Post-Game Talk: **** your 3rd period collapses. Jets win 5-4 in OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
If Buff did that to an all star player ... that would be the opening story on every sports show saying he deserves a suspension and a fine.

Im not commenting whether buff would be called on that or not. Was it a pen? Yes. Was it dirty? Meh not really imo,just held onto his arm to pull him down as he was falling. No big deal IMO. But deserved a 2 min pen for holding, nothing more.

Derfel*

Sorry you're gunna have to spell it out.

At least give me an appendage to work with here. I see MAYBE 2 min for holding, and an unfortunate accident.

Not dirty, just should have been a penalty for interference as he tugged on Buff as he went down. I don't see intent to injure.

Derfel*

Found out what Johansen got the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for... let's just say it wasn't nearly bad enough to warrant a penalty I wouldn't think!

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
He pulled his arm as he was going by and spun him into the boards.. Buff got injured going into the boards.
If you hit someone from behind it no big deal but if you hit someone from behind into the boards it's a big deal.
I am a bit of a homer but that's because it always seems we are getting shafted by the refs.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Hellebuyck is being coached into oblivion by Flaherty. I can't even be excited for the win after his garbage third. Call me a party pooper.

I'm pretty sure it was just a bad game from him. Mental mistakes on a couple of those goals, especially number 3. Coaching won't prevent brain farts, unfortunately.

The first wasn't great but it was their best first period in a while. The second was good, beginning of the third was good.

I don't think the Buff situation was dirty. Bass grabbed his arm and fell over, but I don't think there was an intent to injure. The worst one was Gaustad on Ladd at the end of the 2nd.

Derfel*

Those 3 Stars though...

BEnxEPp.png

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
I liked the play of the 4th line. Copp seems to win the majority of his draws. Not sure if it's because he is playing against weaker players but for a rookie that has impressed me. Armia was VERY dangerous all game. Really like what we are seeing out of him lately.

No much to say about the officiating. After the first I turned to my sister and said the refs have already lost control of the game.

enarwpg

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Third period collapse..... actually the collapse has been slightly going on the entire season so far..... Last year at this time they had 22 wins in 44 games or a 50% win record versus a 45.% win record to date.

screenshot_249.jpg

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Turning point?

Time Will Tell!

Buff Popped his shoulder gonna miss a few games maybe!

Helle, Thank You God!!!

Ladd getting Better! yes its true!

Wheeler needs to be promoted to Captain with Ladd, Why Not?

Ehlers just you wait cause the kid has almost figured it all out, weeeheeee!

Jets are not the Sabers they can't tank on purpose, its not in there DNA they have values that they keep!!!!

We live and die with our Jets, don't we?

Lastly I don't hate anybody for that would be wrong but I'am able to critique here so please remember that.

Go Jets Go!!!!!!!!

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
2 points = good.

Sucks to give the Preds a point. But they might not even be the team we're chasing by the end of the year. Might not matter.

Jets paid a steep price for that win.
Get your skates sharpened, Posty.

You are a very smart man, do you remember when Buff was out before? how many games did we win?

:nod::nod::nod::handclap::nod::nod::nod::handclap::nod::nod::nod::handclap:

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Third period collapse..... actually the collapse has been slightly going on the entire season so far..... Last year at this time they had 22 wins in 44 games or a 50% win record versus a 45.% win record to date

screenshot_249.jpg

That stat is a bit misleading because if the teams in front of the Jets go on a losing streak the Jets don't have to win 67% of their games. Also it does not show home and away stats ... the Preds have to play a lot more divisional games and road games compared to the Jets.

thereturn

Jul 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Not too happy with Nashville getting a point there. Not because of the standings, but because the Preds had gone into full on self-destruct mode as of late in the 2nd, playing like a bunch of dirty clowns. Both the Jets & refs let them off the hook.

Those tickets to the game on the 21st suddenly look a lot more interesting. Maybe I'll keep them afterall! :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Really fun game to be at, the phone booth was rocking for most of the night. Unfortunate 3rd period but the Buff injury really took the sails out of the team and the refs ****ed up any flow they had, it was ridiculous.

Too bad about Buff, he was in beast mode tonight and it was a thing to behold. Whoever doubts his huge importance to this team is just flat out crazy.

Much more jump from almost everyone tonight, I thought they raised their game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad