Pre-Game Talk: Yotes @ Habs feb 27th @ 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
After 50+ years of being a die hard fan I am at a point where I no longer care. I never thought I would get here but watching this mediocre product night in and night out has finally taken its toll. I will check in on this site but I doubt I watch most games moving forward.
The hardest thing for me to take was Dach going down.
We lost a full year of evaluation because it's next to impossible to evaluate this group with one center.
If Kirby Dach can't play games for this club we are going to be in a world of hurt for much longer than expected.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
After 50+ years of being a die hard fan I am at a point where I no longer care. I never thought I would get here but watching this mediocre product night in and night out has finally taken its toll. I will check in on this site but I doubt I watch most games moving forward.
That was me............last year. The last 25 games or so.........................this year I am still in disbelief they lost Dach in game 2.
It's been tough to watch alot of games.

Better days ahead for sure.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
>Fan for 50 years
>Quits on the team at the 1st proper rebuild

>Wonders why the Habs patched in the 90s and 2000s instead of embracing le tank

Hopefully not to many quit on the Habs because we will be right back to the *hope to make the playoffs as an underdog and then anything is possible* era.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
>Fan for 50 years
>Quits on the team at the 1st proper rebuild

>Wonders why the Habs patched in the 90s and 2000s instead of embracing le tank

Hopefully not to many quit on the Habs because we will be right back to the *hope to make the playoffs as an underdog and then anything is possible* era.
I'm gonna remain consistent. After they got Dach and Slafkovsky, I said the Habs need 4 significant pieces in the rebuild before they stop tanking: 1st line forward, 1st pair Defenceman, Top 6 Forward, No. 1 Goalie

Since I made that assessment, they got 2 out of 4, maybe 3 out of 4 if Newhook can be a good third piece on a second line. The Habs are probably gonna get their 1st line forward this year. Maybe they also trade for another young top 6 F (Zegras, etc). The rebuild isn't at the same stage as a Chicago, etc. They've pretty much acquired all of there future pieces. Habs are at the stage of their rebuild where they have to emphasize development over all. This definitely SHOULDN'T be the lineup next year but in theory this could be it if they decide to bring up everyone they want on their future team realistically:

Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Newhook-Dach-2024 1st pick
Roy-Beck-Anderson

Guhle-Matheson
Hutson-Reinbacher
Xhekaj-Mailloux

Fowler
Monty

Add in a trade or two to bolster the middle 6 F lines and no more significant pieces are necessary. The Habs had the privilege of undergoing a retool, before their rebuild, where they acquired half their young core essentially. This is the last necessary tank year

Last edited:
Reactions: Redux91

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
The hardest thing for me to take was Dach going down.
We lost a full year of evaluation because it's next to impossible to evaluate this group with one center.
If Kirby Dach can't play games for this club we are going to be in a world of hurt for much longer than expected.
It was supposed to be an evaluation year for Dach, but now the Habs are left wondering if they have their 2 center. It impacts how they draft and use trade assets.

Reactions: Rapala

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
For tonight, I just want:
Slaf to rack up 4 points
Suzuki to get a goal
Caufield to get a hatty
Roy to score a michigan
Anderson to finally bag 2 goals.
A 30% scoring rate on the PP

And for us to lose in regulation.

Is that too much to ask? I mean come on!
i-second-that-conceited.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Tonight’s lineup:

Caufield - Suzuki - Slafkovsky
Roy - Newhook - Armia
Gallagher - Evans - Anderson
Pearson - White - Ylonen

Matheson - Guhle
Xhekaj - Savard
Kovacevic - Harris

Montembault

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I'm gonna remain consistent. After they got Dach and Slafkovsky, I said the Habs need 4 significant pieces in the rebuild before they stop tanking: 1st line forward, 1st pair Defenceman, Top 6 Forward, No. 1 Goalie

Since I made that assessment, they got 2 out of 4, maybe 3 out of 4 if Newhook can be a good third piece on a second line. The Habs are probably gonna get their 1st line forward this year. Maybe they also trade for another young top 6 F (Zegras, etc). The rebuild isn't at the same stage as a Chicago, etc. They've pretty much acquired all of there future pieces. Habs are at the stage of their rebuild where they have to emphasize development over all. This definitely SHOULDN'T be the lineup next year but in theory this could be it if they decide to bring up everyone they want on their future team realistically:

Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Newhook-Dach-2024 1st pick
Roy-Beck-Anderson

Guhle-Matheson
Hutson-Reinbacher
Xhekaj-Mailloux

Fowler
Monty

Add in a trade or two to bolster the middle 6 F lines and no more significant pieces are necessary. The Habs had the privilege of undergoing a retool, before their rebuild, where they acquired half their young core essentially. This is the last necessary tank year
I fully disagree that this year will be the last tank year.

We have

Armia
Anderson
Savard
Allen
Monty
Evans ( good but come on, he’s a depth piece on a contender )
Gallagher

And several injury prone players.

Next year SHOULD BE ANOTHER TOP 10 pick. Sorry.

Plus,

Fowler
Mailloux
Beck
Roy
Huston
Reinbacher
2024 1st?

That’s a lot of rookie, tank year.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member

We have

Armia
Anderson
Savard
Allen
Monty
Gallagher

Plus,

Fowler
Mailloux
Beck
Roy
Huston
Reinbacher
2024 1st?

your name is Slaf"Bust"sky. Obviously you think were going to tank again next year

Reactions: Redux91

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
For tonight, I just want:
Slaf to rack up 4 points
Suzuki to get a goal
Caufield to get a hatty
Roy to score a michigan
Anderson to finally bag 2 goals.
A 30% scoring rate on the PP

And for us to lose in regulation.

Is that too much to ask? I mean come on!
Really?
I just want Nick Suzuki to match Darryl Sittler's 10 point game.
I'll even take the win in this scenario.

• Love
Reactions: SwiftyHab

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Tonight’s lineup:

Roy - Newhook - Armia
Pearson - White - Ylonen

Matheson - Guhle
Xhekaj - Savard
Kovacevic - Harris

Montembault
I've only been able to watch sporadically. But wasn't Anderson getting good chances playing with Roy and Newhook? I wonder why they switched it back up.

I'd like to see Ylonen get a shot there at some point: Roy - Newhook - Ylonen.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
All I want for tonight is:

1) Slaf to get a hatty
2) a bench-clearing brawl every period
4) find the Lindburgh baby
5) Israel-Palestine to set aside their differences
6) lose in regulation

Last edited:

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Really?
I just want Nick Suzuki to match Darryl Sittler's 10 point game.
I'll even take the win in this scenario.

:laugh::laugh:

I remember this game, that was amazing even for a Habs fan, i think the D Turnbul got something like 7 points as well, must still be the most points in one game ever

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016

We have

Armia
Anderson
Savard
Allen
Monty
Gallagher

Plus,

Fowler
Mailloux
Beck
Roy
Huston
Reinbacher
2024 1st?

Where were the Habs pre Monahan trade? Where have they been all year? A point per game team. Pro rated that's 82 points. They've been getting better each year from that disastrous 2021-22 season. I expect they'll reach between 82-90 points next year. That's not tank. And you're assuming that they'll keep all those pieces. My only assumption is Dach will come back and replace Monahan while the young players all develop and get better

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016

I get it, i envy you in some way, find myself still watching every game of the Habs ( i know i know....get a life :laugh: ), i'm not watching other teams games as much as i did before tho find it less interesting knowing we wont meet any of them in the playoffs, anyway it is what it is, the only thing we can do is hope it will get better with the new managmnt.

Reactions: Tyson and Rapala

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Tonight’s lineup:

Roy - Newhook - Armia
Pearson - White - Ylonen

Matheson - Guhle
Xhekaj - Savard
Kovacevic - Harris

Montembault
Are you sure Newhook is actually going to play on the ice?

I can't remember if he played last game at all.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Should we pull our goalie to start the game and make it fair? :sarcasm:
There is no doubt in my mind our 6v5 needs a truck load of work.

Pulling the goalie with 59 minutes left...Stop giving Marty tempting ideas! :laugh:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad