Player Discussion Yak Talk Part V: So Very Tired

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
So Yak may be off to Chicago, hmmm ... guaranteed we lose that trade and Yak turns into the next Panarin. Chicago doesn't lose trades, the Oilers don't win them.

You're strange in your ideas about the team. I also don't know why you care anymore seeing as you don't spend money on them.

Either way, the Oilers are on the wrong end of this, but they've done fine in trades. It just requires perspective.

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
1 win out of 50. Great ratio.

Are you the kind of fan who thinks we lost the Dubnyk trade?

We're taking assets with no chance of succeeding here, and turning them into pieces that could work for us. Who cares what happens elsewhere?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Look at what they have left from Sharp and Johns just one year later.

and the Ladd trade. Contenders lose trades more than any other kind of team, and that's a fact. They are constantly giving up picks for rentals, and it usually doesn't work out.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
630 Ched's daily bash Yak segment is on again.
Apparently there is a "Yak supporter" group that he wants to get back at..

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
So Yak may be off to Chicago, hmmm ... guaranteed we lose that trade and Yak turns into the next Panarin. Chicago doesn't lose trades, the Oilers don't win them.

Yeah man MPS is just tearing it up in STL isn't he.

Carolina Hurricanes acquire
Bryan Bickell
Teuvo Teravainen

Chicago Blackhawks acquire
2016 2nd round pick
2017 3rd round pick

Some stellar returns here.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
lol, wow what a crap way for your birthday to go. Hordes of Oiler fans chomping at the bit to have him traded for prospects no one has even heard of before today.

Hey that's not fair! I swear I saw Van Riemsdyk's name on a HERO chart once...

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
You're strange in your ideas about the team. I also don't know why you care anymore seeing as you don't spend money on them.

Either way, the Oilers are on the wrong end of this, but they've done fine in trades. It just requires perspective.

Jimmi, you do know they will set an NHL record for futility this year? If that is what "they've done fine in trades" means, the you are the one who is "strange in your ideas about the team".

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Jimmi, you do know they will set an NHL record for futility this year? If that is what "they've done fine in trades" means, the you are the one who is "strange in your ideas about the team".

I love how you have more faith that Yakupov will figure it out before the Oilers do. I'm very curious what you base this on.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Guy who said he'd burn his season tickets (never did) is also saying that Yakupov will be the next Panarin.

Forget that Nail hasn't hit 40 points yet.

Right.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Guy who said he'd burn his season tickets (never did) is also saying that Yakupov will be the next Panarin.

Forget that Nail hasn't hit 40 points yet.

Right.

Nail was on pace for 29 goals and 53 pts in his rookie season.

It's really not a far stretch to think he could find that kind of success again.

Ohhh boy :eek:I'm going to get it now...lol. Go easy boys.:punk:

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
McDavid was interviewed by Reid Wilkins on Oilers Now and he was asked what it means to be the Captain. The first thing he spoke about was about giving everyone a voice in the room so that nobody feels left out. Something to that effect. Was this a reference to the long rumoured rift between Yak and other teammates(Hall)?

Absof***ing looting. Asta la vista Hall!!

and Happy Bday Yaks

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Did I read this right?

No kidding. They've lost a ton of trades. Just last year they lost the Sharp trade getting Daley who was garbage for them. Then they lost the Daley trade taking back the ancient Scuderi while Daley found his game in Pitts. Then they traded Scuderi with salary retained for Erhoff who is now looking for a job.

They also gave up a ton for a rental in Ladd who underwhelmed.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Nail was on pace for 29 goals and 53 pts in his rookie season.

It's really not a far stretch to think he could find that kind of success again.

Ohhh boy :eek:I'm going to get it now...lol. Go easy boys.:punk:

On pace is great. It's awesome for propping players.

Rookie season was four years ago. Hasn't come close to that since.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
No kidding. They've lost a ton of trades. Just last year they lost the Sharp trade getting Daley who was garbage for them. Then they lost the Daley trade taking back the ancient Scuderi while Daley found his game in Pitts. Then they traded Scuderi with salary retained for Erhoff who is now looking for a job.

They also gave up a ton for a rental in Ladd who underwhelmed.

Don't forget the brilliant salary dump of Bryan Bickell which cost them Teravainen.

But hey, it's that's poster MO to show up when something bad happens.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I I haven't read all this thread and I don't really want to. I've heard enough Yak bashing to last a lifetime. I haven't really kept up with the trade tumors this training camp. I've just been waiting for the regular season to start and I've been focusing on the Jays.

Is it really a given that Yak will be traded before the season starts? I had hoped that he'd at least get the start of the year here as a last chance. I really wanted to see how he'd perform with what looks like a very different environment in the locker room and around the team in general. If he gets moved and it doesn't happen, then so be it but I really was hoping to see it.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I I haven't read all this thread and I don't really want to. I've heard enough Yak bashing to last a lifetime. I haven't really kept up with the trade tumors this training camp. I've just been waiting for the regular season to start and I've been focusing on the Jays.

Is it really a given that Yak will be traded before the season starts? I had hoped that he'd at least get the start of the year here as a last chance. I really wanted to see how he'd perform with what looks like a very different environment in the locker room and around the team in general. If he gets moved and it doesn't happen, then so be it but I really was hoping to see it.

Short answer is no. Puljujarvi hasn't earned his spot on the roster and the injuries on the team right now pretty much pencil Yalupov on to the third line beside Leon.

And the difference between what's potentially available on the waiver wire is negligible compared to the rumored Ville Pokka return. If I had to choose between Ville Pokka or Nail Yakupov and a guy like Ryan Sproul, I take the latter ten times out of ten.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad