Phaneuf - Rielly
Gardiner - XXXX

Reimer

3 holes to fill for the future

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Lol. Kessel has developed into an elite playmaker, ppg player and NOW he's not a key player, because he only has a year and a half left on his contract and hasn't signed an extension in a timeframe when it is not possible to do so.

Moronic does not even begin to describe that sentiment. These are the people that should make their way over to the Islanders board, your kindred spirit is there.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Kadri
Franson
Lupul
Van Reimsdyk
Kessel

HM: Frattin, Reimer, Gardner

I don't think prospects like Reilly belong on this thread because they haven't really proved anything at the pro level to be named as a key for the future yet.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Kadri
Rielly
Gardiner
JVR
Lupul

Use Kessel as a trade chip to restock the organization. I love him as a player but with the depth on the wings, he's definitely someone that would bring in a great return.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Lupul - xxx - Kessel
Van Riemsdyk - Kadri - xxx
xxx - Bozak - Frattin
Komarov - McClement - Kulemin

Phaneuf - xxx
Gardiner - Franson
Rielly - xxx

Reimer
xxx

More than five, but this is who I'd like the team to keep going forward.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Kadri
Rielly
Gardiner
JVR
Lupul

Use Kessel as a trade chip to restock the organization. I love him as a player but with the depth on the wings, he's definitely someone that would bring in a great return.
Why stop there? Kadri has shown value, so lets trade him. Lupul, JVR, Gardiner, we could seriously restock th cupboards by moving them all! Then when those players develop, we can do it all again!

Again, I point you in this direction:
Islanders.nhl.com

They do this sort of thing all the time!!

Aki Berg

Jul 3, 2005
Aki-ville
Then tinkering, maybe a Moginly type move was already done for JVR well see yet... but the most important thing we ever did back then was sign Cujo, so if our goalies cant get it done that becomes number one concern, i mean we still made the playoffs with Jryki Lumme and Aki Berg patrolling the d we need a CUJO, still have hopes for our boys

Leafs made the playoffs BECAUSE aki was patrolling the D.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Why stop there? Kadri has shown value, so lets trade him. Lupul, JVR, Gardiner, we could seriously restock th cupboards by moving them all! Then when those players develop, we can do it all again!

Islanders.nhl.com

Are you sure you didn't start off in the Islander board and get kicked out because you harassed people too much :laugh:?

There's hardly that many lists where he hasn't cracked the top 5 anyways. No need to flip out over nothing.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Islanders.nhl.com

Trading from a position of strength to address weakness is not the end of the world.

Relax.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

Islanders.nhl.com

I was thinking the same thing:laugh: Hey we have a young star! lets trade him now while hes a star to re-stock on guy who can be just as good in 5-10 years!

Kibago

Aug 15, 2010
Kessel, Kadri, JVR, Gardiner, Phaneuf.
I really want to include Lupul but, fair or not, he does have an injury history. i would sell high for the right package.
Gardiner was a Gardiner/Reilly choice and I'll take the guarantee over the upside. would want a ton in return for Reilly though (such as packaging him for the #1 pick this year - I wouldn't take the 4th pick straight up)
Phaneuf, though overpaid, is also underrated - big minutes against tough players, captain-worthy leadership. i really think the team needs him - he makes the minutes of every other D easier by playing so much.

highoffglass

Cheers!
Jan 20, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Lupul
Phaneuf
Kessel

I think these three are all pretty self explanatory... Though with Dion's and Kessel's contracts coming up who knows, but they are our three best

Rielly (Best Prospect)
Kadri (2nd best prospect)

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

My five would be, in this order

1) Phaneuf
2) Kessel
3) Kadri
4) Lupul
5) Rielly

Gardiner and JVR would be the other two that would come to mind; but, for the next little while (2-5 years), these 5 need to be our best players (I'd give Rielly about 4-5 years though, just in case he needs it). I'm also putting Phaneuf ahead of Kessel because I think that a number 1 defenseman (Shut it, please don't argue semantics) is more important than an elite winger,

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton

Kessel
Kadri
JVR
Phaneuf
Gardiner
Rielly
Lupul
Reimer

JVR - XXXX - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - XXXX

Phaneuf - Rielly
Gardiner - XXXX

Reimer

3 holes to fill for the future

pretty much agree with this, I think the second line RW can be filled internally but the number 1 centre position needs to be addressed via trade. Kadri can be a 1B but we need another 1B like Stastny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad