GDT: Your New Jersey Devils @ Montreal Canadiens, Bell Centre, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Running with 4 D now. Gelinas in the locker room trying to waive Ruutu

Edit: he's back

Meant to reply to this earlier.

Loved the thought behind Gelinas being in the locker room though, I did have a good laugh at it.:laugh:

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
That was arguably the best chance of the game and Sislo shows why he's an AHL player and can't stick in the NHL at age 28 or whatever he is now.

The fact that we even call up this player is a joke, I thought it would stop after Lou and company were gone.

He's the new Sestito.

You're awfully quiet about Tootoo, who can't even stay on his feet/fight/play defense/skate at full speed anymore.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You're awfully quiet about Tootoo, who can't even stay on his feet/fight/play defense/skate at full speed anymore.

I've been blasting Tootoo all year.

No way he's worse than Ruutu at this point though.

At least he's also good for a power play one timer goal every 10 games or a point or two against the Red Wings here and there.:laugh:

Sislo doesn't belong in this league. How much more do we need to see of him? 30 games (29 I think?) and one point.

He doesn't belong in the league, why do some people like him so much? I understand when it's a 21-22 year old like Matteau, but not a 28 year old that's never even been considered a legitimate prospect.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm still laughing at the Zajac breakaway. He did hit the net...above the glass lol.

I try my best not to get on guys that have consistently brought offense this year, which I feel like Zajac has more than all but 4 or 5 other players, though he's on a lengthy goal drought.

But he's gotta score on one of those these last two games. That was the best chances we had in both games.

I understand why Sislo can't score on his opportunity he had in the 3rd, it's because he's a no NHL talent BUM.

But Zajac has to score on one of these. Going back to the OT against Boston too, another one he didn't cash in on.:shakehead

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
0-11-2 when they score 1 goal.
3 times shutout too.

I don't think many teams have a good record when only scoring one goal.

So to be fair, I won't hold that record against them when only scoring once.

The fact that we score only one or fewer goals so frequently is the big problem.

But it's to be expected with ALL of Ruutu, Sislo, Tlusty, Matteau, Kalinin, in the lineup.

I don't even think all of these players are on pace for 30 points combined.

I leave Tootoo, Gionta and Farnham out of that group because they're actually on the 4th line where the belong. Just like the rest of them should be, or retired/Europe or back in the AHL.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We need accumulate more picks in this summer's draft.

I don't see how it's possible.

Unless you trade a guy like Cammalleri, which would be awesome if you like scoring 1 or 0 goals frequently and seeing the likes of Sislo and Ruutu BOTH in the lineup in the same night. Or some other AHL or retirement home fodder.

Tlusty ain't worth nothing, Ruutu ain't worth nothing unless a team wants to tank, Tootoo ain't worth a thing, Gionta ain't worth a thing.

You got Stempniak and Schlemko that might actually be worth something. Elias might get you something, just because he's Patrik Elias. But I'm about 70%-75% sure that he's played his last game in the league and won't be returning from this injury.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Shero must trade every expiring contract at the deadline.

Schlemko - 5rd/4rd/ 3rd
Stempniak - 4rd/3rd/2rd
Tlusty, Tootoo - 7rd

Keep Elias as I'd like to see him retiring as a devil.

Hire a competent coach to run this PP.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Schlemko - 5rd/4rd/ 3rd
Stempniak - 4rd/3rd/2rd
Tlusty, Tootoo - 7rd

Tlusty and Tootoo will not bring anything back.

That's like asking for someone to give us something for Havlat and Ryder last year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It wouldn't have changed much, unless you think Gomez is still a top six forward. Who is he going to set up on the third line? Josefson? Kalinin? Tootoo?

I think he would have been good insurance if we picked him up.

I mean, we're actiually playing Mike Sislo right now. 1 point in 27 career game in the NHL.

Gomez isn't gonna get a point per game, or even a half a point per game. But he'd be able to produce something for this team, unlike the garbage we see out there.

He'd also undoubtedly outproduce Tlusty at this point too, or at least I believe so.

I remember everyone applauding when we called up Blandisi last month. ''If Lou were still here, we'd be calling up Sislo. This move is awesome'' and then we went and called him up anyway.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Tlusty and Tootoo will not bring anything back.

That's like asking for someone to give us something for Havlat and Ryder last year.

Probably right but

sVa5KJq.gif

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not sure if Gomez is that bad when your top center is Zajac. Zajac is so bad offensively. He's like a bigger Gionta.

Zajac hasn't been that bad this season.

BUT he does need to score on one of these chances, they're a lot more higher quality than any of the chances any of these other guys have gotten that don't score at all.

Though Tlusty has done a great job at not scoring. That was a bigger bust signing than any I can think of in the last few seasons. Havlat of last season wasn't even as bad as Tlusty, I'm not sure Ryder was either.

It's all good and fine that he can play defense and has speed, but we signed him to score points and produce offense. If he's needs Eric Staal so bad that he can't exceed 4 points in 29 games or be on pace for more than 10 or 11 points in an 82 game season, then he's pretty brutal and just doesn't belong in the league anymore.

That ****in dummy with the big nose that we terminated last year wasn't even this bad at offense.

Tlusty has became Brunner with a brain, just with lousy hands and offensive instincts.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
At least Tlusty plays defense. Nothing was more rage inducing than watching Ryder coast through the neutral zone instead of backchecking and purposefully avoiding getting/giving the body

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Yeah, Tlusty hasn't been very impressive but it's nothing like watching Ryder's last year here. At least with Tlusty you see some effort and awareness. I honestly really like Jiri's game but it's hard to deny his season's gone about as badly as possible so far.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
At least Tlusty plays defense. Nothing was more rage inducing than watching Ryder coast through the neutral zone instead of backchecking and purposefully avoiding getting/giving the body

While I don't disagree, the guy was brought in to play offense. We have enough players who can do that, almost every forward we have can do that, other than Tootoo. Even if they don't do it as well as Tlusty. I would also argue that Ruutu can't do it anymore either. He sucks at every facet of the game, he's as bad as last year's (and the current) Zubrus.

Tlusty was signed to contribute offensively, and right now he's on pace for fewer points than almost all of the 4th liners (that play on the 3rd line) I constantly complain about. He does have more points than Matteau and Gionta though.

I don't regret the signing, because I don't think anyone could have predicted him to be this bad. The signing was worth it at under a million and just a year. But he's been the biggest disappointment on the year.

I would say he's easily been the biggest disappointment, or Matteau. Though I did expect more offense out of the bottom 6/3rd line than what we're getting. Even if we were a lottery team, I never thought we'd only have just 2 goals in 41 games from the ''3rd line''.

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012

Schlemko - 5rd/4rd/ 3rd
Stempniak - 4rd/3rd/2rd
Tlusty, Tootoo - 7rd

The only ones that might get us ANYTHING at TDL is Stemp and Schlem. Why would anyone take on anyone else of our team? They're not even adding depth to us, much less any team stacking for a run.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Team is top heavy and missing their leading scorer.

Plus being down a D tonight noticeably made the breakouts sloppier.

But it's been this way all year. If our top guys aren't scoring we don't usually win. They aren't scoring (and one is hurt) and thus we don't win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->