Yormark: Big Changes Coming To Islanders Coverage

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
More coverage period would be good. Like instead of MSG2 showing beginnings of Derek Stepan for the millionth time they show an isles event that's being blacked out.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
More coverage period would be good. Like instead of MSG2 showing beginnings of Derek Stepan for the millionth time they show an isles event that's being blacked out.

Maybe the announcement is less games on TV. If you wanna see the ielses when they're at home, you have to come to Barclays. Similar to what they did in Chicago back in the day.

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
Maybe MSG gives the Isles a dedicated channel, like MSG2 or 2+. It'd be nice to always be on 1 channel and not have to go on safari to find whatever dump channel they throw them on when they decide to show 3 Rags and 2 Devils feeds at the same time.
Not being on a freakin' college radio station would be nice too.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I wouldn't call any radio change a "big" announcement. How many people would really be affected by a change in radio coverage?

MetsJetsIsles22

Oct 27, 2013
hopefully every single game will be aired in HD....somehow that has yet to happen...i could not care less which station it is on as long as it doesnt look like tv in 1990

scott99

May 13, 2005
I was hoping Butch and DP would change places, but Shannon said Butch and Brendan will be bringing us games all season long, so obviously it's not that.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I was hoping Butch and DP would change places, but Shannon said Butch and Brendan will be bringing us games all season long, so obviously it's not that.

I don't think Shannon would be privy to personnel changes. I also don't think they would have a tweet for something like that. I imagine it's the radio thing...still not worth a tweet lol.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Something about streaming all Islanders games on Twitter. That's my guess.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Maybe the announcement is less games on TV. If you wanna see the ielses when they're at home, you have to come to Barclays. Similar to what they did in Chicago back in the day.
The end result of that was fans violently jeering through a moment of silence when old man Wirtz died.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'd be thrilled if WFAN carried the games. I could actually listen to it in the car. That other nonsense doesn't travel as far south as WFAN does.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

I'd say sign me up for that, but alas it will not be the case.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Maybe MSG gives the Isles a dedicated channel, like MSG2 or 2+. It'd be nice to always be on 1 channel and not have to go on safari to find whatever dump channel they throw them on when they decide to show 3 Rags and 2 Devils feeds at the same time.
Not being on a freakin' college radio station would be nice too.

Would they call it the Barclay's Channel, lol. Hate playing on a channel named after the arena that our biggest rival plays in.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I'd be thrilled if WFAN carried the games. I could actually listen to it in the car. That other nonsense doesn't travel as far south as WFAN does.
It wouldn't make up for them getting rid of the Mets and replacing them with the pinstriped scum and their human irritant of an announcer and ruining my summers. But it would be a start.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Is it too much to hope that they will announce they aren't renewing their deal with MSG and will be broadcast on some other channel that doesn't fap to pictures of Henrik Lundqvist showering?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad