GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (4-7-4) @ Vancouver Canucks (9-5-3), 4 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Hynes' pronunciation of his own team bothers the f*** out of me. He says the first a in Zacha like most people say apple. The way he says Hischier is strange too.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Just cuz it worked out this time doesn't mean it wasn't a dumbass move.

The timing was weird, but the results were fine. If the results stop being fine, then it's a bad move. People get so f***ing obsessed with player's ice times around here. Guess what, every coach in the league tries different combinations during a game. Even when they're winning. Personally I thought the move balanced out the bottom two lines a little more. Zacha provided some skill to the fourth line, and given how often they struggle to get the puck out, I'm okay with that. I trust the 4th line with Zacha more than I do the 4th line with Wood. And I don't think the Nico line looked significantly worse with Wood than Zacha. In fact Wood looked better than he has in a long time. Do I want to see those lines as regular lines? Probably not. But I doubt they will be anyway.

Reactions: None Shall Pass

NJDevs86

Nov 4, 2018
Orlando, Florida
I saw that Presser and I keep replaying what that moron claimed.

Damn him to f-cking hell for his bullsh-t.

I can’t deal with this nonsense anymore. Zacha is always the whipping boy and Hynes’ press conference answer was directly throwing him under the bus. Apparently Pav was so bad in half a period that he killed his line and had to be put with Rooney and Simmonds to get him going and force him into the fight. What?!

Hynes has to go. Wood has done nothing to deserve playing with Nico and Bratt and that line did nothing all game. Wood is a grenade handler. If you look like you give 100% effort then you are a great player in Hynes’ eyes. He loves players like Rooney, Wood and Hayden. That’s why this team is so boring to watch.

Last edited:

NJDevs86

Nov 4, 2018
Orlando, Florida
They obviously think Zacha needs to be treated with a whip and chair rather than with coddling, right or wrong.

But what did he do to be called out? He has been one of the most consistent players we have this year and has played well. There are far more guys on this team who are a problem but Hynes always finds a way to make Pav the issue. Get ready for him to be out of the lineup here shortly.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
But what did he do to be called out? He has been one of the most consistent players we have this year and has played well. There are far more guys on this team who are a problem but Hynes always finds a way to make Pav the issue. Get ready for him to be out of the lineup here shortly.

I remember only one potentially disastrous turnover in our zone but other than that he worked his ass off again. Hynes is a dope if he thinks Zacha has in any way earned knocks against his work ethic this year. I feel like he got demoted soon after the turnover.

Reactions: My3Sons and Blender

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I remember only one potentially disastrous turnover in our zone but other than that he worked his ass off again. Hynes is a dope if he thinks Zacha has in any way earned knocks against his work ethic this year. I feel like he got demoted soon after the turnover.

He was put with the 4th line his first shift after killing a penalty, so I don't think that was it.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I don't get it with Zacha, he was playing well and had an assist, then he suddenly gets put on the 4th line and only plays 12 minutes. No wonder he has confidence problems, which he was said to have previously anyways, no matter what he does he's Hynes whipping boy.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Well whatever it is, PZ should be given more leeway this year as he's finally showing some consistent effort with more noticeable impact on most shifts.

I don't get it with Zacha, he was playing well and had an assist, then he suddenly gets put on the 4th line and only plays 12 minutes. No wonder he has confidence problems, which he was said to have previously anyways, no matter what he does he's Hynes whipping boy.

Yes, this. I don't want his confidence taking a hit as he's convincingly rounding the corner.

NJDevs86

Nov 4, 2018
Orlando, Florida
Hoping Pav can give Hynes a plane ticket for Christmas. Dude needs to GTFO!

So tired of hearing that Pav needs to be drawn into the fight. Just say you don’t like how he plays and you want a lineup of plugs that eat up your self starter, no passengers, brotherhood, compete, hard plays, battle garbage. How about get a system and coach X’s and O’s.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Just watched on tape. Ridiculous that Hall got called for embellishment and it seemed like his goal could has easily counted. Refs seemed displeased with the Devils at some point late in the first.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
Just watched on tape. Ridiculous that Hall got called for embellishment and it seemed like his goal could has easily counted. Refs seemed displeased with the Devils at some point late in the first.
He did try to sell it, but it was still a hit from behind.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I can’t deal with this nonsense anymore. Zacha is always the whipping boy and Hynes’ press conference answer was directly throwing him under the bus. Apparently Pav was so bad in half a period that he killed his line and had to be put with Rooney and Simmonds to get him going and force him into the fight. What?!

Hynes has to go. Wood has done nothing to deserve playing with Nico and Bratt and that line did nothing all game. Wood is a grenade handler. If you look like you give 100% effort then you are a great player in Hynes’ eyes. He loves players like Rooney, Wood and Hayden. That’s why this team is so boring to watch.
Wood did set Bratt up on the far side with which Bratt missed the net. He's been very good of late, and he was again very good today.

I also agree with Hynes that Zacha's effort level has not been where it needs to be. He'd be a dominant player if he played a harder game. Hynes is trying to get that out of Zacha.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
The Wood-Hischier-Bratt line finished with 37.5CF% Lol. But dumb f*** Hynes thinks they were better than the Zacha line. I’m so tired of this f***ing idiot.

Zacha-Hischier-Bratt just broke even

Reactions: Blender and glenwo2

NJDevs86

Nov 4, 2018
Orlando, Florida
Wood did set Bratt up on the far side with which Bratt missed the net. He's been very good of late, and he was again very good today.

I also agree with Hynes that Zacha's effort level has not been where it needs to be. He'd be a dominant player if he played a harder game. Hynes is trying to get that out of Zacha.

Nico had 0 shots on goal. Bratt had 1 which was the goal. Wood did nothing to help that line create.

Interesting way to get Pav producing and be a dominant player, playing him with Rooney who has zero ability to score or create offense. Real confidence booster.

Hynes just has to make changes. He thinks he actually knows what he is doing. Zacha-Hischier-Bratt has been really good together in the time they played together. Leave them together and let them play. Apparently Pav can’t have a bad period but others guys can contribute nothing and keep getting rolled out there.

Reactions: My3Sons

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

Even Zacha may be tuning him out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad