GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (5-7-4) vs. Ottawa Senators (6-10-1), 7 PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The PP set up has to change. It's awful.

It's not hard to defend when you eliminate 2 guys out of 5 and just alternate your passes between Hall-Vatanen/Butcher-Hughes.

Don't even get me started on the 2nd unit that I'm fairly positive has not scored a goal all ****ing year.

Getting Vat back would help. The PP had it’s one good stretch of the season before he got taken out

Reactions: vtdevils2k

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
This team should be scoring more than this.

Goaltending and keeping the puck out of the net was always going to be a question mark. The offense wasn’t supposed to be.

We scored more goals last year before Hall was injured and we were icing lineups from Binghamton by the end of the year.
I think we’ve been outshot by our opponents 12 out of 17 games. That is unacceptable.

And I don’t want to hear about fancy stats and high danger % bullshit.

Reactions: Bleedred

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Pittsburgh, @ Montreal, Boston, @ Pittsburgh. The end for Hynes is likely near. I would guess (hope) losses in the next two will do it.

You realize this has officially become the worst case scenario, right? At this point there's no salvaging the playoffs. Hall is basically gone (whether Shero is smart enough to trade him or not). And when a new coach comes in, this team will start winning. So we lost an entire season, likely lost our former MVP for little return, and will likely draft around 10-15 overall. This is what my army veteran buddies would call a total f***ing goat screw.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I figure your intent is to critique Hynes here, but Zacha's play, especially after being pushed down to the 4th line in the game before, is very frustrating.

He plays at 75%. I wouldn't be that upset if he was benched.
If Zacha is playing at 75%, what percentage do you assign to Hall's performance? :popcorn:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
If Zacha is playing at 75%, what percentage do you assign to Hall's performance? :popcorn:
Hall is clearly not playing at the level he brought in 17-18. To be fair I think that is a hard level to expect on a night to night basis. But he is still bringing a higher level of energy then Zacha.

And Hall is frustrating in large part because he is not burying chances. But he is generating chances. Way more then Zacha.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Every forward is under-producing except for Simmonds and Palmieri. Every. Single. One. Probably has something to do with Simmer looking like a competent NHL player when he gets a breakaway. You know what? I wouldn't even trade Simmonds at the deadline if he's willing to sign an extension. Give him 2 more years at $5 million. If he's able to produce with this group of jokers he should be a amazing when the team pulls its collective head out of its ass.
No, you shouldn't. Look at Cory and the stretch of games to end last season.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Hall is clearly not playing at the level he brought in 17-18. To be fair I think that is a hard level to expect on a night to night basis. But he is still bringing a higher level of energy then Zacha.

And Hall is frustrating in large part because he is not burying chances. But he is generating chances. Way more then Zacha.
This is definitely true. :nod:

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Watching the game last night, even so we had the lead you knew this was going to end badly for us, and for me its watching this team play with zero passion or urgency, they are going through the motions and its plain as day.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
And what makes this worse is we have young players in McLeod, Seney and Anderson (and even Bastian) down at the Bing and we have made ONE call up in a washed up defenseman, if we have players in the lineup not giving everything they got, get new blood in there, just to shake things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad