Yes or no... Adam Larsson for Nail Yakupov?

• Thread starter DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
  • Start date

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Henrique has 8 assists in 68 games the last two seasons, that's bad...there's no denying that. Of course everyone's assist total is going to suffer when the whole team can't score though. He did have 35 in 74 games his rookie season with 9/17.

But Henrique still has 33 goals in 143 NHL games. Josefson has 6 in 101 NHL games. That's a pretty big difference.

Is Henrique a winger or a center in your opinion?

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
are we really comparing Henrique and Josefson? I have been one of Jake's biggest defenders, but really?

No. The question was whether or not you'd trade Henrique for Yak, consider you have a player who could fill in for Henrique in Jake.

I don't think we'd miss as much as many think if we traded Henrique for Yak and slotted Jake in Henrique's slot.

And I was someone who two weeks ago wouldn't do the trade. Henrique hasn't shown me a damn thing since 9/17 left.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013

That's fair. Though i think acquiring Yak (who does it better than Henrique) and slotting Josefson in Henrique's role improves the team far more than just having Henrique collect a paycheck (because aside from tonight he's been pretty invisible in the goals department).

Adam is still riding his rookie season. And I think people are really holding out hope that he approaches that again. I haven't see it yet.

So I certainly do trade Henrique for Yak (assuming I don't have to add a young D) without hesitation. Because Yak will score far more than Henrique ever will and Josefson can fill in nicely defensively and in the circle. Oh and Josefson will actually play center. Henrique has played wing quite a bit and I think that's where Pete likes him because of his lack of playmaking.

apice3*

Get off Henrique for a second. No one is disagreeing he's under performing.

What has Josefson done to prove he is an all situations 2nd/3rd line player? I'm one of JJ's biggest supporters here but that is a ridiculous expectation right now.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Get off Henrique for a second. No one is disagreeing he's under performing.

What has Josefson done to prove he is an all situations 2nd/3rd line player? I'm one of JJ's biggest supporters here but that is a ridiculous expectation right now.

He hasn't really been given an adequate opportunity. And I'm a lot lower on Josefson than you are believe it or not.

What I would ask Josefson to do is fill in for Henrique at center, play the PK, and play solid defense. That's something I believe he can match. Josefson isn't the scorer Henrique is, but he's still very good in the offensive zone (possession play, playmaking) or at least he was before he was juggled by our idiotic coaches.

If we do move Henrique for Yak, Yak can take the PP minutes. Even though I think JJ can fill in on the PP just fine too.

He hasn't done a damn thing to demonstrate he's even a 2nd or third line player to be honest. But all Henrique has proved is that he can center a top line with 9/17. Outside of that, what has Henrique proven to warrant this faith?

If we're moving for an offensive guy we have to trade either Henrique or one of our young D. And to be honest I like our young D more than I like Henrique. To me, Henrique is looking like a winger who can pot 20. That's valuable but not more valuable than the young D we have. If Henrique gets you Yak I think you pull the trigger and you give Josefson a fair shake as an everyday player. He might pleasantly surprise a lot of people.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Henrique is 23 and in only his 2nd FULL season in the NHL. Lets pump the brakes before getting too down on him.

I still don't see how flipping him for Yakupov helps us considering our center depth would absolutely awful. Zajac-Josefson-Loktionov-Gionta down the middle would be pitiful.

B A T M A N

A lot of love for Josefson in this thread. Especially considering he still hasn't put up anything at ALL on the scoreboard this year in ten games.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I mean I'm not exactly opposed to trading Henrique in the right deal, though his value's probably at a low right now with his pricey new contract. I'm just not doing it under the premise that JJ is going to be the replacement.

Plus Lou's not trading him 1/3 of a season into a six-year deal anyway, this isn't Paul Holmgren here.

Last edited:

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
I really cannot believe this board. Who in the hell would trade Yakupov who has the potential to be a next Ovechkin for Adam Henrique with the potential to be a 2nd line center at best.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I really cannot believe this board. Who in the hell would trade Yakupov who has the potential to be a next Ovechkin for Adam Henrique with the potential to be a 2nd line center at best.

HF, where potential > actual results.

if Yak ever becomes half of what Ovechkin is I will eat my hat.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Yak put up 31 points in 48 games (17G 14A) and has 9 points (4/5) in 25 this year.

He did the former at 19 years of age.

Adam has 9 points in 26 games this year.

So the reality of Adam and the reality of Yak might be a lot closer than a lot of people think. Granted the defensive superiority of a Henrique closes the gap.

But for a team in need of offense, that 19 year old Yak was a monster and has the potential to be a franchise player.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
HF, where potential > actual results.

if Yak ever becomes half of what Ovechkin is I will eat my hat.

I don't see Yak as the next Ovechkin either, but the guy was a #1 overall pick and is having a pretty typical career progression for a #1 overall pick, and people are seriously entertaining the idea that he's close in value to Henrique? Madness, I say, madness!

At least Larsson is in the same ballpark in terms of value.

Yak put up 31 points in 48 games (17G 14A) and has 9 points (4/5) in 25 this year.

He did the former at 19 years of age.

Adam has 9 points in 26 games this year.

So the reality of Adam and the reality of Yak might be a lot closer than a lot of people think. Granted the defensive superiority of a Henrique closes the gap.

But for a team in need of offense, that 19 year old Yak was a monster and has the potential to be a franchise player.

Henrique is also 23, while Yak just turned 20 last month. That's a huge difference in the development of a young forward. Henrique is much closer to a finished product.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I don't see Yak as the next Ovechkin either, but the guy was a #1 overall pick and is having a pretty typical career progression for a #1 overall pick, and people are seriously entertaining the idea that he's close in value to Henrique? Madness, I say, madness!

At least Larsson is in the same ballpark in terms of value.

Pretty much. But ZBC is more results oriented then potential oriented. So I can see his perspective and it certainly has merit. His view is a lot safer than guys banking on Yak to grow.

Henrique's ceiling is nowhere close to Yak's, in my opinion, but he seems like the safer bet to be a consistent NHL player (insert all of Yak's "troubles").

I don't think Henrique alone gets you Yak but if it does you do it. And if you have to add a pick and a prospect you do it too.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
trading Henrique for Yak makes absolutely no sense organizationally. none. you dont trade from your weakness to acquire a more unknown quantity. if youre doing that, you trade from strength.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
trading Henrique for Yak makes absolutely no sense organizationally. none. you dont trade from your weakness to acquire a more unknown quantity. if youre doing that, you trade from strength.

It's pretty irrelevant since Edmonton would hang up the phone laughing, but if you can get a potential future gamebreaker for a package centered around the Henrique, you do it every time. I like Henrique, but he's not even close to irreplaceable.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Ya I don't think henrique would do it either. But I wouldn't want to anyway.

This Josefson discussion sure is something though lol. Does he even have a point this year? Not even factoring how he gets rubbed off the puck along the walls so often; great recipe for a top 2 lines player.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I can understand that certain posters aren't in love with the idea of moving Larsson but saying no to a Henrique for Yakupov move is nothing short of comical.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I can understand that certain posters aren't in love with the idea of moving Larsson but saying no to a Henrique for Yakupov move is nothing short of comical.

yep, comical. trading one of our only good young forwards for a HUGE question mark with attitude problems is surely the best thing to do.

do you not understand the concept of trading from strength? forward is our weakest organizational position. we need to ADD to it.

then when Yak bolts to Russia, I'm sure you'll find a way to blame Lou for that too.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
yep, comical. trading one of our only good young forwards for a HUGE question mark with attitude problems is surely the best thing to do.

do you not understand the concept of trading from strength? forward is our weakest organizational position. we need to ADD to it.

then when Yak bolts to Russia, I'm sure you'll find a way to blame Lou for that too.

So your issue is basically that you think Yak will bolt for Russia? I mean, it's possible, but as of now, there have only been two notable Russian NHLers who bolted to Russia right? (Kovalchuk and Radulov) And yes, I realize that there are rumors on the main boards that Yak could go back to Russia, but I haven't seen anything even close to a good source on it.

I mean, it's silly to talk about in a way because I can't see NJ being willing to give up what it requires to get Yak - would I trade Larsson for Yak? Probably not; at least not this season. But Henrique - a guy who looks like a third line talent right now and whose ceiling is a solid second liner?

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
So your issue is basically that you think Yak will bolt for Russia? I mean, it's possible, but as of now, there have only been two notable Russian NHLers who bolted to Russia right? (Kovalchuk and Radulov) And yes, I realize that there are rumors on the main boards that Yak could go back to Russia, but I haven't seen anything even close to a good source on it.

I mean, it's silly to talk about in a way because I can't see NJ being willing to give up what it requires to get Yak - would I trade Larsson for Yak? Probably not; at least not this season. But Henrique - a guy who looks like a third line talent right now and whose ceiling is a solid second liner?

Even if you dont consider the KHL threat, the kid doesnt play defense. Ever

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Even if you dont consider the KHL threat, the kid doesnt play defense. Ever

hai

Pavel-Bure-canucks.jpg

hobgoblin933

Jun 22, 2011
Cohoes, NY
I can get behind the idea of trading Larsson for a forward of comparable value/upside, but I'm extremely apprehensive about doing so for Yakupov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad