Your Leaf Hater Friends - Do They Accept this is a Very Good Team ?

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Quiet? You must be joking. If (and when) the Leafs win the cup HF will be full of conspiracy theorists claiming the NHL gave the Leafs the cup or that the Leafs lucked out but are really a flawed team that should not have even made the playoffs or some other rubbish like that. I am looking forward to it when it does happen.
Lets be honest here, HF boards would crash for a few weeks for a Leafs cup.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
The one thing I don't get is, I keep picking my most hated teams to have great success. I am not blinded by hate. I can see teams as they are. People who hate the Leafs are so blinded by hate most can't compliment the team.
Anyways, Hab fans are entering out reality circa 2010. It's going to be ugly for a long time.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I don't know old some fans are, but here are some stats Habs/Leafs since 1994. Canadians won the Cup in 1993, wow , has it been 24 years since then. Since then:
Habs have won nine playoff rounds and missed the playoffs seven times. Leafs have won nine playoff rounds and missed the playoffs twelve times. So it's not like the Habs have been any type of juggernaut for a quarter century. Or even a considerable amount better than Leafs in the last 24 years. The Leafs and I call it " The Dark Ages" really collapsed when the rich owners somehow let three total incompetents in charge of their team. The Dark Ages.....The reign of incompetence of Ferguson, Burke and Nonis. Fortunately those lost years are behind, the future looks bright.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
One guy I know still thinks they have no future and won't do well. Most non Leafs fans on this site have positive things to say about the Leafs.

Mar 26, 2010
Nope, this Leafs team is absolutely killing the haters. It is making Oiler and Jets fans sick and has Canucks fans ready to cry.

I love it.

BreakingGood

Jun 29, 2014
One friend told me "I hope Radko Gudas Bertuzzis Auston Matthews" - so, I mean, yeah, it sounds like it.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Wait for when your friend who has been a professed Penguins or Blackhawks fan suddenly switches to being a diehard Leafs' fan. They're coming.
Not a problem. Like I tell everyone where I am, there is always room for 1 more Leaf fan. It's never too late to see the light.

Donkey Puck

Feb 15, 2013
Recently I had a conversation with a buddy of mine who is a die hard Habs fan. He's also never liked the Leafs but is a knowledgeable hockey fan.

Inevitably, the conversation turned to the Leafs and he gave me a laundry list of reasons of why the Leafs could not be considered a true contender this year. This surprised me somewhat because so far in this young season the team is demonstrating it can be an offensive powerhouse. Didn't seem to be a very objective opinion.

My takeaway from this is that because the Leafs are a very polarizing team from a fan point of view and that because the team has been so mediocre for so long that some the Non Leaf fans will never believe that Toronto will be a contender. I wondered that if this was some other team like Florida or something if I would've gotten the same opinion from him. Plain and simply, I think he came to this opinion because like a lot of non Leaf fans he just hates the team and has enjoyed their mediocrity for so many years.

Anybody else getting these kind of opinions from their Leaf Hater friends ? Do they Accept that this team is now a true contender ? Or are they in Denial ?

Why do you want validation from haters?

Just know that the next 10 years of Leafs domination is going to eat them from the inside.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
One friend told me "I hope Radko Gudas Bertuzzis Auston Matthews" - so, I mean, yeah, it sounds like it.
That's the kind of quote that would make me seriously reconsider whether I want to know that person. Not a Leafs thing, but you're quite clearly not a very great person if you wish someone would get injured for life because he plays for the wrong team.

Last edited:
Reactions: al secord

BreakingGood

Jun 29, 2014
That's the kind of quote that would make me seriously reconsider whether I want to know that person. Not a Leafs thing, but you're quite clearly not a very great person if you wish someone would get injured for life because he plays for the wrong team.

Well I assumed it was largely a joke/hyperbole, because my first assumption of people is that they're not insane.

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
Quiet? You must be joking. If (and when) the Leafs win the cup HF will be full of conspiracy theorists claiming the NHL gave the Leafs the cup or that the Leafs lucked out but are really a flawed team that should not have even made the playoffs or some other rubbish like that. I am looking forward to it when it does happen.

Or cheated with Robidas island.... or forcing Matthews, Marner, Nylander to take great contracts (non refusable offers) by sending a horse head to them...

Last edited:

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
you're asking the wrong question, there are still plenty of LeaFlanders who don't accept that this team is playing quite well and are becoming more and more positionally sound...there is still a ways to go, peeps should chill lay back and enjoy the ride, cause it's gonna be fun:towel:

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
I tend not too worried what any of my negative-Nancy leaf hating buddies say about my leafs. But nonetheless they are accepting and admitting they are a good team ever since the youth movement was implemented .

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
My father in law is a die hard habs fan and he is finally starting to see that this leafs team is legit and montreal needs to rebuild. Feels good. :nod:

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
We might bring the LOL on ourselves !

lol.kadri.jpg

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Buds who are :

• Habs fans; have absolutely shut their yap; some say how good the Leafs look
  • Sens fans; talk about how they are a great team; one goal from ECF; do more with less; don't need first round picks; last 10 yrs no playoffs; beat by the caps; no cups since 1967 etc....
  • Canucks fans; hardly talk hockey with me anymore :laugh:
  • Oiler fans: McDavid, McDavid, McDavid,

Hoping to meet the sens in playoffs and f***ing sweep the hell out of them; 4-0; all the games shutout wins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad