Post-Game Talk: Young Stars Classic: Canucks 3, Jets 2

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Here's the GDT for today's game! I will be updating through the day as info comes out. :yo:

:jets @ :nucks

WHEN: September 18th 2016, 2:00 PM PST
WHERE: South Okanagan Events Centre, Penticton, BC
TV: Canucks Youtube / Canucks Facebook

Last edited by a moderator:

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Curious, but have we ever had a more pathetic forward group than this?

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Hmm... I feel like we have but then I think back on years where Shinkaruk, Virtanen and Gaunce impressed in this tournament. Our only standout up front right now is a 21-year old ECHLer. I feel like we've never had a strong year upfront but this year is definitely among the worst.

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Not sure but they also have an early back to back game tomorrow too so it makes sense they'd be rotating guys today.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Not sure but they also have an early back to back game tomorrow too so it makes sense they'd be rotating guys today.

Oh, for sure! Their roster is larger than a game day roster allows. They can't do anything but rotate the numbers. I hope I didn't give the impression that I was angry if they are scratched. Just inferred that 2 guys on D yesterday showed their need for a lot more seasoning.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Two bad teams with bad future. They do have Laine i guess and then the Boeser Connor debate will go on for years but too bad both teams are gonna be pretty bad for a while. Tough to call this one not looking fwd to how bad are guys can be again :(

SaltyKesler

Sep 3, 2015
Vancity
Two bad teams with bad future. They do have Laine i guess and then the Boeser Connor debate will go on for years but too bad both teams are gonna be pretty bad for a while. Tough to call this one not looking fwd to how bad are guys can be again :(

They have sick center pool and wing depth, not to mention they got Logan Stanley, Luke Green, Josh Morrisey, and more defense. Their goalie pool has Hellebuyck and Comrie. On the other hand we traded Forsling, McCann, Shinkaruk for garbage returns. They have more prospect depth than we've had in like 6 years, and they have multiple first round picks in back to back drafts while we've had 1 2nd round pick in 3 drafts, and traded away 4 2nd rounders

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Did Abols play last game? How was he? I remember he was impressive last year

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I'm interested to keep an eye on Saunter and see why Linden is hyping him so much.

If the pairing is indeed OJ and SauTNer, it will be much different for Olli since he was paired with Stecher yesterday. Sautner is not the same kind of go with the puck guy that Stecher is. In his one season Comets' history he has done it when the situation presents itself, but he isn't goinmg to attempt to make it happen. He is usually a look, stride once or twice, and hit the open man. That would be two D-men doing the same type of thing as OJ did yesterday. This isn't a bad thing as long as the forwards you give it to are capable of continuing the flow up ice, obviously. This is not the most competent bunch of puck rushing/play making forwards. Maybe we see a little more of Olli as an offensive minded, puck moving d-man.

JUMBOcanuck

Nov 15, 2007
This is so much better without Principe ruining the play by play like he did vs the Oilers.

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
OJ is much more noticeable in this game. Nice work in the offensive zone and throwing his body around.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
So Stewart is a dman again?!?!?

Dressing him and labeling him a D-man, but dressing six more D-men and only 11 forwards leaves it open for green to give him shifts in both positions. Might as well prove he can or can't do it in either position.

Seriously, I see him assigned to Alaska when the Comets' camp breaks. He is first going to have to prove he can make the Aces and second, that he can play at that level before Green even thinks of giving him a chance with the Comets and after the Stewart fiasco last season who could blame Travis?

Maybe the Canucks need to decide once and for all what position he is going to play. He played both last season. This is becoming a ridiculous pattern with this management team as they have done it with Stewart and Pedan and I wouldn't be surprised to see such an experiment with Subban down the road, which would be flat out stupid, but they have established such a precedent.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad