Your Five Key Players Going Forward

mikebel111*

ron wilson for sure

oh wait we fired him, can we do anything right? man I hate this team:sarcasm:

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Are you sure you didn't start off in the Islander board and get kicked out because you harassed people too much :laugh:?

There's hardly that many lists where he hasn't cracked the top 5 anyways. No need to flip out over nothing.

:laugh:
No, I love a good rebuild too, but even I know at some point you gotta keep the guys you have developed, and make no mistake about it, the Leafs have played a huge role in his development.

I guess I just don't see how a fan base can want to trade away a guy who is among the best in the league?

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
My five:

KESSEL: the only correct name at number one for anyone who knows anything about hockey. PpG, guaranteed 30+ goals, makes every linemate look like a star, just insanely talented. Oh, and still very much young.

Kadri: The 1c we've all been crying over for years, although by next season a certain portion will be demanding a trade when he outscores another teams 1c 2-1 on average, but just doesn't play the game big enough for them.

Lupul: arguably the heart and soul of this team, probably should be captain. Now if only we could keep him healthy.

Franson: I think we are finally seeing the emergence of the Dman we thought we were getting in the trade.

Kulemin: he may not score as much as he once (and I mean that literally) did, but he is a solid board presence, and will play a key role on this team for years.

HM: Phaneuf

Top 3 to go:

Grabbo: Heart and soul player. But with Bozak going nowhere, Kadri emerging, and McClement being solid, nowhere for him to play.

Reimer/ Scrivens: either one could be a starting goalie in the NHL with a solid vet playing behind them. As a tandem, nobody there to fix the inevitable shattered ego that is bound to follow playing in this market. One of them needs to go, and a vet brought in.

Liles: great guy, solid d, but with the emergence of Franson and possibly Gardiner, we have better, younger options.

Did not include:
Jake Gardiner: on the fence about him. Could be for real, but not ready to include him yet.

JVR: I wonder how much is Kessel....

Rielly: hasn't played a game yet, still nearly untouchable though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad