Your 2023 season hot takes!

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Canes win the cup. The team looks legit and they are making upgrades both at D and forwards. I expect them to make one more splash before the season starts. Best D-core in the league for sure. I expect them to try get a scoring winger like Tarasenko as their PP wasnt any special last year. 5on5 they were very good though

Svechnikov - Aho - Jarvis
Bunting - Kotkaniemi - Necas
Teräväinen - Staal -Fast
Martinook - Drury - Noesen

Orlov - Burns
Slavin - TDA
Skjei - Pesce
Chatfield

Andersen
Raanta
Kochetkov

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Engvall scores atleast 20 this year (playing with Brock Nelson annd Kyle Palmieri) and people still say he’s overpaid.

islandersbob

Jan 1, 2006
saved me
Global Warming doing it's part to get Quebec City a team, but sadly Gary Bettman's eyes only light up for the triple digits (°F) in Houston and Atlanta, as the NHL becomes the first to 34.

Reactions: Sensators

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Canes win the cup. The team looks legit and they are making upgrades both at D and forwards. I expect them to make one more splash before the season starts. Best D-core in the league for sure. I expect them to try get a scoring winger like Tarasenko as their PP wasnt any special last year. 5on5 they were very good though

Svechnikov - Aho - Jarvis
Bunting - Kotkaniemi - Necas
Teräväinen - Staal -Fast
Martinook - Drury - Noesen

Orlov - Burns
Slavin - TDA
Skjei - Pesce
Chatfield

Andersen
Raanta
Kochetkov
Lol bunting isnt the addition to forward that is suddenly gonna help that team over the hump

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
My hot [but actually not hot] take:

Will Smith is going to put up insane numbers at Boston College and a bunch of pundits will have him jump Carlson and Fantilli (who will put up solid but unspectacular NHL numbers) in their prospect rankings. While I have nothing against Smith, these changes will clearly be premature.

Reactions: ricky0034

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
My hot [but actually not hot] take:

Will Smith is going to put up insane numbers at Boston College and a bunch of pundits will have him jump Carlson and Fantilli (who will put up solid but unspectacular NHL numbers) in their prospect rankings. While I have nothing against Smith, these changes will clearly be premature.
Seeing this happen in the current round of rankings - guys playing in harder leagues and not putting up gaudy numbers being underrated.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
If Lafreniere break out this upcoming season, the Rangers will faceoff the Devils in the conference final

Lafreniere or not, this prediction incorporates one of the two teams falling to a wildcard seed to get the crossover to the Atlantic then proceeding to beat two top-3 Atlantic teams to get to the conference final and face another Metro team there.

Not impossible but it’s a strange combination of prediction - that an unspecified one of the two teams will have a substantial regular season standings slippage … followed by postseason excellence.

If both teams are good enough to finish the regular season in the top 3 in the metro … they would meet no later than the second round.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Lol bunting isnt the addition to forward that is suddenly gonna help that team over the hump
Bunting is a good addition. Didnt you read the whole post - I said I expect them to still add a scoring winger for their Top6.

Also - the additions of Orlov, TDA and Bunting makes the team a lot better than last year, where they still went to conference finals.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Bunting is a good addition. Didnt you read the whole post - I said I expect them to still add a scoring winger for their Top6.

Also - the additions of Orlov, TDA and Bunting makes the team a lot better than last year, where they still went to conference finals.
Defense was never the issue with them and it hasn't been for a long time. They still havent addressed their needs for a game breaking forward and bunting and tarasenko or anybody his ilk that is available ain't gonna push the needle.

Hug Ben Laf

#86 #10 #13
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
Lafreniere or not, this prediction incorporates one of the two teams falling to a wildcard seed to get the crossover to the Atlantic then proceeding to beat two top-3 Atlantic teams to get to the conference final and face another Metro team there.

Not impossible but it’s a strange combination of prediction - that an unspecified one of the two teams will have a substantial regular season standings slippage … followed by postseason excellence.

If both teams are good enough to finish the regular season in the top 3 in the metro … they would meet no later than the second round.

Hey, what is the fun in predicting McDavid gonna win another Art Ross Trophy

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
In a desperate attempt to improve their roster Philly includes Gritty in a trade package
Screenshot_20230726_010058_Google.jpg

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad