GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (23-17-3, 49 Pts) vs. Dallas Stars (26-13-5, 57 Pts), 7 PM, MSGSN - Honoring Sarge

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I have given up on analyzing Ruff and his system lol. I think we are at the point where a new voice is needed. Even if it’s just Green as interim. Ruff has been here for a while now. NHL coaches have short shelf lives
Sometimes it is as simple as a team needing a new voice.

But I'm not sure a team that is this banged up, and is getting this level of goaltending (that level may be debateable, but it certainly isn't good) is going to be able to just flip the switch via a coaching change.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
But Foote has not been an issue though. +3 5v5,

We all know he is only playing because 3 guys higher up the ladder are hurt. Just don't see why he would at all be a focus of discussion.

No matter how good Nemec is, him getting torched on these goals lately has been an issue. Hughes too with his issues.

It does make you think doesn't it?

I agree no point on focusing on Foote. He actually looks fine to the eye test, surprisingly not so bad.

I'm more concerned about our vet d ( Marino) and star rookies getting clowned for 2 of 3 games recently.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Marino was an actual first pairing guy last year…second pairing hopefully would be fine going forward though

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
One issue with getting Hamilton healthy next year, and rolling Dougie Nemec Marino down the right side is, it squeezes out the guy who has the best on ice results this year.

Miller is a +9 5v5, (though his shot/chance %'s are not nearly as good).

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
One issue with getting Hamilton healthy next year, and rolling Dougie Nemec Marino down the right side is, it squeezes out the guy who has the best on ice results this year.

Miller is a +9 5v5, (though his shot/chance %'s are not nearly as good).
I do like Miller a lot

Shame we are so banged up. We do have a lot of options on this team

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Meier is to the fwd's what Marino has been to the D-men.

A -14 5v5. Team without Meier is a +12.

His other on ice #'s are not as terrible, but really only Wedman, and his 10 games, are worse.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Meier is to the fwd's what Marino has been to the D-men.

A -14 5v5. Team without Meier is a +12.

His other on ice #'s are not as terrible, but really only Wedman, and his 10 games, are worse.
Any way for you see his numbers before his first injury?

HoliksGhost

Oct 24, 2007
Marino has got to playing with nagging injury or something…. Can’t just be his line mates and stuff… he looked like the steal of the year last season 😳

Reactions: RNCDevil

HoliksGhost

Oct 24, 2007
Did we miss the boat with Roy ? Larry Robinson and Claude L, really saying some good stuff about Roy/Islanders

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Any way for you see his numbers before his first injury?
There was a gap of games between Nov 14 and Dec 1.

Prior to that gap he was a -6.

He then played Dec-1 to Dec 30. He was a -4 during this stretch.

3 games since he's come back from the most recent injury. -4.

These are all 5v5.

Reactions: NjDevsRR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad