GDT: Your New Jersey Devils vs Winnipeg Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So get up and play well against good teams. Play like **** against so so teams. I get the strategy NOT. Stop taking nights off Devils or you will be outside looking in come playoff time.

Moose time for a rest.

Finally! More people are seeing it my way. This team needs a good division game to spark them. I'm not talking about the ****in Islanders either. That's another team they don't come to play for. We got these chumps again Thursday, and then the worse team in the league BuffaLOL. Right now I'm expecting an even worse effort against them than what we saw the last two games.

It's no coincidence some of the lower scoring/bad teams like the Islanders, Caps, and Jets score 5 goals against us. And we can't get more than 2 past them. It seems the team starts out fine, but then they just stop playing. Like yesterday after they fell behind they stopped playing. Same with Washington on Saturday. Not the same with Philly 10 days ago when we actually came back. Or in those games earlier in the year against the Isles, and Canadiens where we came back to get a point.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
True but that has been our problem during the slump no matter the situation. If the team isn't executing well most of the game, hard to expect it to suddenly click on the PP. When we start playing better the special teams will improve with it.

PK did start to falter when Zubs went down, and it faltered more because JJ regressed from his solid defensive play earlier in the season. I just don't buy that the reason the PK is bad right now is missing Zach. We went through a period where we killed like 29 out of 29 this year, and it looked just as dangerous as last year. They just need to work on it and execute again.

I think our streak was 19 for 19 earlier this year, but we were doing pretty good. Consistently in the top 8 PK's in the league for a while. Aside from that Isles game at home that we lost in OT, a couple of 5 on 3s, and two OT 4 on 3s we we weren't giving up any one man advantage in regulation PP goals.

I don't buy that Parise has caused us to go from 1st to bottom 5 in the league either. It's not like Parise was playing the whole 2 minutes of the PK either. He would make the PK better for sure, but he's not the reason the PK has dropped 24 spots since last season. It's really on Dave Barr. He controls the PK, he was the genius behind the record breaking PK last year, and now he's the one behind this awful one we're seeing now. He needs to make the adjustments, and see what's wrong. Hopefully with a good practice this week, and some days off he will fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad