Yes or no... Adam Larsson for Nail Yakupov?

• Thread starter DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
  • Start date

apice3*

The three views in this thread:

Yakupov is bolting to Russia as a free agent
Yakupov is another Brunner
Yakupov is 40 goal scorer

Not sure which of these 3 views is most ridiculous.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF

1. Noone said hes definitely bolting as a free agent. You can bolt during contracts as well remember
3. I was given 17G in 48GP as a reference point by another poster. I generously rounded up. and since everyone on HF gets shot down by taking unproven potential as a given, im not willing to assume he becomes a +40 scorer off the bat

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I honestly think Yakupov can be a legit condidate for the rocket Richard in a couple of years. The kid has all the tools you want in a sniper, so I don't see how that statement is ridiculous at all, so if you wouldn't mind explaning your point, I'd like to hear it.

1. Noone said hes definitely bolting as a free agent. You can bolt during contracts as well remember
3. I was given 17G in 48GP as a reference point by another poster. I generously rounded up. and since everyone on HF gets shot down by taking unproven potential as a given, im not willing to assume he becomes a +40 scorer off the bat

Are we talking about the same board who taged Larsson as the next Lidstrom? Granted, the "Lidstrom" hype came from everyone and anyone but that's what the media get's paid to do, speculate and drive the hype train to the next station. I guess unproven potential for our guys is more concrete then unproven potential for the rest of the league?

Both players have the talent to be something special... or not. That's why this type of proposition makes it fair for both clubs and would add some balance to both teams.

I'm not dead set on Yakupov at all but he is the only player who's kind of available and has the highest ceilling in terms of potential, who's also just 20 years old.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL

Four actually.

"Yakupov might be a nice player but would get destroyed by this coaching regime."

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah I don't think 1 and 3 are ridiculous at all...except in the case of 1 Yakupov doesn't have to wait till he's a FA to bolt. 3 he certainly has the potential to be Kovy-like on as well as off the ice (though Kovy even as a teen never struggled to the degree that Yak has this year and he had NO coaching either) :P

2's probably a bit of an overstatement, but he was being compared to other players who are one-dimensional that aren't really working out here. Obviously Yakupov has more talent than Ryder/Brunner but the point still remains that one-dimensional players generally don't work out on our team, at least not with this regime (Lou). Even Kovy had his issues though he did try to get better at the other end of the ice, at least under Lemaire and in '11-12.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I don't necessarily want this trade to be done but I do really think we should trade one of our young high end d prospects for the best offensive prospect/young player we can. I'm so sick of our crap forward core. We need some talent infused into this crap.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I sincerely would do Henrique for Yak now. I wouldn't have done it a couple of weeks ago but I think Josefson is as good of a player as Henrique now.

Given the value of Henrique is much higher I would move Henrique for Yak and wouldn't bat an eyelash. Would then give Josefson Henrique's responsibilities and I am pretty sure Henrique won't be missed.

Not trade Merrill, Gelly, Larsson, Severson, Santini. That's the future. We build from the back.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Henrique for Yak isnt gonna go through alone. Oilers are gonna want extra and probably from our back end

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Henrique for Yak isnt gonna go through alone. Oilers are gonna want extra and probably from our back end

Henrique, Fayne is all I will do.

The more I watch Henrique and JaJo play the more I find myself thinking that they're practically the same player. One just had the fortune, and that's what it was, of playing with two of the best wingers in franchise history.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
Uhm the Oilers would never do Henrique for Yakupov. Henrique is no where near the talent level Yakupov has.

It would take the Devils at least Henrique and Larsson for Yakupov.

apice3*

I honestly think Yakupov can be a legit condidate for the rocket Richard in a couple of years. The kid has all the tools you want in a sniper, so I don't see how that statement is ridiculous at all, so if you wouldn't mind explaning your point, I'd like to hear it.

Because a lot of people are referring to Yakupov as a proven goal scorer. A few pages back, someone called him a consistent 30 goal scorer.

Potential is one thing. I get that he has the tools to do it, but some in this thread are describing him as a lock for 40 goals. The kid hasn't even played 75 games and he is very close to having a larger minus rating than career goals scored.

Here's the problem I have with Yakupov. You can't deny his defensive issues, for one. Now, of course there are players like Malkin and Ovechkin who are far from defensive wonders, but they also score at a much higher clip and their elite offense makes up for it. Yakupov isn't even close to being there yet. Also, he had 17 goals in 48 games last year which is really good, until you add his 21% shooting percentage. That's impossible to sustain. And now that he is down to a more normal 9%, he has 4 goals in 21 games.

Yak is probably somewhere in the middle of it, but the biggest red flag for me is that he doesn't even average 2 shots a game in his career to this point. For a player who is a liability on D and is touted as a goal scorer and offensive talent on a heavy offensive team, he has not generated a lot of chances. That's very alarming.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
henrique for yakupov now. ok.
id rather try and get hall here and put those two back together. since were talking in hypotheticals. dealing henrique is mental. wtf

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
henrique for yakupov now. ok.
id rather try and get hall here and put those two back together. since were talking in hypotheticals. dealing henrique is mental. wtf

Wait trading a defense first forward for an offense first forward is mental?

Especially when Jake could probably do what Henrique does.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think Henrique is much better than Jake.

Stop. Josefson isn't half the offensive player Henrique is.

I don't even know how it's debatable that Josefson is nearly at the level of Henrique offensively. Now I have seen people say they think Josefson has the more upside, and might top out better. I really don't see that either.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Right because Henrique has shown incredible offensive ability aside from the one year he played with Parise and Kovy :sarcasm:

If Jake had those two we're having an entirely different conversation. Henrique has limited creativity and has the benefit of playing on the PP.

What does Henrique do better than Jake on offense? Well, so much better that it's not even cloes?

Last edited:

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Since our two mama's boys left Henrique: 68 GP 25 points. Subtract PP: -4 (this season) and -4 last year.

That's 68 GP and a stupendous 17 points.

Jake for his career 101 GP 22 Points.

Adam Henrique TOI since his rookie season on the PP: 112 minutes last year, 57 minutes this year

357 minutes ES this year
584 last year.

Total 941 minutes and 17 points even strength in 68

Jake? 1250 career minutes in 100 games

If Henrique was that much better the gap would be far more significant for one. And if Josefson wasn't yoyo'd and played with subpar players (whereas Henrique has played with actual NHL players) we would be having a completely different conversation. Henrique is played on the PP, extensively and still sucks.

To keep it simple: If there is a gap between Henrique and Josefson, which fair enough it's probably most intelligent to just defer to Henrique here, it's not big. And it's questionable since Henrique has only ever produced at a much higher rate than Josefson with 2 guys that are no longer here. Not only that, but Henrique has had every opportunity to perform while Josefson has had limited opportunities. When I watch them play I sincerely don't see much of a difference.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The whole 'if he was only with stars' argument only goes so far. Zajac was with Kovalchuk and did nothing. Loiktionov has had Elias/Jagr/Kovy and had very little point production.

Henrique has actually scored goals in the NHL, something Josefson has never done. Henrique's not a great offensive player on the whole (frighteningely few assists are what's really dragged down his point total since 9/17 left) and he certainly has to produce more, but he's still a better offensive player than Josefson.

The 50-point season (plus 13 in the playoffs when he wasn't always with 9/17) can't be completely wiped off the boards you know, it clearly shows Henrique has 'some' talent, just like Zajac's 60-point seasons showed he had the talent in him and now he's finally got the line that can bring it out of him again. If Josefson had all this untapped offensive talent to be a top six player, he would have shown it somewhere along the way including the minors.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Right because Henrique has shown incredible offensive ability aside from the one year he played with Parise and Kovy :sarcasm:

If Jake had those two we're having an entirely different conversation. Henrique has limited creativity and has the benefit of playing on the PP.

What does Henrique do better than Jake on offense? Well, so much better that it's not even cloes?
Henrique has been a hell of a lot better offensively last year and this year than Josefson has. Not saying Henrique has been great either, but better than Josefson.

Henrique is second on the team in goals scored I believe. How many goals does Josefson have? How many points does Josefson have?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Henrique has 8 assists in 68 games the last two seasons, that's bad...there's no denying that. Of course everyone's assist total is going to suffer when the whole team can't score though. He did have 35 in 74 games his rookie season with 9/17.

But Henrique still has 33 goals in 143 NHL games. Josefson has 6 in 101 NHL games. That's a pretty big difference.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
hes never going to be a big assist guy, especially right now since we dont have many good wingers

but he will be a solid goal scorer

trading Henrique for Yak right now makes absolutely no sense for us. none.

but HF, and youth and new things, etc. I guess

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Not saying that he hasn't been better offensively nor that he isn't better offensively. The gap isn't large enough for me to warrant him a keeper.

He's Josefson with more offense and less skill in the circle. He's deployed as a winger because of his lack of creativity.

And I still firmly believe if Josefson had that talent around him he produces similar numbers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad