Dec 20, 2018
Where charts

No tweet for this for some reason:
IMG_4509.jpegIMG_4510.jpegIMG_4511.jpegIMG_4512.jpeg

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
The Bahl goal, I agree, we don't see much of that, but it's still a pretty low-percentage goal. The Miller goal was a miracle and the Smith goal was pretty close to one. You will get goals like this over the course of the season and indeed the Devils at one point had a ridiculously low number of 5v5 goals from D men given how often they activate, it's just a shame they all came in the same game.

lol come on, putting a 0 in the Devils column is ridiculous if you're doing hypotheticals, the Devils had their best power play shift of the season
My bad 2-1 or 3-1 then lol the 18 other minutes they got posterized by the worst team in the league

It was 7-1 in favor of the sharks on high danger chances

9-3 in scoring chances in favor of the sharks

62 percent corsi share for the sharks

At 5 on 5

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
What the heck happened? I left at 0-1.

#29 with a shutout but then out?

Did they dominate or were the Kahkonen/Sharks that bad?

Blackwood said something about really wanting to win to prove something to that poster with the adorable unicorn avatar and how if they weren’t watching nothing really mattered. Then he broke his stick in disgust and skated off.

You’d think Bleed riding him would have made more of an impression but can we really know what goes on in the human heart?

Also, the Sharks suck and the cold goalie sucked so we had a much easier go of it offensively. Daws and their lack of talent saved us when braindead breakdowns happened.

The Sharks handily lead the NHL in GA/GP, it was fun to score 7 but it’s meaningless.

I’m no doomer but I’m honestly still fuming over scoring 1 goal on Jonas f***ing Johansson and his .886 SV%.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
The Bahl postgame comments about “pressure” making the guys unhappy and unenthusiastic on the bench is some of the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard. You’re a hockey player. Pressure to compete and perform is literally the whole job.

No wonder this team is so mentally soft.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I definitely thought Kahkonen sucked. I nailed him on four goals (can’t remember which anymore), but we still should have won the game comfortably.

I think it was the Jack breakaway goal, Bahl, Nico and one of the Smith or Miller goals. Can’t remember which one. There was another borderline one, which I also don’t remember anymore. I’ll be damned if I’m reviewing it again. I still have to review the 11 other games.

Whatever shit I got has made me extremely lazy. I’m barely motivated to shower or brush my teeth. This has defibirely surpassed Covid 2.0 from last summer. It’s not quite as bad as Covid 1.0 from January of 2021, but we’re coming very close to the same number of days with symptoms.

All I really need is a good night of sleep and I think I’ll feel 90%.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
The Bahl postgame comments about “pressure” making the guys unhappy and unenthusiastic on the bench is some of the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard. You’re a hockey player. Pressure to compete and perform is literally the whole job.

No it's not, the whole job is to play hockey. The pressure part is doing it at the top of your ability while several thousand people are watching you do it. Some players claim to thrive in that environment, others will say (rarely, because it sounds weak) that it is the difficult part of doing it, but I don't think 'that's the job' at all.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
No it's not, the whole job is to play hockey. The pressure part is doing it at the top of your ability while several thousand people are watching you do it. Some players claim to thrive in that environment, others will say (rarely, because it sounds weak) that it is the difficult part of doing it, but I don't think 'that's the job' at all.
Literally any job has a pressure to perform. That’s no different in the accounting department as it is in hockey. The difference is there’s a scoreboard, box score, and standings to regularly measure how you’re performing in the NHL.

This is especially true for a guy like Bahl. This is not a guy with an established track record. He needs to prove he can play, and play well, at this level if he wants a long and successful career and the millions of dollars that entails. That he is already seeming to buckle, or at the very least not even understand the nature of being a professional hockey player, is not a good sign.

And it’s even worse if there’s another half dozen guys on this roster thinking the same way.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

My only problem with that quote is where is the actual pressure coming from? Sure as shit isn’t coming from the organization or the coaching staff…the lame media? :laugh:

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
My only problem with that quote is where is the actual pressure coming from? Sure as shit isn’t coming from the organization or the coaching staff…the lame media? :laugh:
Maybe the "Fire Ruff" chants for one, also these players probably can't help themselves and look on social media.

Reactions: My3Sons

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
The former is basically a last game or two phenomena and the latter well I have no sympathy for them in that case if they’re taking a dopey social media comments section to heart

Yeah the chants weren't really a thing until last home game. There were some minor attempts a few home games before but it went nowhere.

They should feel that pressure. The home record is terrible...

Reactions: My3Sons

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Maybe I'm too sympathetic, but I understand what Bahl's getting at. It's all about being a pro obviously at the end of the day, and it's much easier for us as fans to think they can shrug things off immediately and move on.

But these guys are fighting for everything they have each time they're out there. And if they fail to meet expectations, there are consequences. For a guy like Bahl, he gets eviscerated on here every night for misplays. If he's thinking about those misplays himself, and can't get one to go his way more often, I'm sure it weighs on him. The same as it might for any other player. A lot of these guys have been able to succeed in every league before the NHL because of their skillset alone. The NHL is a much different animal, and guys have to adapt to constantly adjust.

They're human after all. Maybe we want them to be more robotic and block out everything to focus on the next shift and the next play, but it's not always the case.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
To be frank, the fans have given this team a very long leash this season. It took almost 50 games for the ruff chants to resurface. Guys who were struggling like Timo and Vitek were constantly supported in every home game with Timo and Vitek chants.

I don’t buy the pressure comments unless they read us on here haha

Unless the pressure means coming from where they are in the standings then sure, thats a new pressure for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad