GDT: Your New Jersey Devils @ Montreal Canadiens, Bell Centre, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Count me in on Gomez.

I wanted Gagner, and I know people are going to say he sucks, and point to a bad game in the A, but whatever, I'll give Gomez another swing, we need to try something. We are right there in the mix, just a little bit of production from the 3rd line could go a long way.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
tootoo, Matteau and Kalinin each got 1:30+ of PP time last night. Combined they have 16 points on the season. Ugh.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Why are we having a fire sale now? Seriously?

There ain't much to sell anyway, at least in the true sense of selling (trading a Merrill type isn't selling, its changing the deck). You'll get maybe a 2 for Stempniak and a 3-4 for Schlemko? Even if you wanted to trade Patty and he was amenable to it he can't stay on the ice. Nobody else on an expiring contract is worth moving.

People are so deathly afraid of the eighth seed lose in the first round 'mediocrity' that's why the first two game losing streak and its sell, sell, sell.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Hey if Philly is in the mood to retain salary.. I would give them a call and ask what it would take to get Gagner at 50%.

People can say what they want about him... but he's 26 and miles ahead of Tlusty, Josefson, Kennedy, Ruutu, Sislo, and Gionta.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Hey if Philly is in the mood to retain salary.. I would give them a call and ask what it would take to get Gagner at 50%.

People can say what they want about him... but he's 26 and miles ahead of Tlusty, Josefson, Kennedy, Ruutu, Sislo, and Gionta.

Not what this season's numbers suggest.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Okay let's line them up

Gagner- 18gp, 5 Points

Tootoo- 40gp, 8 points

Josefson- 36gp, 7 points

Gionta- 41gp, 5 points

Tlusty- 29gp, 4 points

Kennedy- 18gp, 3 points

O'Neill- 22gp, 2 points

Matteau- 18gp, 1 point

Ruutu- 9gp, 1 point

Sislo, 4gp, 0 points

So while Josefson and Tootoo have more points, Gagner's PPG ratio is better.
Add to that Gagner's point totals in his NHL seasons:

49, 41, 41, 42, 47, 38 (Shortened Season), 37 (Injuries), 41

He is very consistent, is only 26, and would be much better for this team than anyone I listed.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Gagner is the new Brunner who was the new Semin, the unwanted, one-dimensional offensive forwards who don't even produce offense anymore but we still go crazy over.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Gagner is the new Brunner who was the new Semin, the unwanted, one-dimensional offensive forwards who don't even produce offense anymore but we still go crazy over.

Brunner hardly had any NHL experience and was older.

Semin fell off the face of the earth production wise.

Again, for the 10,000th time, look at Gagner's numbers. He is in no way like either of them.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Brunner hardly had any NHL experience and was older.

Semin fell off the face of the earth production wise.

Again, for the 10,000th time, look at Gagner's numbers. He is in no way like either of them.

And yet he's out of the league entirely, just like them and all the other one dimensional guys everyone wants.

Other than maybe his rookie season and the lockout season I don't even see anything particularly impressive point wise considering he was in plum roles in Edmonton.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
And yet he's out of the league entirely.

Other than maybe his rookie season and the lockout season I don't even see anything particularly impressive point wise considering he was in plum roles in Edmonton.

Compare him to 80% of our roster and you'll see what makes him appealing.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Compare him to 80% of our roster and you'll see what makes him appealing.

You think we're the only team he'd be a theoretical improvement on? Its not fantasy hockey where you can just plug in stats and ignore giving him a different role, how he plays without the puck, intelligence and coach-ability.

It just gets old seeing the same type of posts wanting everyone on the land of the misfit toys because they have flash when none of those guys that we constantly debate ever pan out elsewhere.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
But Zajac needs to score on one of these two breakaways the last 2 games. Last game he at least forced the goalie to make a save. Tonight though, he must have shot the puck to Ontario somewhere.

This made me laugh so hard. I wonder if Zajac's puck has landed yet.:laugh:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
You think we're the only team he'd be a theoretical improvement on? Its not fantasy hockey where you can just plug in stats and ignore giving him a different role, how he plays without the puck, intelligence and coach-ability.

It just gets old seeing the same type of posts wanting everyone on the land of the misfit toys because they have flash when none of those guys that we constantly debate ever pan out elsewhere.

I'd like to see a little effort. That's all. Gagner would have required very little effort. A roll of the dice that would have cost us zero in assets.

And again, It does not have to be Gagner, I'd love someone better, but Gagner would have been such an easy move.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I'd like to see a little effort. That's all. Gagner would have required very little effort. A roll of the dice that would have cost us zero in assets.

And again, It does not have to be Gagner, I'd love someone better, but Gagner would have been such an easy move.

so with this statement, you are implying Shero is not putting in effort?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
so with this statement, you are implying Shero is not putting in effort?

I'm not seeing effort.

Again, I said this elsewhere, I don't think Shero thought this team had a chance at the playoffs this year. I think the cap space is evidence of that. I think he figured this was another year in which we would get another high pick. And beginning of the year, I was cool with that.

But we are half way into the year and sit in a playoff spot. We could use some offense in the worst way. He's bringing up Mike Sislo.

Maybe he's working on things, I don't know, but I'm not seeing it. I'm just going by what I see. And what I see is Tlusty on the 1st line and Ruutu on the 2nd. We need better then that.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
still cant believe those pukes lost to that team who has been in the dumpster for the past like 17 games. pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad