GDT: YOUR CAROLINA HURRICANES play, uh, the NCAA's Arizona State Sun Devils?

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Police report for what lol. Concession stand fights in the corner under 302? Or from pint night when they were stupid enough to find out glasses before the game?
Oh, it's just an old meme from here. Somebody was talking about one of those fights and a Buffalo fan came on here denying fights ever happened and was demanding to see the police report to prove that it happened. Was a standing joke for a while.

I think the pint glass night was the origin of that particular fight, but that's in the ancient mists of time now.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Conversation with the wife pregame:

“So I told you the news that the Canes traded for a forward”

“…Pulicic?”

“That would be news. No, Puljujarvi.”

“Oh, right. Pujo.”

“That’s not his nickname.”

“Too bad, I’m calling him Pujo until they trade him.”
The Finnish word for Artemisia vulgaris, the common mugwort.

492px-ArtemisiaVulgaris.jpg

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
Ugh…. Flashbacks from the glass night…. Big facepalm for whomever authorized that giveaway given the teams playing in the game that night…. Saw sooo many examples of stupidity that night…

good win for us tonight…. Wasn’t totally fair given their depleted roster… wish we could have a schedule that had a bunch of the sellers in it just to make things in our favor… going To be an interesting month given our schedule…. Hopefully it goes just as well when JP starts playing for us as well….

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
For how "bad" our PP has been, I think people will be surprised to know that since Black Friday, when this team stared playing really well, the Canes have the 5th best PP in the NHL at 24.8% (was 8th best before last night) and the 2nd best GF/GP at 3.73(has been hovering at 2nd/3rd best for a while). This is over 40 games so they are playing at this rate for basically 1/2 a season.

They also have the 2nd best GA/GP, the 3rd best PK at 84.9% and the best net PK% in the NHL.

If Ghost can help make the PP even better, that would be decent, I think.

Key will be can this translate in the playoffs.

EDIT: and they've played at a 131 point pace over those 40 games.

Last edited:

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Ugh…. Flashbacks from the glass night…. Big facepalm for whomever authorized that giveaway given the teams playing in the game that night…. Saw sooo many examples of stupidity that night…

good win for us tonight…. Wasn’t totally fair given their depleted roster… wish we could have a schedule that had a bunch of the sellers in it just to make things in our favor… going To be an interesting month given our schedule…. Hopefully it goes just as well when JP starts playing for us as well….
Couldn't have been as bad as 10 cent beer night.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad