GDT: YOUR NEW JERSEY DEVILS @ Buffalo Sabres (Army of one edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Essentially, ya. And even if we do make the playoffs, the fact that we have to have that siege mentality for the last 10 games may hurt us. How do you raise your game in the playoffs when you've had to play flat out just to get there? Might run out of gas. Still, I'd rather make it than not make it.

Two ways to look at it. We may run out of gas or we have prepared for that kind of style and know what it takes to win games.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Any news on Kovalchuk?Is there any chance he makes it back into the lineup to help if the Devils get on a short win streak

No real reason to expect him back any sooner than roughly 2 weeks. He's rehabbing the injury, but still isn't skating. I wouldn't anticipate the team's performance to rush his recovery back by any more than day or two tops. April 20th vs. Florida is probably the realistic target. No reason to assume any earlier until/unless any news comes out that he's back on the ice and/or practicing.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
So no Larsson and JJ again. Sigh. I guess things are going so well they don't want to rock the boat. :facepalm:

Unreal

Well I guess if we ever see a guy on the side of the turnpike still trying to drive his car after all four tires blew, we'll know it's Pete

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
**** the Isles. I refuse to believe they make the playoffs.

That's what the Rangers and Penguins said about us way back when we went on our run in '88.

Besides, if the Isles don't make it, the Flyers will. Or the Southleast somehow gets two teams in the playoffs since both the Jets and Caps have favorable schedules.

I get more ambivalent about the Devils not making the playoffs every game we scratch Larsson or Fayne anyway. Everything about this team is just too ****ed up. I don't care about the draft pick, but at this point I need a break from this team.

yehyeh

Devils. Devils? Yeah, Devils.
Dec 17, 2011
NNJ
Hope we have a turning moment game where we crush the opposition. If not: :help:

LGD, please. The past few games have been such teases.

DevilChuk*

Just for kicks and giggles, this is the list of starting goalie's we'll likely be playing down the stretch:

Ryan Miller
Tuuka Rask
Craig Anderson
James "Hasek" Reimer
Ilya Bryzgalov (thank god)
Jakob Markstrom
Henrik Lundqvist
Carey Price
MA Fleury
Henrik Lundqvist

scoring's gonna be fun

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
I don't care who is injured, i don't care who can't score a goal to save his life, just ****ing win. No excuses.

Status Quo*

Just for kicks and giggles, this is the list of starting goalie's we'll likely be playing down the stretch:

Ryan Miller - 1 goal
Tuuka Rask - shutout
Craig Anderson - shutout
James "Hasek" Reimer - 1 goal
Ilya Bryzgalov (thank god) - 3 goals
Jakob Markstrom - 1 goal
Henrik Lundqvist - shutout
Carey Price - 1 goal
MA Fleury - 2 goals
Henrik Lundqvist - 1 goal

scoring's gonna be fun

I added how many goals I think we'll score over this stretch.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Ryan Miller
Tuuka Rask
Craig Anderson
James "Hasek" Reimer
Ilya Bryzgalov (thank god)
Jakob Markstrom
Henrik Lundqvist
Carey Price
MA Fleury
Henrik Lundqvist

scoring's gonna be fun

Those are some of the best in the league too besides POS Reimer who we can't beat anyway and maybe MAF. Even Bryz is good when he's on. Then Markstrom the blimp, I really doubt this team is gonna figure out how to score on that creature between now and then. Price, and Lundqvist will have real fun with this team just like they already have this season. Rask will too as he already has, and Miller just might also.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
I've cooled off since last night. I still think we can make the playoffs but every loss is making me less and less confident.

Looking at our schedule from here on out:

We should be able to take care of Philly and Florida. I think we split with the Rangers, we beat the Penguins who aren't the same team without Letang, Martin, and Crosby. I expect losses vs. Boston and Montreal. That gives us a record of 4-3. It puts us at 47 points with 3 games not counted for.

The Isles are playing at a pace to end with 51 points. Factoring the split with us, I have the Rangers at 52 points. The Jets at 48.

By my projections, we need to end the year with 52 points since we're not going to have any tiebreakers. That means we need 5 points of those remaining 3 games vs Buffalo, Ottawa, and Toronto.

Long story short, we need to go 6-3-1 at worst to make the playoffs. 7-3 would have me feeling better. 7-2-1 or 8-2 and we definitely get in.

We need a win tonight to get us going in the right direction.

I wish I could share your optimism but I dont know this whole week was a kick in the balls. The problem is we haven't shown the ability to beat ANYBODY recently. The flyers, panthers, penguins games might look winnable but this group just doesn't make me confident at all. We have 2 separate 6 games losing streaks in a 48 game season which is just awful. We can't score for beans and are best player isn't coming back soon. I'd be way more optimistic if Kovy was coming back this week or something but we have yet to win a game with him out so its tough to be positive.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Please lose. I don't see any wins until maybe Florida. But we need the pick as opposed to being swept in the first round.

NaChOs

Mar 9, 2004
we stink.
dont deserve to make the playoffs
if we do make the playoffs.....
1 and done vs bruins or pens
only hope is against the habs based on history.. and even then i dont like it.

we simply cant score goals with kovi in the lineup or not
we need another winger

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Please lose. I don't see any wins until maybe Florida. But we need the pick as opposed to being swept in the first round.

We Godzilla markstrom in net I don't even think we will win that unless its a shutout. Dineen might start clemmensen and we only beat him if he gives up a crap goal. I don't care that josefsom is out but it looks like it might take an injury to get Larsson back in. If Harold has another bad game Pete will just bring the kremlin kone out of hibernation instead of Larsson.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
For me, last night's game was key. I knew this team was in trouble weeks ago, because you could just see it, but there was still a lot of time left and we had Kovalchuk. Anyways, they couldn't beat anyone, even low quality teams. I mean you're talking nearly two months now. But the Boston game gave me some hope. They were at least cohesive in that game, and that was a big step, or so I believed. It was a 5 man operation, but yesterday was just a total regression. They lost both games, but the way they lost last night is not how you want to lose. You really couldn't say anything positive about their game last night aside from the penalty kill. They just can't find a way to play solid hockey for successive games and when you can't do that, you're toast, especially if you can't score.

I have no expectations for tonight. None. I hope they win, but I'm already at peace with a loss should it actually arrive. It's whatever at this point. I would be nice to have these last 10 games mean something though.

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
38 games, 15 wins. Just think about that one for a second and how embarrassing and brutal that is for a team that went to the Finas the year before.

I just don't get how this could happen with this group and the coaching staff.

I think DeBoer has lost the team and the players are simply not playing for him anymore. Or it's just that our players plain out suck.

RandoDoomer

Apr 6, 2007
Bridgewater, NJ
Looking at the roster for the Legends game. I'm thinking I'd rather have a few of these guys at 50 years old than some of our current crop. ;)

I'm stocked up on the cheapest beer I could find (the team is no longer deserving on good beer), so I'm all geared up for the ****show.

If they lose tonight, I'm going to spend my playoff money on club seats for the last two games and east myself stupid and laugh it all off. :yo:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If he's the answer I'd hate to know the question

I don't ever wanna see him on the NHL devils again. I have no confidence that Lou won't try to squeeze blood from that stone again next year And think the fourth time is the charm. Consider loktionov the consolation prize and move on. With the way pistol Pete is he might last only three games this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad