Young Guns not passing to Yakupov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Not only that but Yak is distributing the puck a whole lot better as well. Maybe all that was needed was a wee bit of public venting or both sides (Yak and Eakins) realized they had to give a little bit.

Yak and the agent made their point, Yak accordingly got more minutes on a bad team (as his goal scoring talent befits), and has been using them to great effect.

Who knew? :D

Lets be clear here. Eakins was underusing Yak from the start and with a two game healthy scratch at the 4 game mark of the season was clearly targeting Yak for example. Several players could've been HS during this season. Only two were, Smyth (because he can take it :() and Yak because he's apparently an easy target.

Fact of the matter is it doesn't matter how good Yak was he wasn't going to be getting much opportunity to get out of the doghouse playing limited minutes on 4th line and for two games with Gazdik. :shakehead

KarlssonnSchultz

Feb 5, 2013
Ottawa
Magnus and Yaks had ALOT of chemistry last season.

Personally i have seen Yak not do things he was SPECIFICALLY told to do by his centres. Ive seen a vet like Boyd Gordon talk to yak before a draw that he was supposed to check ovechkin (could see him clearly poinnting to get close to ovechkins stick--ovechkin never moved, never had to skate a single inch to avoid yak)on a draw only to have Yak skate over and stand beside him (Bing, goal against). Personally a guy like this, on a hockey club, doesnt get the puck because he doesnt deserve it.

Frankly i find him an entitled individual. Avoiding a check FFS in the NHL and leaving the puck in the middle of the offensive zone (BING, goal against).

Why does Yak have very little ice time? he isnt all in.

Dont make mistakes, that come from a complete lack of competitiveness (not doing your assignment, avoiding contact to make a play), and you might not be the worst player in the NHL.

As a teammate... you dont do the LITTLE thing called checking the sniper...your defensive responsibility, YOUR MAN, AFTER SPECIFICALLY TOLD by a vet centre WHO FOR FFS IS SHOWING HE IS ALL IN. As a teammate you are going to the dog house.

But as Yak said, his game is top notch. top notch for being worst in the league.

Or he get's hit, get's a concussion and is known as an injury prone winger who can't keep his head up. Pick your poison on that one.

In regards to the Ovechkin thing, he is a 20 year old winger who is known for his offense. Not his fault that he is for some reason needing to cover the best goal scorer in the league.

Neatman

Mar 9, 2011
Or he get's hit, get's a concussion and is known as an injury prone winger who can't keep his head up. Pick your poison on that one.

In regards to the Ovechkin thing, he is a 20 year old winger who is known for his offense. Not his fault that he is for some reason needing to cover the best goal scorer in the league.

Not to mention that the puck was won forward and Yakupov's assignment was the Dman. Ovechkin just happened to get the puck at the moment that Yakupov was passing him, which made him look bad. Sure, he could've tied up Ovechkin but then he would have left the point uncovered, and at that point Ovechkin didn't have the puck anyways.

IMO the fault in that play was having Eberle lined up on the boards...

ZenOil

Fast Twitch Hitch
Sep 23, 2010
Vancouver
Yak has looked amazing of late. His speed and play making has notched up another level. He should have had 4 points last game. If he had a better center than Ganger to play with that would be swell. Malkin and Yak.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Ummm so Eberle was the first one to go and celebrate with Yak after Yak's goal last night, but no smile on Eberle's face at all.. what do you conspirators make of that? :sarcasm:

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Honestly, it looks like he has few friends on this team. He gets off the ice and no one talks to him. He goes off-side and his teammates are staring daggers his way. I was thinking this before the whole "ordeal", but clearly he has made some poor decisions and anyone who goes public with something like ice-time, has poor social and team skills.
Damn, I liked this kid and was hoping that he would turn out to be a player but I don't see it happening.

now here is one quote that needs to be saved and later thrown back at NMK.

what a bunch of hogwash in regards to the other players not liking yak.
and you don't see Yak turning out to be a player? really?
you're entitled to your opinion, but :shakehead

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'm gonna shut this thread down, I don't think it's based on anything but hot air really. Hall and Yak goofing around in warm up a few nights must've just been some elaborate act too. Losing brings out the stupid, I guess, thank goodness a few wins have lightened things up around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad