GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (23-17-3, 49 Pts) vs. Dallas Stars (26-13-5, 57 Pts), 7 PM, MSGSN - Honoring Sarge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

Holtz and Lindy back in the locker room after potting another goal

s6R7LqX.gif

Fans reviewing Holtz's ice time as of late

3964cd11-dac0-4aa9-bc2f-18b8635d1e85_text.gif

The cynics when we find a way back into the win column

Your New Jersey Devils Projected Lineup:

#73 Tyler Toffoli - #13 Nico Hischier - #63 Jesper Bratt
#28 Timo Meier - #20 Michael McLeod - #91 Dawson Mercer
#56 Erik Haula - #42 Curtis Lazar - #14 Nathan Bastian
#46 Max Willman - #11 Chris Tierney - #10 Alexander Holtz

#6 John Marino - #17 Simon Nemec
#43 Luke Hughes - #24 Colin Miller
#88 Kevin Bahl - #52 Cal Foote

#50 Nico Daws
#41 Vitek Vanecek

5dfddc42bbd89d0fa05810751cf4a31f.gif

Dallas Stars Projected Lineup:

#21 Jason Robertson - #24 Roope Hintz - #53 Wyatt Johnston
#27 Mason Marchment - #95 Matt Duchene - #91 Tyler Seguin
#14 Jamie Benn - #18 Sam Steel - #16 Joe Pavelski
#15 Craig Smith - #12 Radek Faksa - #63 Evgenii Dadonov

#23 Esa Lindell - #2 Jani Hakanpaa
#20 Ryan Suter - #5 Nils Lundkvist
#55 Thomas Harley - #44 Joel Hanley

#29 Jake Oettinger
#41 Scott Wedgewood

tumblr_neh3kuBQVY1t5jijao1_500.gifv

LFGD

d87t0xm-c4b821c3-42ff-4e21-b5e5-baf9b5cf5217.gif

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
I'm sure there are quite a few younger Devils fans attending tonight who aren't much aware of Sergi Brylin than say our other honored greats. Hence you honor and recognize Sarge a true Devils soldier through and through! I like a ring of honor over retiring a shit ton of numbers. Sergi should be the 1st player to receive this. We'll done by the organization. Dallas has a much better lineup on the ice tonight and has to still be embarrassed after how the Flyers flatout bitch slapped them. Big challenge for sure love to see an inspired home ice effort and grab a hughe two points. LFGD!

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Really curious to see what they are actually doing in terms of this ring of honor. I can't imagine it's gonna be the same size thing as McMullen. There's a small ring that goes around part of the arena but it would be kinda hard to read and would look a bit silly.

Also I'm sure they made nowhere enough merch for this and the vast majority will end up on ebay since it will all be gone 10 mins after doors open.

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm sure there are quite a few younger Devils fans attending tonight who aren't much aware of Sergi Brylin than say our other honored greats. Hence you honor and recognize Sarge a true Devils soldier through and through! I like a ring of honor over retiring a shit ton of numbers. Sergi should be the 1st player to receive this. We'll done by the organization. Dallas has a much better lineup on the ice tonight and has to still be embarrassed after how the Flyers flatout bitch slapped them. Big challenge for sure love to see an inspired home ice effort and grab a hughe two points. LFGD!
Yeah it's not quite retire Jerry Koosman's number 45 years after he played for the Mets bad timing, but it is too bad that a whole generation's passed by since Brylin was a player and despite being on the staff it's not like he's an ubiquitous personality where he's still in the public eye a la a Salvador-type.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

Shared this in the regular team thread the other day, but it might have gotten lost in the Holtz/Lindy void. I think this is cool that they have a page for the Ring of Honor, and even delved into what's going to happen in the future and how they're elected. Pretty cool all around:

Built to celebrate contributions to the legacy and tradition of the franchise, the Ring of Honor presented by Citizens highlights individuals who have impacted the organization on and off the ice.

Started in 2017 with the induction of the team’s founder, Dr. John J. McMullen, the Ring of Honor has been reignited this year with honoring of Sergei Brylin. Each season for the next five, the Devils will induct another honoree as they continue to celebrate the team’s rich history, spanning more than 40 years.

These selections will be made by a “Ring of Honor Committee”, formed by the organization, which will meet to discuss and help decide future honorees. The committee includes all five players who have their number retired by the organization (Stevens, Daneyko, Niedermayer, Brodeur, Elias), the two Ring of Honor inductees (Peter McMullen, on behalf of The McMullen Family and Brylin) and select media/team executives each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad