Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Leading Scorers (forwards):

Patty Elias 21 pts
Ilya Kovalchuk 17 pts
David Clarkson 16pts
Stephen Gionta 7 pts

Something has to change.

Last year, we were carried by seven forwards, this year only three.

That's going to happen though when Zajac and Henrique are struggling offensively.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Didn't know The Walking Dead started at 5 today.

And for some weird reason, it's broadcasted on MSG+.....

I really am not going to get any work done. Nice joke, but between work, Devils game, and Walking Dead, I'm going have like 30 minute windows to do work.

AZNDevil

Yay band.
Jul 30, 2010
Tennessee
kQGG9VI.jpg

Come on Devils, tear 'em uuuppp! Let's, go home, and poop!

njdevilsftw

Nov 13, 2011
new jersey
So.....does that mean the new top line Kovy-patty-Clarkson ? Sadly if you put them all on the top line all the other lines would be god awful

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I hope DeBoer puts Zajac on our 3rd line. He's been beyond mediocre thus far and giving him a wake up call wouldn't be a bad thing IMO.

Poni-Lokti-Kovy
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Matteau-Zajac-Butler/Bernier
Barch-Gionta-Bernier/Butler

If we had Josefson instead of Barch, we'd have 4 average lines. I just think that Kovy should be playing less minutes to get the maximum out of him. I know he's a super athlete and all but it's only human nature to start regressing eventually.

AZNDevil

Yay band.
Jul 30, 2010
Tennessee
seeing Tavon Austin run a 4.25 today made me smile. Hope he has a good pro career!

Watching him make plays in person made me smile, then made me sad, especially after the dud of a season the team had while he was one of the few consistent bright spots in the season. He's gonna be missed in Morgantown.

I can't wait to watch him break defenders ankles with his cuts on Sundays.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I really don't think our forward depth is all that bad, especially once Zubrus and Carter get back. Of course, getting another proven top 6 or 9 winger would help a lot.

Does anyone really think that Zajac and Henrique are going to continue not producing at their current pace? That would be like Scott Gomez style drop off.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Let's be honest, when Zubrus and Carter come back it's gonna be tougher for Peter Deboer to find room for Barch in the line-up than just sitting him. I know he loves his goons but there will too much depth for Barch. Butler won't sit for him.

It's going to be interesting if Josefson gets called up too.

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
Let's be honest, when Zubrus and Carter come back it's gonna be tougher for Peter Deboer to find room for Barch in the line-up than just sitting him. I know he loves his goons but there will too much depth for Barch. Butler won't sit for him.

It's going to be interesting if Josefson gets called up too.

My problem with this team is we're soft.

Carter+Gionta+Bernier is not a bad fourth line

But a Butler+Loki+whomever will et totally abused. I wouldn't mind if we traded for a guy Clutterbuck..Even if we went

Henrique-Loki-Kovy
Elias-Zajac-Butler
Clutterbuck-Zubrus-Clarkson
CBGB

when all healthy

TALLINDER FOR CLUTTERBUCK

RHilla619

Jan 4, 2010
Marlboro
Need to get back on track tonight, agreed with the comments about someone needing to lay a hit and that the team is soft right now.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
My problem with this team is we're soft.

Carter+Gionta+Bernier is not a bad fourth line

But a Butler+Loki+whomever will et totally abused. I wouldn't mind if we traded for a guy Clutterbuck..Even if we went

Henrique-Loki-Kovy
Elias-Zajac-Butler
Clutterbuck-Zubrus-Clarkson
CBGB

when all healthy

TALLINDER FOR CLUTTERBUCK

Once Carter and Zubrus are healthy, Zubrus-Loktionov-Butler looks good to me and the CBGB boys SHOULD be our 4th line. Bernier and Carter ain't soft. Edit: Neither Gionta btw, just meant as fighters.

njdevilsftw

Nov 13, 2011
new jersey
@NHLDevilsPR: Ryan Carter has been placed on IR, retroactive to Feb. 18. #NJDevils have recalled Jacob Josefson from @albanydevils

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I'm okay with Josefson playing as long as he isn't taking the spot of someone more useful offensively, and he isn't. Lokti and Jo in the same line-up is fine with me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad