GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (4-7-4) @ Vancouver Canucks (9-5-3), 4 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Everyone complains about the defense when the goalie winds up getting bombed, but we've been awful this period.

The fact that the goalie stopped everything and isn't getting scored on left and right is making it look like we're ''Playing good defense''.

or maybe MBW is better than he gets credit for

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
At this point you have to ride Blackwood as much as you can. He gives us our best chance to win.
giphy.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
looks like we will be soley relying on Mackenzie Blackwood from here on out...great game by him.
It's the only good decision Hynes is capable of making at this point.

He's already stolen us multiple points (in a season where our goaltending has continued to flush points) and games where we've only scored 1-2 goals three different times.

Devils Army

Rebuild Over.
Feb 3, 2014
New Jersey
Lol some fans on Nucks board saying refs weren't giving them calls and then that they didn't notice Jack Hughes at all. They want everything they're way...

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
or maybe MBW is better than he gets credit for
That's my point!

All we did was stay trapped in our end that entire period and we didn't get scored on once. Gee, I wonder why that was? It sure wasn't because our defense was good.

Reactions: My3Sons and mtnet

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Everyone complains about the defense when the goalie winds up getting bombed, but we've been awful this period.

The fact that the goalie stopped everything and isn't getting scored on left and right is making it look like we're ''Playing good defense''.

They were up 37-35 5-on-5 corsi through two periods. Finished 55-45 against.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
At this point you have to ride Blackwood as much as you can. He gives us our best chance to win.
I'm just worried that he'll burn out eventually like Kinkaid did last year, due to having no competent option behind him.

Hopefully not, because Blackwood is likely better than Kinkaid.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
I'm just worried that he'll burn out eventually like Kinkaid did last year, due to having no competent option behind him.

Hopefully not, because Blackwood is likely better than Kinkaid.
Regardless, putting Cory in there is almost an automatic loss at this point. If you have any hope to turn this season around, he can't be given too many starts.

And who knows, maybe the extra gametime gives Mac more confidence as the season goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad