New Jersey
75619054_10214510667263837_6965232198605602816_n.jpg

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
We are the Ones who don’t deserve a GDT that takes any effort

Edit: English is my friend

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
As if the season couldn't get off to a worse start, if fans start booing Hall tonight that would be mighty embarrassing to the franchise and could drive away the team's star player.

I was on the fence about him re-signing but to me it's pretty clear he's not going to now with how the start of this season has gone and combined with his words about the fans. We suck with or without him anyway so I don't even care at the moment.

Reactions: mdj12784

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
For the record on the whole Hall/fans booing story. Yes, Hall didn't need to say that and should be more cognizant of what the fans are booing about. That said, it's been way overblown and the complete 180 some people have done on their feelings towards Hall because of that is just silly.

I'm not like most fans. I don't boo our team because I don't think it provides a benefit. I don't shit on our own players unless it's completely deserved because they're our guys. I try and rationalize with these guys because they're also human, which is why I made peace long ago that Hall may stay or may go and understand why he would choose the latter.

At the end of the day, hockey is an escape and the Devils are my team above the rest. The minute this becomes too serious, I try and take a step back because it shouldn't be. It's too easy to get frustrated with the results and pile on, when at the end of the day, these guys are human even if they're professionals. Just because they're professionals doesn't mean they're incapable of getting mentally shot. Just like anyone else in any other line of work, things can start to pile on and you feel like you can't come out of it.

So, take a step back on things. Try and support the guys to turn it around. There is a talented team here. There are pieces in place. I'll still be on the attempt to be optimistic train, even if I'm all alone.

LGD

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
Hope it is Blackwood v Hart.

Want some bragging rights, our young goalie is better than your young goalie.

Something that will make me want to watch.
Hart is starting tonight. I am actually expecting a good game. IMO both teams will play hard tonight for their young goalies because both teams know their veteran goalie is not the answer. Blackwood has won 2 out of his 3 - I am expecting 3 out of 4 after tonight

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
For the record on the whole Hall/fans booing story. Yes, Hall didn't need to say that and should be more cognizant of what the fans are booing about. That said, it's been way overblown and the complete 180 some people have done on their feelings towards Hall because of that is just silly.

I'm not like most fans. I don't boo our team because I don't think it provides a benefit. I don't **** on our own players unless it's completely deserved because they're our guys. I try and rationalize with these guys because they're also human, which is why I made peace long ago that Hall may stay or may go and understand why he would choose the latter.

At the end of the day, hockey is an escape and the Devils are my team above the rest. The minute this becomes too serious, I try and take a step back because it shouldn't be. It's too easy to get frustrated with the results and pile on, when at the end of the day, these guys are human even if they're professionals. Just because they're professionals doesn't mean they're incapable of getting mentally shot. Just like anyone else in any other line of work, things can start to pile on and you feel like you can't come out of it.

So, take a step back on things. Try and support the guys to turn it around. There is a talented team here. There are pieces in place. I'll still be on the attempt to be optimistic train, even if I'm all alone.

LGD

Very well said.

I understand the fans' frustration with how this season is going and sure Hall is fairly frustrated himself with the team's performance and his performance as well. Listening to the actual quote, I don't think he's taking a shot at NJ's fanbase, but just stating a fact - when you're at home getting booed by your own fans, it's a tougher environment. The team could've used some support and energy from the fanbase at that point in a tie game. He also said he understands being booed at the end of a game after a loss.

Anyway, absolutely agree with not taking this stuff all too seriously. Unfortunately, the level of frustration online across platforms with this fanbase is reaching toxic levels. I was frustrated after the other night, but I'm excited for tonight's game - hopefully the team gets off to a good start to get the crowd into it and it doesn't get ugly. As disappointing as the past 2 losses have been, the Devils were the better team in both games generating most of the shots and chances. Bad goaltending and some unlucky bounces did the team in - hopefully Blackwood can provide adequate goaltending tonight to get this team back on the right track.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Philly gonna be pissed after that butt whoopin they took vs. pens

Devils better show up ready to gut this one out if they want a W for a change

If not, I hope Taylor brought earmuffs

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
btw, lol @ babadook reference

I'll be at the game

Curious to see what form the shit show will take tonight

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I can't take credit for that meme sadly, but I loved it too much when I first saw it earlier in the week. Think it was on HockeyWebcast's Facebook page.

Then the Lightning game happened, and I knew I had to share it here. :laugh:

Reactions: mtnet

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
We are the Ones........who might boo Taylor Hall all night.

Not only is this a stupid strategy that will chase Hall out the door, but it sends a horrible message to players around the league and even guys like Hughes. Why would any player want to go to a team where the fans boo their star player? If anything, the fans should come out and support their team tonight and give them the push they need to get this on track. No reason to act like a bunch of butt hurt teenagers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad