OT: Yahoo Fantasy Hockey/NHL Video Game Thread

The Dark Passenger

HFNYR Blues GM
Jan 7, 2010
Vermont -> Florida

Rotisserie: say theres 12 teams. Scoring is done like each weak. Who ever has the most goals for the week gets 12 points, whoever got the second most goals gets 11, etc etc etc all the way down to 1 point. Other catagories are usually, assists, points, +/-, PIM, power play points, and for goalies, wins, GAA, and saves.

Head to head: each week you get a match up with an opponent, whoever gets the most points based on the same categories above gets a win.

Custom: Points based on whatever categories you want, can be head to head or rotisserie.

AJRanger

Sep 21, 2008
Essex
twitter.com
I've only ever played H2H but it probably wouldn't be too hard to get used to roto if that's what people agreed upon. Live drafts are better, I'll just drag myself up for it.

Schweiker17

Apr 29, 2009
New Jersey
Personally I prefer head to head leagues...I find it to be a little easier.

A live draft would probably be better but considering that people are in different time zones that could create some problems in choosing a good time for everyone.

i agree with head to head leagues, and live drafts are enjoyable

I Am Chariot

One shift at a time
Mar 19, 2006
Generally HF seems to like Head to Head, although I prefer the Roto leagues since you go up agaist the best players every night.

One of my main reasons to join a league is it gives me a reason to watch those west coast games at Midnight. A bit more intriguing when its your team against everybody in a one season league

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Keeper League

I was able to create a Keeper League on Fantrax. 12 teams. PM ME if interested.

- Going to be head to head
- 8 Forward, 4 Defense, and 2 goalie positions with 6 reserve players
- 1pt for assists, 2pts for goals, 0.25 for SOG, 1 for +/-, 0.5 for PIMS, 5 for GWG, 5 for hat trick, 0.25 for saves, 8 for shutouts, -1 for goals allowed.
- 10 players are kept each off season.
- Live draft.
- 20 man roster.

Some general league vitals, can be changed once we have a full league.

PM ME if interested!

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Rotisserie: say theres 12 teams. Scoring is done like each weak. Who ever has the most goals for the week gets 12 points, whoever got the second most goals gets 11, etc etc etc all the way down to 1 point. Other catagories are usually, assists, points, +/-, PIM, power play points, and for goalies, wins, GAA, and saves.

Head to head: each week you get a match up with an opponent, whoever gets the most points based on the same categories above gets a win.

Custom: Points based on whatever categories you want, can be head to head or rotisserie.

Sounds like the better option... thanks for the clarification.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
Generally HF seems to like Head to Head, although I prefer the Roto leagues since you go up agaist the best players every night.

One of my main reasons to join a league is it gives me a reason to watch those west coast games at Midnight. A bit more intriguing when its your team against everybody in a one season league

I prefer Roto, too. You and I can start one up with all of the other weirdos. ;)

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Sent PM's to the guys who messaged me last night with the league sign-up info.

5 spots left in the Rangers Boards Keeper League. PM me if interested.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I'm in this year again too. Defrinatley want in on the HF Champions league. Also prefer head to head.

Who's the commish again this year?

Melrose_Jr.

Feb 27, 2002
Providence, RI
Visit site
I was able to create a Keeper League on Fantrax.

Should we make this just the "Fantasy" thread rather than the Yahoo Fantasy thread?

__

All right, if you were in a HFNYR Yahoo league last year, post your league's top 6 so we can sort out how many invites we can send out for Champs League this year.

Champs League:
  1. Jarmac
  2. Melrose_Jr.
  3. Chariot
  4. SPG
  5. Lion Hound
  6. The Monglobsters

HF1K:
  1. Shat Scar
  2. Garfinkel1
  3. NYRFAN218
  4. Gabborik
  5. Cynic's Bag O Dicks
  6. The Thomas J.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
What is a keepers league? I might be interested.

It runs for more then one season (Hopefully many, many years). You get to "keep" a certain number players from your team (Say 10 of the 20 man roster) and then the players that are not kept are put into a draft and another draft is held, along with an entry draft for the players that can be selected in the NHL entry draft.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Just two more spots left in the HFBoards Keeper League. PM Me if interested.

Also, for those who I responded back to a little while ago, please use your HFboards screenname when you register. Easier to keep track of things that way. Thanks!

MetalGodAOD*

Just two more spots left in the HFBoards Keeper League. PM Me if interested.

Also, for those who I responded back to a little while ago, please use your HFboards screenname when you register. Easier to keep track of things that way. Thanks!

There a way to change your team name after the fact? I missed this message before I registered. :(

Carlos Ranger

Zucc-a-Rella
Apr 9, 2007
NJ
Should we make this just the "Fantasy" thread rather than the Yahoo Fantasy thread?

__

All right, if you were in a HFNYR Yahoo league last year, post your league's top 6 so we can sort out how many invites we can send out for Champs League this year.

Champs League:
  1. Jarmac
  2. Melrose_Jr.
  3. Chariot
  4. SPG
  5. Lion Hound
  6. The Monglobsters

HF1K:
  1. Shat Scar
  2. Garfinkel1
  3. NYRFAN218
  4. Gabborik
  5. Cynic's Bag O Dicks
  6. The Thomas J.

HF1k champ checking in and ready to take on Champions League. :naughty:who runs it?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00