Your Leaf Hater Friends - Do They Accept this is a Very Good Team ?

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
..."Who cares?" is what I have to say.

Enjoy your team and stop worrying so much what other people think.

Completely agree. We are so preoccupied with this, its ridiculous. And people living in glass houses should be careful about throwing rocks as well.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Be interesting to hear how many Leaf fans gave the Habs, Bruins, or Sens their due, or were they just shouting about the Leafs all day every day like my Leaf-fan friends were even when they were losing like it was their job. Don't be hypocrites.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Be interesting to hear how many Leaf fans gave the Habs, Bruins, or Sens their due, or were they just shouting about the Leafs all day every day like my Leaf-fan friends were even when they were losing like it was their job. Don't be hypocrites.

wtf is this nonsense? I'm sure all your "Leaf-fan friends" were shouting about them all day. FOH.

Anyway...why tf do we care what other fan bases think of us? Some of them will have snide remarks for us, like this guy ^^, no matter what, so shrug them off.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
they have begrudgingly admitted that we are good and that we're looking for at least the next 10 years.

they say 'i hate to say it but the leafs are good' but at least they are admitting it.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
wtf is this nonsense?

Anyway...why tf do we care what other fan bases think of us?

A lot of us seem to care a lot as evidenced by the numerous posts on the subject. I think what the poster you responded to was saying is we do many of the same things that we accuse others of, sometimes (often even perhaps) as the initiators. That is certainly true.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
I live it’s about evenly divided beteween Leafs, Sens and Habs supporters.
I don’t really care other than typical banter between friends.
One thing that unites the Habs and Sens is they both really dislike the Leafs and in particular the perceived media bias toward them. It’s been decades for me and I don’t even bother arguing it and just let it go.
Habs fans have bigger fish to fry right now and admit the Leafs are fun to watch but like most point to bad defence as the weakness.
Sens fans are a whole different ball of wax they hate everything about the Leafs and that makes the rejuvenation of Toronto all the more fun. My sense with a lot of my contacts is that they can see the Leafs rising and hate the thought. Constant talk of silly Leaf fans planning the parade, and Toronto Sports Network continues and it’s great.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Almost all rival fan friends of mine acknowledge that the Leafs are an exciting team to watch. Good hockey, means they will watch when they can.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017

I always show respect to organizations, especially original 6 ones. Sure we have all had our moments, but in the end respect should prevail before opinions. I get it though, that's not how public forums operate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad