News Article: Yinzer moms mad at Sid for cutting line

NTP 3

Aug 19, 2010
I still can't believe how this is newsworthy and even more surprised by how big it has gotten.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
Sid scores and skates ahead of everyone to the bench.

"Steiggy, there'll be some news stories about him cuttin' in front of that line, eh?" - Bob Errey

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
If we're listing Sid's crimes against humanity, he also swept the leg

pp0186.jpg

That was my entry into an old Puck Daddy photoshop contest.:laugh:

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Where was the PG when Jagr was racking up "excused" speeding tickets like deli numbers???

Now THAT IS SPECIAL TREAMENT! Not taking a well known person out of a line to prevent a mob scene.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I can't believe the PG posted another follow up article aside from Shelly's.

America is about equal justice and treatment for its people. It's not about government agencies granting privileges to some, even if they are magnificent skaters.

You can't make this **** up. :laugh:

open0rclosed

Nov 29, 2006
How embarrassing that this is still a story and how big it has gotten. Philly.com of course has gleefully chimed in as well. Eight years in the Burgh and THIS is Crosby's biggest misstep (it's not even a misstep, he was doing what DMV asked him to, but here we are..) speaks volumes about how he handles himself off-ice. Way to go, Pittsburgh moms and PPG, for going out of your way to make a class act look like arrogant and selfish. I feel bad that Sid is the one that is getting raked over the coals for the DMV's policy. Shame that it was Sid in who got caught in Mrs Campbell or whatever's whinefest. If only it was Big Ben.

There's some really good comments on Shelly's article. This was a comment left on ESPN's article. Who knows if true but worth repeating...

Traci Leigh · Cranberry Township, Butler County, Pennsylvania
What the media didn't report is that I AM THE PERSON HE CUT DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF to get his picture taken, he did wait in a separate conference room & was kind and thankful to me. He waited in a separate area to avoid chaos. Me. Crosby was a nice man. Period. Get real people.

Last edited:

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008
Why can't Sid just be like all of the other major sports icons who take steroids and cheat on their wives?

The Doof Warrior

Jan 12, 2009
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...-therefore-terrible-180535678.html#more-64966

Haha.

Maybe someone can enlighten me, but what was this woman doing so wrong that she was at the DMV for an hour and a half (and why did her 20 year old daughter need assistance renewing her license)?

My experiences at various Pennsylvania DMV offices renewing licenses or getting a lost license replaced are two fold:

1) the workers are jerks
2) I'm never there longer than, like, 10 minutes, but it's usually more like 5 minutes

This applies to the Bridgeville DMV, the one near Gateway Plaza and the one on I think Bigelow (or is it Baum? one out past Shadyside).

Edit: come to think of it, I might have an idea. I was at the DMV one time where someone renewed their license, decided they didn't like the picture and came in demanding a re-do. The people who work there were p-i-s-s-e-d pissed. Something like that is the only possible explanation as to why Mrs. Campbell would be there for 90 minutes and have to wait in two lines. Even people who are there for legal violations get in and out quicker.

I couldn't agree more. When renewing my license I don't think it's ever taken more than 10-15 minutes maximum with waiting and getting processed. NO WAY should it take two trips, mom and daughter probably forgot something, or around an hour long. Sounds like bull crap to me.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I live very close to that DMV and average waits over the years would be in the 30-45 minute range. Workers neither friendly nor unfriendly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad