Confirmed with Link: You guys wanted it - Chance to play VS Bobby Ryan in BobbyVSBeerleaguers

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Let's be honest, no one even said anything that blasphemous. Only Otello said he's faster, and it's not like he said anything too extreme.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Who's the guy who said he's a faster skater than Bobby? I want to see that guy go up, and challenge him to a straight line skating drill.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I signed up - think it would be awesome just to be on the ice with him.

I would hope I would look a little better than those other guys but I have no idea what I actually look like out there.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I expect all the idiots on here who endlessly bash him to sign up using their usernames.

I don't think any of us actually think we are better than Bobby Ryan at the sport of ice hockey...

Is this seriously what he's going to do with his time though. Watch him reaggravate his finger. Or whatever else will be the excuse next year.

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
I don't think any of us actually think we are better than Bobby Ryan at the sport of ice hockey...

Actually, some on here do...but only at certain things. The easiest things, like straight line speed and stuff. I mean he can't be that fast can he? :sarcasm:

Is this seriously what he's going to do with his time though. Watch him reaggravate his finger. Or whatever else will be the excuse next year.
The guy just can't win can he?

If this is what he is doing instead of working out during the summer then yes, I have have a problem with it. If this is how he chooses to spend his free time then good for him and I hope he has fun!

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I think theres maybe a guy or two in every beer league that can outskate Ryan.

Thats not even bashing him at all. Some people just have natural wheels. Now can they handle the puck, turn, keep their head up, etc. while flying...thats another question.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
I think theres maybe a guy or two in every beer league that can outskate Ryan.

Thats not even bashing him at all. Some people just have natural wheels. Now can they handle the puck, turn, keep their head up, etc. while flying...thats another question.

How dare you say such a thing

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
How dare you say such a thing
Especially when it's not true... :naughty:

I guess the point here is that these will be hockey drills, similar to his last videos. If you want to skate then make it a bag skate. Include turns both ways, add a puck, hard stops both feet. I suspect it will be a bag skate for the beer leaguer and a warm up for Bobby. This should be fun and I suspect eye opening for many...

No point in skating as fast as you can in a circle without a puck as that simply isn't hockey, that is speed skating.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Anyone who thinks they are better at any one aspect than Bobby Ryan are kidding themselves. I played in a league this year with glorified grinders at the NHL level, on the wrong side of 30, and they are among the top players in the league. 90% of these guys are major junior players or better.

It's a lot different watching vs lining up with and against them.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Anyone who thinks they are better at any one aspect than Bobby Ryan are kidding themselves. I played in a league this year with glorified grinders at the NHL level, on the wrong side of 30, and they are among the top players in the league. 90% of these guys are major junior players or better.

It's a lot different watching vs lining up with and against them.

There's a difference between being better,and being better at 1 specific skill though.

Like I said in the previous thread. I've been on the ice with Neil and konopka. Guess what? They were the best players on the ice no questions asked. By a pretty big margin too. But they weren't the fastest skaters on the ice. There was a couple faster guys.

Like others have said, there's some guys with natural wheels who aren't very good at all other things other than skating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad