Post-Game Talk: Young Ducks beat Jets 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Feels like we will spend all year watching stas underutilized as a checking winger and Nash holding back his fourth line mates scoring...

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
It took 2 games before the first Habs fire sale thread on the mainboards.........it took few Jets fans 13 mins into the 2nd period of the first game to start talking the sky is falling......maybe if we lose game 2 like the Habs have we will see a fire sale thread also for the Jets.
:popcorn:
Jets SM is already riddled with trade Wheeler posts

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
i feel like stastny isn't the best at W. i feel like that that neuters his strengths a bit (200 ft play down the middle, IQ, play-making to either wing) and exemplifies his weaknesses (speed, shot)

I tend to agree. But on a line with Lowry there should be the ability to play a strong cycle game. Those are two guys who are really tough on the puck. I think the Jets have wanted that 1-2 punch at centre for a long time, and with Scheifele and Dubois they feel they have it. Having an extra top 9 centre isn't bad, as Copp has struggled when called upon beyond the 3rd line as a C. Stastny's still a wily enough player to merit his ice time. When the Jets need a greasy goal this year, I feel like Stastny will be called upon. He almost got us on the board with a pretty good goal line move.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

Stats/Lowry/Perfetti feels like it's lacking a shooter imo. Happy Perfetti might get another but he really should be playing with one of our 3 triggermen I think.

Perfetti isn't the guy who is going to get puck out of the corners. Starting him with two of your strongest forwards gives him the space to make plays, see the ice. I could definitely see Stastny setting him up for his 1st career goal.

I think Svetchnikov was the worst Jet forward, but he also flew in that day. Harkins/Svetchnikov were good in preseason. But I don't see any reason for Vesalainen to come out.

I am looking forward to seeing our PP, with Scheifele. I think Wheeler goes back to playing behind the goal line like last year, which is good because the half wall passes were too often telegraphed. Scheifele returns to the same spot as last year conceivably. Biggest difference is Pionk on the point, who got some good shots off, and Dubois looks like he could have a prominent role too.

Reactions: DashingDane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad