Post-Game Talk: Yeah baby

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Anyone think they will come out flat against Philly? First game back after a loooong roadtrip... tired legs, jet lag, not used to playing at JLA etc...

Yep this is exactly what i'm fearing as well, Hopefully it will only be the 1st period at worst and we can still keep the score low. Jet lag is always a concern after a 4 game west coast road trip.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Anyone think they will come out flat against Philly? First game back after a loooong roadtrip... tired legs, jet lag, not used to playing at JLA etc...

Legs shouldn't be tired, 2 games in 6 days with 2 off in between each.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Flyers also play a desperate Rangers team. I'd be surprised if the Red Wings don't get two points.

redwingsphan

Apr 25, 2014

They may come out flat, but I don't think jet lag is an excuse. It's not much more than 3 hours and it's only 2 time zones.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
No better place that I love winning than in Arizona. And if you have the ability, you HAVE to listen to the whining that Tyson Nash does after the 2nd goal. Of course, they only show half of the play with their replay, but Nash is pure gold for being Captain Looney Tunes as far as the laws of physics and the cause-effect relationship. No team deserves a "better" color analyst than Doan and his "Yotes". Ugh...the sooner they said their "I'm with Tyson Nash" image and hand the team over to their youth, the better they will be for the long term.

So glad to see Nyquist get going toward the net again and Larkin/Mrazek have been sensational all year.

Time to send Jurco and Smith away and give them a chance to resurrect their careers somewhere else. Time's up.

It's not like Doan didn't hold Mrazek back with his stick on the 2nd Yotes goal

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi

Its actually been a long documented fact that the 1st game of a west coast road trip, and the 1st game back at home is a pretty big deal for disadvantages. So it is probably very likely they look like they are not clicking on all cylinders for the flyers.

Actual Thought*

Its actually been a long documented fact that the 1st game of a west coast road trip, and the 1st game back at home is a pretty big deal for disadvantages. So it is probably very likely they look like they are not clicking on all cylinders for the flyers.

Especially after playing a strong series. There always seems to be a bit of a collective sigh afterwards. IIRC last year around this time they had a very similar strong western trip and they hit a major slump afterwards.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

There was an article last year about Lebron James, the minutes he was playing, and how his effectiveness was so impressive given the physical/mental stresses he was playing through, and the effects of travel was mentioned in it. And it's worse heading west than east. Have to wonder how much we were handicapped all of those years when we had to go out to LA, Anaheim, SJ, etc. for the playoffs. The ability to maintain a high level of play, while traveling that much, and in a condensed schedule, borders on superhuman.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
There was an article last year about Lebron James, the minutes he was playing, and how his effectiveness was so impressive given the physical/mental stresses he was playing through, and the effects of travel was mentioned in it. And it's worse heading west than east. Have to wonder how much we were handicapped all of those years when we had to go out to LA, Anaheim, SJ, etc. for the playoffs. The ability to maintain a high level of play, while traveling that much, and in a condensed schedule, borders on superhuman.

Imagine the cups we get if we're in the east

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England

Yeah, its pretty much a proven fact (not just in hockey) that travelling one way has a much worse effect on performance than the other.

And the "first game back after a road trip" syndrome is also a real thing. I don't know why, it just is.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Seemed pretty early in the game. He was hitting people, getting into it physically from the first period from what i can recall.

You can sense his frustration. He wants the puck. He wants to win. And he wants to win because they played right, not because Mrazek is a beast. I hope Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Nyquist take note. We need them to get as pissed as Dats was last night.
He always play good vs them. I believe he has the most points vs them in his career.

both Jurco and Smith and Aby are very important for this mostly soft team
Ericsson too.
We most probably will, a little advantage is 2 days off.
Flyers also play a desperate Rangers team. I'd be surprised if the Red Wings don't get two points.
It will be much tougher. If we can get a point it will be great.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan

agreed. i don't think it's a coincidence that in years they won the cup, they only had to go to the west coast for one series or not at all

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009

Ridiculous that AM is sitting again. Getting pulks back should be good....who sits? Andy seems likely, move Larkin to the pk?

Abby-Z-Nyquist
Pulks-Dats-Tats
Richards-Sheahan-Larkin
Helm-Glenny-Jurco

Maybe switch Helm/Pulks. Honestly would kind iike seeing Jurco get some minutes on a better line after last game.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington

Ridiculous that AM is sitting again. Getting pulks back should be good....who sits? Andy seems likely, move Larkin to the pk?

Abby-Z-Nyquist
Pulks-Dats-Tats
Richards-Sheahan-Larkin
Helm-Glenny-Jurco

Maybe switch Helm/Pulks. Honestly would kind iike seeing Jurco get some minutes on a better line after last game.

Like those lines. I'd consider flipping Pookie and Larkin.

Probie

Feb 19, 2009
Vancouver Is, Canada

Abby-Z-Nyquist
Pulks-Dats-Tats
Richards-Sheahan-Larkin
Helm-Glenny-Jurco

Agreed on AM.

Defense needs to be reconstructed. Wont happen though. Too many assets down on the farm about to lose waiver elig next year too, better not have all these guys get waived too. XO could have been playing since last year IMO.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
So, you're not the opinion that Big E and Smith weren't even close to AM before Blash decided to sit him?

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
How good are Marchenko and XO going to be if they can't even beat anyone for a spot this year?

I'd say Marchenko has been a lot better than Smith and Ericsson, this is hardly on him It's an illogical decision. I imagine Ouellet would be one of our 6 best defensemen too, because I've always been of the opinion that he is better than Marchenko. So.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
The game is not in Philadelphia so we have a good chance, travel be damned.

Frustrating that Marchenko is viewed as the odd man out but I think its fair to argue, "When Smith is going, he is better." The rest of the group are automatically in the lineup.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad