Post-Game Talk: Yikes. Pens struggle against a formidable Detroit Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Mod Warning: This thread is going to get ugly so we are going to start with a warning. Keep your emotions somewhat in check. If you cannot maintain any sense of control, just stay out. Thread bans will be quick.

I think the major disappointment is the Pens put this pressure on themselves. Didn't feel like showing up against a few crap teams. It's on them. Every game is officially a must-win now because of the situation they put themselves in. Shame on them. Shame on the leadership. The fact they didn't think it was going to happen is all on them. You have to have killer instinct in the NHL. They just don't.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
avZjrNH.gif

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Why would this get ugly? This team is ugly. It only hurts if you care. They don't. Why should we?

Reactions: Angrrus

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Hoping this team, big guns in particular, are just sorta relaxing until the post season.

Been ugly lately, but as long as we have Sid, Geno and Kessel, we have a shot. Doesn't matter how bad things may seem, just look at last season.

Reactions: HandshakeLin

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017
+This was just another meaningless regular season game.

+The switch will be flipped soon.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Probably not a good idea to limp onto the playoffs like these guys are.

I really don't think the mix is right this season. I would have much rather them not even make the playoffs and gain a chance at a top pick than lose in the 1st round.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Who's the best defenseman on the Pens right now and, forgetting salary and pedigree, what # would you assign to him?

Best I can guess . . . Dumoulin, playing like a #4 (maybe a #3 if I'm being generous).

Maatta is just brutal.

Letang is what he is, and that ain't good.

Schultz is getting a pass only because of Letang.

Ruh is making a case for Hunwick dressing.

Oleksiak is back to looking every bit as lost as he did in Dallas.

So, yeah, I suppose it's Dumo by default.

cc: @ColePens, @Scandale du Jour

I posted that in the GDT. I'd really love to know what others think. I know there are other issues. And the mix up front and collection of underachievers is pretty ugly there too. BUT, to a man, since the trade deadline, who hasn't ranged from underachieving to just plain awful on defense?

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Gonna be in a WC spot after the weekend. Heck, maybe during.

If they clinched early, they would lose ticket sales. The fans have success exhaustion. We wouldn't show up to games after the clinch. It's all part of the plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad