Your favourite Senators acquisition

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya
Was it all aboard the Emery train or something?

I'm also not fully up to date with the goings on I think management got pissed off when Hasek's injury lingered on longer than it should have and there was some accusations that he quit on the team (and they didn't want him to go to the olympics in the first place). He then signed with the Wings for a sub 1 million dollar contract and dominated (as Hasek tended to do).

Meanwhile, they went and signed Gerber as the de facto starter (ah Muckler....), who was horrible and Emery played solidly enough to win the starting job.

EDIT: Here's an article from the time: http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2459483

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
I would have voted for the Alexandre Daigle trade for Pat Falloon and Vaclav Prospal. Historic awesome deal for the sens.

Courty

Apr 13, 2007
Ahaha I forgot about Darth Gerbs.

For good reason, though.

lol same here. Wow Martin Gerber, that is one player I have not given a single thought about since he left Ottawa... well until reading this thread now.

Talk about the opposite of favorite acquisitions, when we signed him I was not thrilled about it at all. I really wanted another go with Hasek and Emery as a solid backup...man we probably would have won the cup that year too, or at least had a closer round 4.

LynxBud

Nov 27, 2013
Gloucester
Hard to vote on anything but that Chara/Spezza deal.

I came in thinking this was a poll for this season, in which case I'd think MacArthur was the best pickup, as much as I like Ryan.
Unless this is for trades only, in which case Ryan.

Gothenburg 40*

It's a 3 way tie between acquiring Turris for Rundblad, Lehner for LeClaire & Wiercioch for Havlat. For the purposes of this thread, I'm voting for Wiercioch.

SENSational Sens Fan

Mar 21, 2010
Calgary
For me, it would probably be Chara and the 2nd overall pick that was used to draft Spezza had I not just started following hockey when the deal was made and became a Sens fan with limited knowledge of the game and more specifically, the NHL. So it will have to be Heatley for me but we all remember well how that ended. :facepalm:

Given the initial reaction to the Turris trade, I'm very surprised he has as many votes as he does, unless people are voting based on how they like him now and the fact that he is still a Sen.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
Not sure if I was more excited to be rid of Yashin or to be assured of either Spezza or Kovy........Also **** my pants when we got Heater I remember watching the allstar game the year before we got Heater and he went BEAST and scored 4 or 5 goals lol I said to my buddys Id kill to see him in ottawa....half a year later low and behold there he was. Iwas also estatic about Bondra....but...And who didnt think it was cool to have Hasek HES THE ****IN DOMINATOR MAN!!!!

Oh and wanna add my point when I was most pissed at management.....THEY SIGNED REDDEN OVER CHARA........DUM.....I was pissed...

Last edited by a moderator:

SebFromHawk

un faucon
Jun 15, 2009
Eastern Ontario
fwF1Hwe.gif

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006
I voted Heatley. For the Chara + Spezza trade I didn't really worry much about it because at the time Spezza was a few years away, Chara was a big goon and I had no clue who Bill Muckalt was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad