Post-Game Talk: Yikes. Pens struggle against a formidable Detroit Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I think it’s time to break up the lines and get actually creative.

But more importantly it’s time to stop letting in 4 goals every game.

Reactions: Badfish87

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Yeah, a “couple” of bad games...
How do you define a "couple" then? 5? 6? 7? More? Because I described a "couple" anywhere between 3 and 8.

Anyways, I'll stop replying to you here, as it's on a bad path.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Pens lost a significant portion of their 5v5 goal differential when they traded Cole. This team lives and dies via the PP and can barely keep even at 5v5. Couple that with a PK clicking at 70% (again missing Cole), and you have what you just saw. We are 22nd in 5v5 GF% and all the teams below us have already been eliminated from the PO. There are even teams above us that have been eliminated.

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017
How do you define a "couple" then? 5? 6? 7? More? Because I described a "couple" anywhere between 3 and 8.

Anyways, I'll stop replying to you here, as it's on a bad path.
Am I being disrespectful?

Look at their road record. Look st blowout losses to Chicago and Boston and so on.

It’s not just a couple stinkers here and there, and besides that, they’ve given up 57 goals in their last 15 games!

Reactions: Angrrus

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Pens lost a significant portion of their 5v5 goal differential when they traded Cole. This team lives and dies via the PP and can barely keep even at 5v5. Couple that with a PK clicking at 70% (again missing Cole), and you have what you just saw. We are 22nd in 5v5 GF% and all the teams below us have already been eliminated from the PO. There are even teams above us that have been eliminated.

How did they lose that with Cole? Sounds like they’ve been bad all year.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
200.gif

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I posted that in the GDT. I'd really love to know what others think. I know there are other issues. And the mix up front and collection of underachievers is pretty ugly there too. BUT, to a man, since the trade deadline, who hasn't ranged from underachieving to just plain awful on defense?

They are not all in, not at the start of the season, All-star break, TDL or now.

They gave the hometown fans a show with a winning record there. As soon as they traded Cole they were not all in, maybe, next year they are.

Reactions: farscape1 and KIRK

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Man, I love this forum some days.

Ian Cole is ****.

Call me when we get knocked out in the playoffs or don’t make it and I’ll take you seriously.

When your team was held together by a number 5 defenseman you were built entirely wrong in the first place. Ian Cole doesn’t drive the Penguins offense when they only have 13 shots after 45 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad