GDT: XIV | Malkin Vs Draisaitl | The Re-Beginining | Oilers @ Pens | 5:00PM SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Drai gave the puck away 3 times in the 2nd period alone by trying to be too cute in the neutral zone, and got stung on one goal against. Has to quit doing that crap, and get it in deep.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Ugly loss. Really unnecessary to swallow the GWG so close before OT. But.. Maroon - McD - Ebs seems like a good fit, looking forward to that. :nod:

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
The effort level and compete were right. That type of play is conducive to long-term success. The results will take care of themselves going forward, we're playing the right way.

I agree, especially in terms of the compete level. We were seemed a bit in over our heads on a few shifts, but kept skating and playing hard. That sort of compete will win us more games.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Back when we had Pronger playing 30 mins a game

If we had Russell ....Gryba plays less and no Benning.

Sekera i thought was VERY good tonight

Larsson beast

Nuge great

and top line was WOW

MCD needed to finish that gorgeous Maroon touch pass

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
2 games where we should come out with at least a point. This one stings even more considering the Oilers had a 3-1 lead

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
That was a win if we had Russell in the line up. Benning with turnovers leading to 2 goals and a couple penalties.

He was in over his head.

yeah our injuries are starting to show up.... losing a LOT of depth with our 8 regulars out.... davidson and russel are at worst our 3rd pairing, maybe 2nd pairing.... are we are missing almost our entire 4th line, and a good chunk of the 3rd line

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Ugly loss. Really unnecessary to swallow the GWG so close before OT. But.. Maroon - McD - Ebs seems like a good fit, looking forward to that. :nod:

Last season it was a good fit...Maroon was plus 8 i think and a point shy of PPG. This should have been the go to trio from the beginning. Maroon looks better than last year

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Oilers played a great game. Still some things to learn from Sid and the Champs though.

I'm fine with it.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
If we had Russell ....Gryba plays less and no Benning.

Sekera i thought was VERY good tonight

Larsson beast

Nuge great

and top line was WOW

MCD needed to finish that gorgeous Maroon touch pass

Maybe its just me but Benning > Gryba. Gryba is terrible out there

Sekera is by far the most frustrating player to watch in this team

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
2 games where we should come out with at least a point. This one stings even more considering the Oilers had a 3-1 lead

**** happens. We've lost 2 points we should have gotten, and we got 2 against Carolina that we didn't deserve. It sucks, but thats just the way it goes sometimes, unlucky bounces are part of hockey.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Frustrating how they lost against the laffs, rags and pens but I think most people would have said 2-2-1 was a reasonable projection for this road trip.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
Drai gave the puck away 3 times in the 2nd period alone by trying to be too cute in the neutral zone, and got stung on one goal against. Has to quit doing that crap, and get it in deep.

He's been doing that all year.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I agree, especially in terms of the compete level. We were seemed a bit in over our heads on a few shifts, but kept skating and playing hard. That sort of compete will win us more games.

That's the most important part, our compete level. Previously our team just quit and folded the tent, anyone who watches this team can see an obvious difference.

Kassian and Russell down certainly altered the outcome of that game. But the team played the right way, that effort and compete level will result in wins over the long term.

2-2-1 on the 5 game road trip. Move on, win the next one at home.

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
to lose 2 games within 4 games like this is simply unacceptable... shows just how far we have to go

Haha have you ever even seen a half full glass? it's post like this that have had me stearing clear of this site. They just went to the wire with probably the best team in the league on a 3 in 4 on the road and you are talking like the Oilers are garbage....

But I look forward to your breakdown.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad