Young Guns not passing to Yakupov

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetaOil1993

Jun 22, 2012
Edmonton
One distinctive pass that I do remember Hall making to Yakupov was the near suicide pass in Tampa where Yakupov ended up bailing out and the puck went to the wrong guy and back in the Oiler net.

There are many instances that lead me to believe that Yaks lack of success is not only a product of his defensive play. I really wish he gets the opportunity to succeed as an Oiler but if his teammates can't live with him being around, I hope he lights it up somewhere else.

Hall made that pass to Yak on purpose to make him look bad :sarcasm:

FlyOil

Dec 14, 2012
Philadelphia
To be honest, I haven't noticed the players not passing to Yakupov on purpose. People are accusing Eberle as being the biggest culprit, but he and Yakupov hardly ever play together unless its on the PP. And Eberle is usually the furthest player away from Yakupov on the PP, playing opposite sides of the ice. In order for Eberle to pass to Yak, he'd have to pass through all the defenders, which isn't easy to do (unless your name is Nuge). I think alot of things dealing with Yakupov is getting overblown right now, including this assumption that the young guns are not passing to Yak.

You're right they don't play with eachother often, but Eberle is one of the best passers on the team. I'll defend Eberle as far as I can, and I've definitely seen some different attitudes towards Yak.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
You know, i kind of feel the same way.
I've been very dismissive of all this clique stuff, it has actually annoyed the **** out of me all the conspiracy theories going on around here BUT when Mr.Apologist Stauffer says that there might be something to it, that really opens my eyes to the possibility and makes me sad. Why the hell would they just shun Yak on purpose? It just doesn't make sense to me, it never seemed like they had a problem with him in the past. Why now? Is it just a lack of trust or is it something more? ****, i hate even jumping in on this clique nonsense, it makes me sick quite frankly. **** this season from hell goddamnit.
I still don't want to believe it and think better of Hall and Eberle but Stauffer not outright shooting this down really REALLY gives me pause.

Well [tin foil hat on now]

Eberle's biggest threat to being on the team's top 6 RW is Eberle
Hall is buddies with Eberle

Neither want to split up so best way to prevent that is ostracize the noob

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Well [tin foil hat on now]

Eberle's biggest threat to being on the team's top 6 RW is Eberle
Hall is buddies with Eberle

Neither want to split up so best way to prevent that is ostracize the noob

If they don't want to get split up then they had damn well better play defense and start winning because winning is what keeps a core together.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Magnus and Yaks had ALOT of chemistry last season.

Personally i have seen Yak not do things he was SPECIFICALLY told to do by his centres. Ive seen a vet like Boyd Gordon talk to yak before a draw that he was supposed to check ovechkin (could see him clearly poinnting to get close to ovechkins stick--ovechkin never moved, never had to skate a single inch to avoid yak)on a draw only to have Yak skate over and stand beside him (Bing, goal against). Personally a guy like this, on a hockey club, doesnt get the puck because he doesnt deserve it.

Frankly i find him an entitled individual. Avoiding a check FFS in the NHL and leaving the puck in the middle of the offensive zone (BING, goal against).

Why does Yak have very little ice time? he isnt all in.

Dont make mistakes, that come from a complete lack of competitiveness (not doing your assignment, avoiding contact to make a play), and you might not be the worst player in the NHL.

As a teammate... you dont do the LITTLE thing called checking the sniper...your defensive responsibility, YOUR MAN, AFTER SPECIFICALLY TOLD by a vet centre WHO FOR FFS IS SHOWING HE IS ALL IN. As a teammate you are going to the dog house.

But as Yak said, his game is top notch. top notch for being worst in the league.

Last edited:

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007

Personally i have seen Yak not do things he was SPECIFICALLY told to do by his centres. Ive seen a vet like Boyd Gordon talk to yak before a draw that he was supposed to check ovechkin (could see him clearly poinnting to get close to ovechkins stick--ovechkin never moved, never had to skate a single inch to avoid yak)on a draw only to have Yak skate over and stand beside him (Bing, goal against). Personally a guy like this, on a hockey club, doesnt get the puck because he doesnt deserve it.

Frankly i find him an entitled individual. Avoiding a check FFS in the NHL and leaving the puck in the middle of the offensive zone (BING, goal against).

Dont make mistakes, that come from a complete lack of competitiveness (not doing your assignment, avoiding contact to make a play), and you might not be the worst player in the NHL.

As a teammate... you dont do the LITTLE thing called checking the sniper...your defensive responsibility, YOUR MAN, AFTER SPECIFICALLY TOLD by a vet centre WHO FOR FFS IS SHOWING HE IS ALL IN. As a teammate you are going to the dog house.

But as Yak said, his game is top notch. top notch for being worst in the league.
Are you seriously saying Yakupov lacks competitiveness and is the worst player in the NHL? Ovechkin is one of the best offensive players in the modern era, of course Yakupov isn't going to have a clue how to defend him. As for avoiding a check, literally every player in the NHL would rather avoid a check than get injured, even Taylor Hall dodges hits when he can. -modedit

Last edited by a moderator:

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012

Right.....

incredulous.gif

czar99

Nov 19, 2008
Shultz'z Place
You know, i kind of feel the same way.
I've been very dismissive of all this clique stuff, it has actually annoyed the **** out of me all the conspiracy theories going on around here BUT when Mr.Apologist Stauffer says that there might be something to it, that really opens my eyes to the possibility and makes me sad. Why the hell would they just shun Yak on purpose? It just doesn't make sense to me, it never seemed like they had a problem with him in the past. Why now? Is it just a lack of trust or is it something more? ****, i hate even jumping in on this clique nonsense, it makes me sick quite frankly. **** this season from hell goddamnit.
I still don't want to believe it and think better of Hall and Eberle but Stauffer not outright shooting this down really REALLY gives me pause.

It makes you and the others that don't want to believe it sick because it's more than likely true and that scares the **** out of us all.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Pretty much all his goals were either that cross pass one timer on the PP or him sitting at the side of the net hoping the puck would come to him. lol

It doesn't help that teams have gotten wise to it as well.

SoftDumps

Oct 11, 2013
-modedit
FTR, I call hogwash. Why miss out on possible assists (especially Eberle, the lover of cheap secondary assists) and WINS to make some kind of childish point to a teammate? Beats the **** outta me guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

NMK

Feb 3, 2007
I am watching a lot of Oiler games and it puzzles me why I am not seeing Yakupov getting the puck as much as he should be in the offensive zone especially in the PP. Is it just me or has anyone else been noticing this as well. If it is the case, that really spells some serious issues going on with this team and it might just be one of many reasons why Larionov will be meeting with the Oiler brass.

Honestly, it looks like he has few friends on this team. He gets off the ice and no one talks to him. He goes off-side and his teammates are staring daggers his way. I was thinking this before the whole "ordeal", but clearly he has made some poor decisions and anyone who goes public with something like ice-time, has poor social and team skills.
Damn, I liked this kid and was hoping that he would turn out to be a player but I don't see it happening.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
didn't see any evidence of that at all tonight
Not only that but Yak is distributing the puck a whole lot better as well. Maybe all that was needed was a wee bit of public venting or both sides (Yak and Eakins) realized they had to give a little bit.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
So far, it seems like Yak needs two things to get him going:

- A Russian goaltender on the team (seems to work for Dubnyk as well)

- Playing on a line with Gagner

Lewy

May 26, 2011
Seems to me like Yak has stopped "doodling" and a whole lot more "skating as fast as I can towards the other teams net" I think it might be working for him.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The biggest differences for Nail has very little to do with his linemates, it's that he kept his feet moving, kept engaged in the game and used his speed.

When Nail is stationary he is not a very good player. When he is winding up and going pedal to the metal he is a damn good hockey player as evidenced by last nights play.

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
Not only that but Yak is distributing the puck a whole lot better as well. Maybe all that was needed was a wee bit of public venting or both sides (Yak and Eakins) realized they had to give a little bit.

marraige counselor?
if not, you should be
:nod:

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003
Hall and Yak were talking on the bench last night after the goals, having fun!

.... Hall and Yak getting too close?? Young guns passing to Yak too much???

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Did anyone else catch the clip last night where Yak was standing on the bench and wanted to sit down. Hall and Ebs took their sweet time before moving a little to let Yak sit down between them ...

:scared::scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad