You are Jeff Gorton.

What direction are you taking this team...?

• Total voters

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Well a pretty vocal poster and advanced stats proponent here thinks Kreider is a franchise player.
By Franchise Player, you mean a player you build your entire franchise around? No, that is not Kreider. But may well be the player that leads the young crew of this team through and past the rebuild.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
No way they deal Andersson IMO. The bumbling idiots on this team can't play defense as it is. You don't trade one of your more gritty, high defense IQ prospects. We need more like him. I thought Gorton was real stupid for drafting 2 defenseman last year in the first round. Now, I see why. Our defenseman suck beyond belief. Can't wait until the days we see Miller, Lundqvist, Hajek, Lindgren, Rykov, Keane and Gross here. Geez.

Reactions: Kupo

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Well a pretty vocal poster and advanced stats proponent here thinks Kreider is a franchise player.
Why not just name him, we both know who you are talking about. And I don't know that MH actually thinks that, he rightly places high value on Kreider, but he knows he's not a franchise level player.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
He can be the leader of this team for years to come. Along with being a legit top line wing.

Yes, but at what price? Are you ok with a 7x7 extension for a 29 year old?

And where has that leadership been during our 3 game collapse?

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Why not just name him, we both know who you are talking about. And I don't know that MH actually thinks that, he rightly places high value on Kreider, but he knows he's not a franchise level player.

Exactly, @Machinehead has never called Kreider a franchise player. He, like myself, thinks he’s a great complement for a high end center. Actually, quite a few people think the same, and have things such as, ‘could you imagine what Kreider would look like next to McDavid?’. No one has called him a franchise player.

The other thing is that all it takes is one or two down games for his critics to come back out in force to say, see, I told you so.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanielBrassard

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yes, but at what price? Are you ok with a 7x7 extension for a 29 year old?
$6.5 for 6 is pretty fair.
And where has that leadership been during our 3 game collapse?
In 1994, the Rangers have several 3 game loosing streaks. They also lost a game to the Pens, 6-2. Would you say that Messier's leadership was missing during that time?

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The thing is, he’s shortened his valleys this year, which is why he’s at 20 goals at just about the midpoint of the season.
He also shows up every night. No one said he is THE franchise. But he CAN lead a franchise, both in the locker room and by example on the ice.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
He also shows up every night. No one said he is THE franchise. But he CAN lead a franchise, both in the locker room and by example on the ice.

Not suggesting he can't, but I think leadership can be overblown. I think CK can definitely be someone who show the youngsters what good work ethic is, how to train, and ultimately help bring them along.

I'd rather have a leader on the Ice that can change the tone or momentum when it's starting to turn against us. I didn't see that from CK the last 3 games when we got obliterated.

I wouldn't say CK shows up every night though. Consistency has been one of his biggest issues over his professional career. If there's a tempting offer for him, I wouldn't neglect it. He'll likely command more than 6M-6.5M, imo. He'll be yet another late 20 year old signed to a retirement contract, one he'll likely not live up to like most 29 year olds signing that kind of contract.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
So it’s you and me. Who are the other 24 people?
The OP.

giphy.gif

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I would vote option 3

However I can't think that Zbad returns what he'd be worth. (It would have to be better than the Stepan deal by a fair amount and I just don't see that happening, I would be unwilling to take back a pick that can only draft a limited ceiling prospect and another already drafted prospect they do not care about devloping)

And I don't think they should be trading away the guys who were drafted in 2016, 2017, 2018 even if right now I'm not sure they really have the ceilings I'm wishing they had.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Every year, the features on Gorton's face -- eyes, nose, mouth -- inch closer toward the center.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
The other thing is that all it takes is one or two down games for his critics to come back out in force to say, see, I told you so.

These last 3 games have zero impact in my desire to see him shopped.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
$6.5 for 6 is pretty fair.

In 1994, the Rangers have several 3 game loosing streaks. They also lost a game to the Pens, 6-2. Would you say that Messier's leadership was missing during that time?

What about the infamous Terry Yake hat trick game? I guess Messier must have taken the night off. We all know Leetch did. Keenan made sure everyone knew.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Ahh I thought that was in reference to me since I'm on the burn it to the ground bandwagon lol.

I understand why some people want to trade Kreider. I get it. I don’t necessarily agree with it. Of course, if Colorado wants to give Ottawa’s 1st, Makar and Kaut, I’m there. But moving him starts with a top 7 pick, and I don’t think that’s available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad