Post-Game Talk: Yes We Won! We Wo-on! We Wo-on! Unfortunately, I bet on the other team, so no pizza.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
matchups-2017-12-29-2017020582-NYIatWPG.png

And here we have the matchups. A couple of thoughts:

- Huddy did an excellent job with matching the defense pairings against the Isles' forwards. 44-8 on Tavares' case, Kulikov and Myers shadowing Barzal and co., and 7-3 taking care of the easier matchups.
- The battle of the shutdown lines went to us by a landslide. CLA kept up with a top 5 line in hockey, whereas CCC got absolutely filled.
- Perreault with one heck of a night across the board. His line was great all around, too.
- Unsurprisingly, the absence of the fourth line Jesus hurt Hendricks and Matthias.

Last edited:

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
I know I am speaking to deaf ears but I really like the balance of this team. Taking out guys like Hendricks and Tanev and putting in Dano (who's done jack squat with his opportunities) and Roslovic (right where he should be in his development path) is a mistake.

We're not all deaf. :nod:

I agree totally. To build a good contending team you need the right players to play a certain role not necessarily the most skilled player.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
And here we have the matchups. A couple of thoughts:

- Maurice did an excellent job with matching the defense pairings against the Isles' forwards. 44-8 on Tavares' case, Kulikov and Myers shadowing Barzal and co., and 7-3 taking care of the easier matchups.
- The battle of the shutdown lines went to us by a landslide. CLA kept up with a top 5 line in hockey, whereas CCC got absolutely filled.
- Perreault with one heck of a night across the board. His line was great all around, too.
- Unsurprisingly, the absence of the fourth line Jesus hurt Hendricks and Matthias.

Huddy does the D matching. Maurice handles the forward changes

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Playing Trouba and Morrissey against the other team's top lines is a brain fart?

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Report from ice level, what an experience, front row just to the right of the attack zone net. Helle was unreal last night, not just because of those highlight reel saves, mainly because of how positionally sound he was and his calmness in the crease. Sitting from that vantage point really gave me a huge appreciation for for how well he's tracking the puck and staying really quiet in the crease. He was impressive.

Trouba has an amazing stick, man he made some key plays in tight that made a huge difference.

Lowry is really developing into a major puck control player, he's ridiculous along the wall and his pursuit angles are amazing.

Copp is a very smart player, he's so aware out there.

Morrissey settles things down so much for the Jets, breakouts with him and Trouba on the ice are night and day.

Thought Myers was really good.

Man, no wonder Perreault gets hurt so much, that guy only has one speed, reckless. He was fun to watch.

Laine was very good, really made some great plays all over the ice and was dangerous on the rush.

Wheeler is simply unreal at creating space, so quick, so strong, amazing vision.

I could go on and on, saw so many good things, a real great perspective.

Loved how the Jets closed out that 3rd, great gaps, great support, great control.

Don't see this team imploding, they know how to play.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Another adjCorsi (56.39), xGF (50.7) and scorsi (66.7) win for the Jets:

WLOTPts%GFGADiff
adjCF% > 501453.7057650+26
xGF% > 501631.8257337+36
adjCF% < 50863.5595359-6
xGF% < 50685.4475672-16
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
One other major observation, holy f*** is Barzal one yappy dude. Not only because of his back and forth with Pate, he was in the refs ear all night.

Shut up already.

Reactions: Jets 31

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad