You can only keep 1

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
OK some head to head show downs here.

You can only keep 1 of each head to head show down.

Keep in mind contract status and future re sign value. Age.

Keep in mind what you could get for the other player on the open market in a trade.

Gunner----Franson

Kostka----Fraser

Kamarov---Kulemin

McClement----Grabo

Brown,---Orr---McLaren (only 2 can stay)

Franson, Kostka, Komarov (tough one), Grabo, Orr & McLaren

Kiotzu

Dec 6, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Gunner----Franson Feel like franson has more talent then Gunner. Gunner is vastly overrated on HF

Kostka----Fraser better bottom pairing player, like his toughness

Komarov---Kulemin simply because he has a better all around game, not to say I don't love what Komarov is doing but I prefer Kuli

McClement----Grabo Plain and simple more talented, only thing I like better about McClement is his PK ability.

Brown,---Orr---McLaren I like Brown but Orr and McLaren are more effective at this point.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007

Keep in mind what you could get for the other player on the open market in a trade.

Gunner----Franson

Kostka----Fraser

Kamarov---Kulemin

McClement----Grabo

What realistic situation, besides a make believe scenario, would the leafs ever be in a situation to have to make a choice between these players?

IWD

May 28, 2003
Visit site
I'm beginning to seriously hate Kulemin.

Why? He has always been a hard and honest worker for the team, and he took a really good contract rate when he could have driven a harder bargain for a bigger raise. I don't recall him ever complaining about anything.

I think he's expendable from the team's perspective, but I don't know how anyone could dislike him as a player.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Gunner----Franson
Better offense, right handed shot.

Kostka----Fraser
Like them both, but I think Fraser is a cheaper re-sign and does his role to perfection. I think Kostka is not quite offensive enough and not quite big enough to be a big shutdown guy.

Kamarov---Kulemin
This one isn't really that tough. Komarov hits more and is a pest, but Kulemin does everything else better.

McClement----Grabo
I really really like McClements game.

I think we have enough players like Brown on our team, and of all of the similar type players, I think he brings the least.

Did you weight the trade value when making the Kamo/Kuli call?

Like i posted this is not just a simple skill vs skill debate I'm offering. Bigger picture stuff.

ironrhcp

Jan 14, 2012
Markham Ont

Gunner----Franson

Kostka----Fraser

Kamarov---Kulemin

McClement----Grabo

Fanson
Fraser
Kule
Grabo
Orr, McLaren

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Gunner----Franson Feel like franson has more talent then Gunner. Gunner is vastly overrated on HF

Kostka----Fraser better bottom pairing player, like his toughness

Komarov---Kulemin simply because he has a better all around game, not to say I don't love what Komarov is doing but I prefer Kuli

McClement----Grabo Plain and simple more talented, only thing I like better about McClement is his PK ability.

Brown,---Orr---McLaren I like Brown but Orr and McLaren are more effective at this point.

This was not a pure debate about skill vs skill.

Like i opened the post, consider all things, Age, Contract status,role on the team, trade value .

One could argue McClem over Grabo based on the reason that Mc could fill Grabos new role at a cheaper cap hit and Grabo might hold higher trade value also, same debate could be opened for Kuli vs Koma

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
I'm beginning to seriously hate Kulemin.

He's showing that 2 years ago was a fluke, he has no clue in the offensive zone and all of his points are in spite of him not because of him. I've been tracking Kule for his times he goes to the opposition's net and so far he's at 5 1/2, his only goal this year came from him going to the net. Lot's of people would like to see Mac gone but Mac will go to the net 5 1/2 times every 3 games not every 19 games. 2.8 mil. for a guy that's timid in the offensive zone is a little high and I think Kule is playing his way onto the 4th line on any team in hockey except TO. People are also buying into the concept that you get icetime based on merit on RC's team, not any more I think. I think Kule needs a major shake up so I think RC needs to bench him and remind him what TO needs from him for TO to win like he did with JVR.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
He's showing that 2 years ago was a fluke, he has no clue in the offensive zone and all of his points are in spite of him not because of him. I've been tracking Kule for his times he goes to the opposition's net and so far he's at 5 1/2, his only goal this year came from him going to the net. Lot's of people would like to see Mac gone but Mac will go to the net 5 1/2 times every 3 games not every 19 games. 2.8 mil. for a guy that's timid in the offensive zone is a little high and I think Kule is playing his way onto the 4th line on any team in hockey except TO. People are also buying into the concept that you get icetime based on merit on RC's team, not any more I think. I think Kule needs a major shake up so I think RC needs to bench him and remind him what TO needs from him for TO to win like he did with JVR.

I could see Pitt giving him a run with Malkin.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Franson - no disrespect to Gunnerson, but I like what Franson brings to the table offensively better than Gunnar. This was a pretty hard choice though.

Fraser - I like having a punishing physical player like Fraser to help keep other teams away from our goalies. We have enough offensive defensemen that Koska is not a vital part of the team.

Kamarov - I am really impressed with Kamarov. Kulimen is a great defensive forward but his game has declined significantly offensively and Kamorov's intangibles make him more valuable to a winning team than a Kulimen who cannot score any goals.

McClement - I like Grabo but the arrival of Kadri makes him less important to me than he otherwise would have been. Kadri brings the same kind of offensive abilities to the ice as Grabo and Grabo does not have chemistry with Kessel so he will not be taking over from Bozak on the first line. McClement has been one of the biggest reasons for the Leaf's turn around as he is solid as a rock defensively.

Orr and McLaren - nothing against Brown, but these guys are better at what they do than he is.

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
I could see Pitt giving him a run with Malkin.

Please do, I think his career has run it's coarse with TO. He's a 4th liner now and a penalty killer, energy and defense is all he can offer to TO we don't have a Malkin but I don't think even Malkin can draw much out of Kule in the NHL. I remember reading that both Grabo and Kule we doing so well in the KHL, I guess that's where they should have stayed.

contour

Mar 31, 2011

Gunner----Franson

Kostka----Fraser
Toughest one here ^

Komarov---Kulemin

McClement----Grabo

My choices.

Badger Mayhew*

Gunner----Franson

Kostka----Fraser

Komarov---Kulemin

McClement----Grabo

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

Gunner----Franson

Kostka----Fraser

Kamarov---Kulemin

McClement----Grabo

Boom.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Franson, Fraser, Kamarov, McClement, Orr and McLaren.

agreed. Grabos contract status is the only reason i have Mcclement over him. All the other picks were easy, well picking between BRown and Orr was kinda hrd, McLaren is a stud of a 4th liner though, great in the boards, great puck protection, good at getting pucks to the point and crashing the net and also a terrific backchecker.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
Franson
Fraser
Komarov(hardest decision)
Grabo
Orr, McClaren(easiest decision)

Only way I pick McClement over Grabo is if the big free agents hit the market this off season, if I had to pick now I pick Grabo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad