GDT: Your NEWWWWWWW JERSEYYYY DEVILLLS @ Flyers - Enough of the negativity edition

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
rabble rabble, higher draft pick

Why not just accept whatever pick we get and have faith the scouting staff does a good job? Also, enjoy the ****ing win, my god.

Not to mention it's not as if they can move a whole bunch of spots either way regardless. Pick-wise they're at 9 now, realistically the best they could be is 8 with a whole bunch of corpses 'leading' the pack. The worst they'll be is maybe 11-12. You're not talking about a big range...why the **** should I care if they're at 8 or 12?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yea it's not a coincidence the D has been playing their best hockey since those 2 orange, traffic cones hit the bricks. I really don't wanna see either of them the rest of the way.

Well it sounds like Sal is pretty damn hurt so I am sure he is done for the year. We may still see the Kremlin cone yet though.

Basically what Glenwo said. No draft pick is coming in to change our fortunes for next year and if you are relying on that then you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Going to take other kinds of moves to bolster this team.

TheDarkSideOfThePuck

Aug 27, 2009
Ottawa
I don't beleive in tanking.

I have a hard time beleiving that a player will not try to win just to get a better player at the draft that might take his spot on the team.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Josefson needs to stay in the lineup the rest of the way. That was a hell of a pass on the D'Agostini goal.

I hate to think Loktionov would miss the rest of the season though. The only way you could 'take out' a center is moving Henrique (or Gio for that matter) to wing. Josefson needs to get a few games in, and Gio doesn't deserve to come out of the lineup.

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
Not to mention it's not as if they can move a whole bunch of spots either way regardless. Pick-wise they're at 9 now, realistically the best they could be is 8 with a whole bunch of corpses 'leading' the pack. The worst they'll be is maybe 11-12. You're not talking about a big range.

The range feels bigger when you look at what people are saying about the depth in the draft. Lots of folks are saying it only goes 8 or 9 players deep, so NJ could lose out on a talented player by winning a few meaningless games at the end of the season. They might also need an extra spot if they get passed by a team behind them winning the lottery.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
**** just get McDavid in 2015 and dick around with whatever middling prospect/non playoff spot they get this year.

Get Domi for giggles

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You know my opinion already. Move Henrique to wing, and take Ponikarovsky out. It's not like he hasn't already been a healthy scratch not too long ago. Josefson stays in the lineup, and Loktionov is back in. I mean what are we gonna do in the future? Have to choose between one or the other? No so why not just keep them both in?

You could even put Josefson on the wing too.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I'm not too confident in our scouts, so just win as many as you can the rest of the way.
Especially at home and the two vs the Rags. :) (all of them)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The range feels bigger when you look at what people are saying about the depth in the draft. Lots of folks are saying it only goes 8 or 9 players deep, so NJ could lose out on a talented player by winning a few meaningless games at the end of the season. They might also need an extra spot if they get passed by a team behind them winning the lottery.

I don't buy what anyone says about a draft before it happens. There's always going to be good players in the first round to be had (Filip Forsberg and Grigorenko were the #11-12 last year). Larsson was supposed to be the #1 overall pick two years ago too, that prediction was wrong as well :laugh:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
You know my opinion already. Move Henrique to wing, and take Ponikarovsky out. It's not like he hasn't already been a healthy scratch not too long ago. Josefson stays in the lineup, and Loktionov is back in. I mean what are we gonna do in the future? Have to choose between one or the other? No so why not just keep them both in?

Poni Part-2 has been a disappointment but he played well tonight and had a lot of jump.

Josefson will get mauled along the boards, he's fine at center.

Put in Lokti for Clarkson next game is the obvious call, but Pete would never do it.

pulkit1989

Nov 16, 2011
What If devils win all the games?.. and rangers lose like 1 or 2.. and then we play them for a playoff spot on the last game of season.. ??? .. THAT WOULD BE EPIC

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I want to see Patty get to 1000 points too.

I would too and he should get to it with no problem. Hopefully it's as a Devil. Would be pretty great to see him get 1000 when Marty gets to 700 kinda like how he broke the Devils points record the same night Marty broke the wins record.

If anything this game proves Marty still has it. He didn't really have to play out of his mind, but it shows if the defense is good, and doesn't give up stupid 2 on 0's, if we don't have bad breaks like pucks going off skates past Marty, and the PKing is good that Marty is pretty reliable. Especially when he's facing more shots like he was tonight. He gets into a groove and doesn't give up borderline goals like the one in Toronto after not being tested the whole night.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL

Yea I'm about done with Poni. He was noticeable tonight but that really doesn't make up for the last month or so of suckage.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
What If devils win all the games?.. and rangers lose like 1 or 2.. and then we play them for a playoff spot on the last game of season.. ??? .. THAT WOULD BE EPIC

I don't think my heart and blood pressure would be able to handle that but then again I survived all the overtimes during the playoffs last year so I should be ok :laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 7m
RT @tpanotchCSN: Scott Hartnell summed up Flyers 3-0 loss to NJ: "It was men playing against kids."

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
rabble rabble, higher draft pick

Why not just accept whatever pick we get and have faith the scouting staff does a good job? Also, enjoy the ****ing win, my god.

Exactly - I completely don't understand why people don't want the 9th spot as opposed to the 11th spot. It really doesn't matter. All 14 teams have a "chance" at winning the top spot. Here are the odds:

Team 1 25.0%
Team 2 18.8%
Team 3 14.2%
Team 4 10.7%
Team 5 8.1%
Team 6 6.2%
Team 7 4.7%
Team 8 3.6%
Team 9 2.7%
Team 10 2.1%
Team 11 1.5%
Team 12 1.1%
Team 13 0.8%
Team 14 0.5%

So, in reality - unless you are going for THE top spot it won't make alot of difference. Even the top 6 maybe, there isn't really much of a difference. (oh gee, it's as if we have 1 ball in the lottery as opposed to 6 out of 200 - that's a reason to tank games...)

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013

Seems like a fairly deep draft to me. There are 5 or 6 guys being mentioned as possible number 1 overall picks and a handful of guys who could be mid to late first round picks who never would have been picked to go that high at the beginning of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad