GDT: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Philadelphia Flyers, 7 PM, MSG+ 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Not only is this a stupid strategy that will chase Hall out the door, but it sends a horrible message to players around the league and even guys like Hughes. Why would any player want to go to a team where the fans boo their star player? If anything, the fans should come out and support their team tonight and give them the push they need to get this on track. No reason to act like a bunch of butt hurt teenage girls.

Hall is already out the door between this team not making the playoffs and the poor start and his comments.

Guys aren't going to not come here because the team gets booed when they have 2 wins all year and blow 5 games at home. Don't be over dramatic.

This fan base is not anywhere near hard enough on the team, especially when compared to most teams around the league. Throw in our horrendous group of beat reporters and there's really no accountability whatsoever.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
The question comes up before every game, but seriously, how bad does this have to get before Ray even acknowledges it.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
To go on record, I've never boo'd the team nor would I, not my style

If others do at this point though *shrug*

I'll jump in on a fire Hynes chant though, just sayin

Reactions: theoptimist

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
The fans have the right to boo the team - they deserve it given the recent performances.

Hall was wrong to call out the fans (he should have some self awareness).

That being said, the whole situation has been way overblown. It was a post game interview, he was probably pissed off and just said what he said. Please guys do not boo Hall now. Come on...

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Hall is already out the door between this team not making the playoffs and the poor start and his comments.

Guys aren't going to not come here because the team gets booed when they have 2 wins all year and blow 5 games at home. Don't be over dramatic.

This fan base is not anywhere near hard enough on the team, especially when compared to most teams around the league. Throw in our horrendous group of beat reporters and there's really no accountability whatsoever.

Hall is absolutely not out the door. He was celebrating more than anyone when Palmieri tied it. As Corey Masisak said, Hall’s favorite part of the playoff run was how loud the arena was in game 3. He’s far from gone, but our idiotic fans will do their best to force an elite player out the door over a relatively harmless comment.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
If our fans actually actively boo Hall, they'll get their wish and he will be out the door. Believe me.

It wouldn't surprise me either. There were knuckleheads that booed Sal if he was introduced in the starting lineup back in the day because he was our captain and old. There are still knuckleheads who boo Cory if he's starting, which is a surefire way to improve a player's mental funk.

I think that singling out the individual player is petty and childish. If you want to boo the situation/team after giving up another lead or after a loss, fine. The rest of it is or would be embarrassing.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
He hasn't been booed specifically, yet. I agree that booing him tonight would be trash, but the other night he wasn't booed specifically..

Agreed. I was just referring to the idea that he will specifically be booed when he touches the puck. Booing the team as a whole when they perform like shit is entirely different.

Reactions: HBK27

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
There's no doubt in my mind that the same mongo's responsible for the you suck chant and other 'suck' chants will be booing him tonight the first time he touches the puck.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Would have been perfect timing for the extended western Canada road trip after last game. As Hall said, they're going to be fighting their own fans tonight. And the Flyers and their fans will feed off of that atmosphere.

Azathoth

May 25, 2017
Centre of Chaos
Part of me agrees that its not a great look to boo the team and/or boo Hall. On the other hand, former league MVP Hall currently has the same amount of goals as Miles Wood's ass, so...

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Hall is absolutely not out the door. He was celebrating more than anyone when Palmieri tied it. As Corey Masisak said, Hall’s favorite part of the playoff run was how loud the arena was in game 3. He’s far from gone, but our idiotic fans will do their best to force an elite player out the door over a relatively harmless comment.

I was on the fence about him leaving but I totally think he's out the door now. This team isn't making the playoffs and he'll either be traded or walk.

I'm absolutely annoyed about his comments still but I won't be booing him unless this game gets ridiculously out of hand which at that point the season is already sunk and might as well just enjoy watching everything burn.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
There are still knuckleheads who boo Cory if he's starting, which is a surefire way to improve a player's mental funk.

Considering how absolutely horrible Cory has been the last few seasons he's gotten treated amazingly well by this fan base. He's a great person which is why I think he hasn't gotten it so bad from the fans. Everyone wants to see him to turn it around, just doesn't seem like it's ever going to happen.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
For the record on the whole Hall/fans booing story. Yes, Hall didn't need to say that and should be more cognizant of what the fans are booing about. That said, it's been way overblown and the complete 180 some people have done on their feelings towards Hall because of that is just silly.

I'm not like most fans. I don't boo our team because I don't think it provides a benefit. I don't **** on our own players unless it's completely deserved because they're our guys. I try and rationalize with these guys because they're also human, which is why I made peace long ago that Hall may stay or may go and understand why he would choose the latter.

At the end of the day, hockey is an escape and the Devils are my team above the rest. The minute this becomes too serious, I try and take a step back because it shouldn't be. It's too easy to get frustrated with the results and pile on, when at the end of the day, these guys are human even if they're professionals. Just because they're professionals doesn't mean they're incapable of getting mentally shot. Just like anyone else in any other line of work, things can start to pile on and you feel like you can't come out of it.

So, take a step back on things. Try and support the guys to turn it around. There is a talented team here. There are pieces in place. I'll still be on the attempt to be optimistic train, even if I'm all alone.

LGD

3F6A929B-176E-40EF-ADDF-14FBDA07D270.gif

Reactions: Prezidentas Zubrus

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Part of me agrees that its not a great look to boo the team and/or boo Hall. On the other hand, former league MVP Hall currently has the same amount of goals as Miles Wood's ass, so...

He's also just under a ppg right now, scoring at a higher pace than guys like Tavares, Tkachuk, Barzal, Kane, etc. and scoring at essentially the identical pace as Kucherov. He drives offense at an astronomical rate compared to the rest of our team. You make your own narrative. Has he made some horrendous mistakes? Of course. Has he been awful? No.

(And if we want to point fingers, Nico Hischier currently has the same amount of goals as my ass, so...)

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
I've been trying to find a resource with information on the worst record to start the season for teams that have gone on to make the playoffs. Anyone privy to a source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad