GDT: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Philadelphia Flyers, 7 PM, MSG+ 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I've been trying to find a resource with information on the worst record to start the season for teams that have gone on to make the playoffs. Anyone privy to a source?

Not sure, but Masisak just tweeted that since 99-00, 3.7% of teams that started the season with 7 points or less in the first 10 games went on to make the playoffs. I'm sure a large amount of those teams had less talent than this roster, but those are the numbers.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I've been trying to find a resource with information on the worst record to start the season for teams that have gone on to make the playoffs. Anyone privy to a source?
From the athletic

From 1999-00 to 2018-19, 86 NHL teams have recorded seven or fewer points through their first 10 games (since the NHL started awarding a point to each team for reaching overtime).
Twenty-one of them recovered to reach the Stanley Cup Playoffs, including two clubs (Edmonton in 2006, Anaheim in 2003) that made it to the Stanley Cup Final. The 2007-08 Devils are on that list, rebounding from a 3-6-1 start to claim the fourth seed in the Eastern Conference.
Overall in that span, teams that have started with seven or fewer points through 10 games have reached the playoffs 3.7 percent of the time (21 of 570 teams). The 2019-20 Devils have played themselves into that category. At 2-5-3, with seven points through 10 games, New Jersey has a difficult road ahead.”

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
3.7% of teams that started the season with 7 points or less in the first 10 games went on to make the playoffs.

350.png

url

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
"We are the ones...."
That didn't **** the bed in November.

Send it to the marketing team, pronto!
Needs to be modified to “remember remember how Goose got benched the entire month of November.” I hope Hynes found a razor blade in his candy yesterday!

Azathoth

May 25, 2017
Centre of Chaos
He's also just under a ppg right now, scoring at a higher pace than guys like Tavares, Tkachuk, Barzal, Kane, etc. and scoring at essentially the identical pace as Kucherov. He drives offense at an astronomical rate compared to the rest of our team. You make your own narrative. Has he made some horrendous mistakes? Of course. Has he been awful? No.

(And if we want to point fingers, Nico Hischier currently has the same amount of goals as my ass, so...)
You're not wrong. This may just be my lying eyes, but Hall's play has been less impressive than his near point per stacks would indicate. Not boo worthy by any stretch, but still leaves you wanting more from someone who is likely expecting a big pay day in the not too distant future and is supposed to be a premier LW in the league. Nico definitely needs to pick up the scoring.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Not sure, but Masisak just tweeted that since 99-00, 3.7% of teams that started the season with 7 points or less in the first 10 games went on to make the playoffs. I'm sure a large amount of those teams had less talent than this roster, but those are the numbers.

09749490-0967-491E-A1F6-210DC2B0E511.gif

Scooooooooooooot

Jul 31, 2018
He's also just under a ppg right now, scoring at a higher pace than guys like Tavares, Tkachuk, Barzal, Kane, etc. and scoring at essentially the identical pace as Kucherov. He drives offense at an astronomical rate compared to the rest of our team. You make your own narrative. Has he made some horrendous mistakes? Of course. Has he been awful? No.

(And if we want to point fingers, Nico Hischier currently has the same amount of goals as my ass, so...)

you watch what you say about my young son, also weird to point this out after a multi point game.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
I guess Goose is going to watch the game with Gritty tonight in the visitors box to learn how to play “harder.”

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
From the athletic

From 1999-00 to 2018-19, 86 NHL teams have recorded seven or fewer points through their first 10 games (since the NHL started awarding a point to each team for reaching overtime).
Twenty-one of them recovered to reach the Stanley Cup Playoffs, including two clubs (Edmonton in 2006, Anaheim in 2003) that made it to the Stanley Cup Final. The 2007-08 Devils are on that list, rebounding from a 3-6-1 start to claim the fourth seed in the Eastern Conference.
Overall in that span, teams that have started with seven or fewer points through 10 games have reached the playoffs 3.7 percent of the time (21 of 570 teams). The 2019-20 Devils have played themselves into that category. At 2-5-3, with seven points through 10 games, New Jersey has a difficult road ahead.”

Okay, am I losing my mind here? Does he say 86 teams, and then 570? I seriously re-read those two sentences ten times and I cannot figure out what I'm missing.

Reactions: HBK27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad