GDT: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Calgary Flames, 7 PM, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
do fans boo this guy when they announce hes the starter? maybe they should start giving him the sarcastic cheers for the easy saves
They started chanting for him after he made one challenging save last night in the 3rd period.

I kind of lost faith in them chanting anything bad about him for the rest of the year after that.

They may still Bronx cheer him though. I think they’ve already done that this year once? I can’t remember when.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You thought I was bad before? I’m really gonna be insufferable now

I’m gonna go over 5 of Vitek’s 7 goals against over the last two games. One by one. That BAD goals.

Here’s the two against Colorado, because they’re in the same video. And they came 29 seconds apart. He also has a knack for giving up multiple goals in short order. It’s happened too many times this year and started with game 4 of the Carolina series. Only usually it’s 3 goals in like 4 minutes. Sometimes even 4. But that’s for a different discussion.

First goal in this clip he’s clearly lost. He’s looking the other way and takes his right foot off the post while he’s looking the other way. If he at least has his right foot against the post it’s a save. At least on the first shot.

Next goal in this clip is a shot from above the circle and at an angle. Not even in the high slot. And this goes under his left arm, just as many goals before the break were going in. Between the arm and pad. This isn’t even a scoring chance at all. Embarrassing. I don’t wanna hear about anything a skater did on this goal.

Reactions: Louskoolaid89

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Bad goal #1 from last night.

I just hope whatever they show Ruff saying to Green was “What a shit goal that was”.

Dead angle goal, off his arm. This wasn’t even one of those common dead angle goals scored because the goalie is in the reverse VH and it goes through a small hole or the top of the net somewhere. This easily should have hit him in his arm. He probably should have even been able to catch this one. Trash goal. I don’t wanna hear about anything anybody else did wrong on this or Ruff’s system causing this.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Bad goal #2 of last night. I call this the Dick Trickler and this is easily the worst goal he allowed. We see about 10-15 shots like this on each goalie per game and it’s spectacularly rare when they aren’t saves. This looks extremely unthreatening as the shot is being taken (if you can forget that it’s Vanecek in goal) and it still leaks through him and it’s laying in the crease and put in behind him. Not to mention, the goal scorer admitted in the post game to laughing at how this went in.

I don’t wanna hear about anybody else doing anything wrong on this or Ruff’s system. EVERY system allows shots like this during games. Even the hardest systems to get goals against.

It’s an insult to Dick Trickle to even name these after him.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Vitek not only gives up soft goals he gives up deflating momentum killing goals.

Devils go into the period 1-0 at the end of the first that’s a completely different game. Hell even if they go into the third 1-1 that’s a completely different game as opposed
To chasing half the game wondering if your soft as goalie is going to give up the third goal before you can get the second

Or he goes in an abysmal 5 minutes of player where he gives up 3

95 percent of his problem is rebound control
That 4th goal was the worst. The Nico Shorty + entire PK was incredible, some of the loudest the rock has been all year.

At 3-2 I thought we were coming back, just for him to give up a softie and the crowd was just out of it after that.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Bad goal #3 of last night.

This is a routine shot into the glove and it comes out for a rebound and a pretty easy goal.

When you glove this long shot as cleanly as he did, then that’s it, the play should be whistled dead. Only it wasn’t because he didn’t have the puck in his glove.

This is not anybody else’s fault, this is not Ruff’s system’s fault. None of these are.
Unless you really think to play a perfect hockey game and have a perfect system than the team must allow ZERO shots/goalie must allow ZERO shots per game?

Reactions: longislanddevil

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey

Bad goal #3 of last night.

This is a routine shot into the glove and it comes out for a rebound and a pretty easy goal.

When you glove this long shot as cleanly as he did, then that’s it, the play should be whistled dead. Only it wasn’t because he didn’t have the puck in his glove.

This is not anybody else’s fault, this is not Ruff’s system’s fault. None of these are.
Unless you really think to play a perfect hockey game and have a perfect system than the team must allow ZERO shots/goalie must allow ZERO shots per game?

This goal was the absolute worst because it killed all momentum and took the crowd out of the game. The entire place was ROCKING after Nicos shorty

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That 4th goal was the worst. The Nico Shorty + entire PK was incredible, some of the loudest the rock has been all year.

At 3-2 I thought we were coming back, just for him to give up a softie and the crowd was just out of it after that.
You’re wrong.

Thats the fault of a combination of Ruff’s system and the 5 skaters on the ice. Maybe Vitek deserves a little blame.

I can’t wait until this broken condom is out of the organization. The relationship has been irreparable since last April.

The chump ass bum doesn’t even come out to face the media during the post games.

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
@Bleedred

Thank you for posting the goals. Having just rewatched them, they’re actually even worse somehow than I originally thought. This guy is THE WORST GOALIE IN THE NHL!! As bad as Blackwood was, he did have some games in which he stood on his head. This dude is just straight-up TRASH. This team needs a wake up call. Waive him now.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
one of the hilarious things about this board is the (legitimate) griping about our goalies contrasted with the unwillingness to draft one in the first round. mind boggling

I have major doubts about Askarov. I'm not 100% certain why people are so high on him outside of his draft position.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Bad goal #2 of last night. I call this the Dick Trickler and this is easily the worst goal he allowed. We see about 10-15 shots like this on each goalie per game and it’s spectacularly rare when they aren’t saves. This looks extremely unthreatening as the shot is being taken (if you can forget that it’s Vanecek in goal) and it still leaks through him and it’s laying in the crease and put in behind him. Not to mention, the goal scorer admitted in the post game to laughing at how this went in.

I don’t wanna hear about anybody else doing anything wrong on this or Ruff’s system. EVERY system allows shots like this during games. Even the hardest systems to get goals against.

To be fair, Vitek and Ruff's system can both be out of place with this team.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Just as bad as the trickling goal is how wide freaking open 91 is. No was ever on him. He was in dangerous dead ice that entire play. That happens so freaking often in this stupid defensive scheme. Last year we had enough speed up and down the lineup to last second read that and get to the guy, but we don't this year and it's absolutely murdering the team.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
@Bleedred

Thank you for posting the goals. Having just rewatched them, they’re actually even worse somehow than I originally thought. This guy is THE WORST GOALIE IN THE NHL!! As bad as Blackwood was, he did have some games in which he stood on his head. This dude is just straight-up TRASH. This team needs a wake up call. Waive him now.
Don’t even get me started

As bad as Blackwood was last year (and he was clearly and by far the worst goalie on the team of the three last year) he had three one goal against starts in 20 starts last year.

Vitek currently has 2 starts of only 1 goal against in 28 starts.

Vitek has a quality start percentage of .393 this year. Blackwood had a quality starts of .586 last year.

Even Schneider’s ghost had a higher percentage except for his .273 in just 11 starts in 19-20.

Kinkaid’s .395 in 18-19 is close enough, but even he had THREE shutouts that season.

Even Brodeur’s lowest was .462 in 39 starts in 13-14.

PUTRID.

The only thing that flatters him are both Daws and Schmid have a lower percentage, but neither has even gotten half the starts he has. That’s almost an unsustainable number over that 28 starts, unless you’re close to historically bad.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I have major doubts about Askarov. I'm not 100% certain why people are so high on him outside of his draft position.
hopefully nashville thinks the world of him and look to move saros. can't wait to see this boards meltdown at the package it would take for saros level goalie lol

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just as bad as the trickling goal is how wide freaking open 91 is. No was ever on him. He was in dangerous dead ice that entire play. That happens so freaking often in this stupid defensive scheme. Last year we had enough speed up and down the lineup to last second read that and get to the guy, but we don't this year and it's absolutely murdering the team.
Gimme a break. Guys are wide open on a lot of shots that don’t go in. Or go wide and you don’t even notice. That’s a shot you let the goalie eat and they almost always do.

This is ALL Vitek.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
everyone has doubts about young goalies. i have way more doubts about the goalies in our system and pipeline. at a certain point, we’ll spend exorbitant assets on a proven goalie, and people will have doubts about that too. having terrible goalies every year and not doing anything to address it is lunacy.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Again, Fitz needs to do this to one of Rogalski or Vitek today.

Or at least before tomorrow night’s game.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Gimme a break. Guys are wide open on a lot of shots that don’t go in. Or go wide and you don’t even notice. That’s a shot you let the goalie eat and they almost always do.

This is ALL Vitek.

It can be on VV and the stupid defense. Both things can be a problem. I'm not defending the horrendous goal. I'm calling attention to the equally horrendous defending.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lindy's starting Vitek at this point to be his excuse and shield to Fitz canning him. "If we had any goaltending at all..."

Then stop using him.
Fitz also needs to take the toy away from him like the Oilers did with Campbell when Woodcroft wouldn’t stop alternating goalies before he got fired.

But honestly, I have no problem with the way Vitek has been used recently. Ruff did let Daws play about 60% of the games in January.

Ruff playing him too much in November was a problem. Like the Rangers game that he cost us. That’s another game Vitek cost us. And he gave them that game by throwing the Rangers favorite blow up doll out there to give us the alternate ending of game 3 (or maybe even game 4?) of that series had Vitek not been removed after game 2.

He’s a f***in fool for not letting them face the goalie that was a career 4-1 with a .951% and 2 shutouts against their team and throwing in the entire reason they started up 2-0 last year.

Nice to know they sometimes look at a goalie’s play historically against a team, yet choose to ignore it other times.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Again, Fitz needs to do this to one of Rogalski or Vitek today.

Or at least before tomorrow night’s game.

It's simply not going to happen. I hope you don't suffer a literal mental breakdown as a result. I am starting to get a little concerned for the actual mental well being of a couple of posters here. I really hope you can separate this from actual important things in life.

Reactions: Guttersniped

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
everyone has doubts about young goalies. i have way more doubts about the goalies in our system and pipeline. at a certain point, we’ll spend exorbitant assets on a proven goalie, and people will have doubts about that too. having terrible goalies every year and not doing anything to address it is lunacy.

Goalies anymore are absolute voodoo. Take the couple known great goalies out of the equation (Vasi, Igor, Sorokin, Helle): When was the last time someone spent major assets for a goalie and came out a better team as a result? It's mostly catching lighting in a bottle with waiver wire pickups or cheap FA signings.

It does also suck that Fitz had such bad luck with Crawford and Bernier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad