Post-Game Talk: Young Stars Classic: Canucks 3, Jets 2

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I hope we sign Carcone and Moniyhan. Both look like they could be good pieces in the organization.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I've been so impressed with Carcone, very smart and skilled and good 2 way player. Smoother and more polished than anyone else here. He could actually be a player.

You watch guy like Carcone out there and you sometimes have to scratch your head at NHL scouting.....guy's edge-work on the blades is Johnny Gaudreau-like....hard to believe he wasn't worth even a seventh-rounder in any of his draft-eligible years....undersized I know, but along with high Jet first rounders Connor and Roslovic, was one of the most impressive forwards on the ice today.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
You watch guy like Carcone out there and you sometimes have to scratch your head at NHL scouting.....guy's edge-work on the blades is Johnny Gaudreau-like....hard to believe he wasn't worth even a seventh-rounder in any of his draft-eligible years....undersized I know, but along with high Jet first rounders Connor and Roslovic, was one of the most impressive forwards on the ice today.

Yup. And hes not even that old. 96' so less than 1 year older than Connor/Roslovic and he outplayed them handily.

BloatedGuppy

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver
was watching seattle get robbed (matter of opinion of course) any summaries?

Team outworked and outskated Winnipeg for a coaching win. Carcone looked good. Forwards as a whole looked good and forechecked well. Stetcher best D. Juolevi looked good but made an error leading directly to a goal, prompting hysteria in a select demographic.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Thought the Roy like was the best this afternoon. Roy was awesome, and really pushed the play. Stetcher impressed again. Olli was a mixed bag, but was fine overall.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Thought the Roy like was the best this afternoon. Roy was awesome, and really pushed the play. Stetcher impressed again. Olli was a mixed bag, but was fine overall.

Coulter had some nice work, came close to potting a second goal. I'd say the whole team generally played well ... as an earlier poster suggested, a "coaching win".

Juolevi had a couple of errors, one where he bobbled the puck at the offensive blue line which led to a short handed breakaway goal. Other than one other error (that I can recall), he was very steady.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Yeah, maybe a few who shake the pom-poms too hard.

Anybody who's followed Utica even semi close knows they've had a poor crop of (Canuck-drafted) forwards since their inception.

It's a testament to what Green, Conacher, and Esche have been able to squeeze out of the team.

Truer words were never spoken. Again I concur.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
CAnucks really miss players who can get the puck on net. Decent transition, pressure, even passing. But they don't seem to produce threatening shots.

Done by the little kids, as is done by the big kids, as is done by the grown ups. They are all guilty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad