GDT: XIV | Malkin Vs Draisaitl | The Re-Beginining | Oilers @ Pens | 5:00PM SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Tough game. Deserved at point.

But above all else I still love seeing an Oilers team that can go head to head with the cup champs the way they did tonight. I think too many of you have set your expectations so high that you forget these type of games have been no contest for 10 years.

ChokeOnOil

Lambs to Lions
Feb 11, 2007
Edmonton
Did you see how both the first 2 goals against were a result of turnovers that were un-needed?

You understand that turnovers happen in every game right? No team in the history of the game has zero turnovers. It doesn't happen. If you're gonna nitpick this harshly you'll never be happy.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
this was a good game.

We were 2-2-1 on this trip. Lots of people said this was an okay outcome.
That was before people knew the Oilers would be tied with the Rangers & Pens in the final two minutes and pissed away at least two points.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
should have got one point at least out of the rangers or penguins....boys played good both those games

nightfighter

Aug 31, 2008
depth of the pens really showed in this one. Mcdavid line was flying but the other lines didn't have any offensive presence at all. Both team's coaches probably didn't enoy it, but this was a super fun game to watch. Lots of speed, lots of chances at both ends.

kurtcobang

Feb 18, 2007
Thought we played awesome, we deserved a point tonight. Games like this motivate hopefully, but I wont complain about this effort

McspOiler

Feb 27, 2012
Victoria, BC
Play the best team in the NHL after 3 games in 4. Played then evenly till the 3rd. It hurts worse because I believe the team is good now. Guess I'm sold

JSlick

Oct 17, 2016
Edmonton
You understand that turnovers happen in every game right? No team in the history of the game has zero turnovers. It doesn't happen. If you're gonna nitpick this harshly you'll never be happy.

Exactly. Does't even mention the fact that the goals the Oilers scored were off of turnovers or simple mistakes the Pens made.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
depth of the pens really showed in this one. Mcdavid line was flying but the other lines didn't have any offensive presence at all. Both team's coaches probably didn't enoy it, but this was a super fun game to watch. Lots of speed, lots of chances at both ends.

Thats simply not true. All 3 of our lines created point blank chances, we just failed to finish. Murray was excellent and so was Talbot. We lost this game on the luckiest of bounces.

DJsquared

Aug 25, 2013
I have to say even though we lost and there is some way to go, but I do like what I am seeing in this team

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
At least Eberle and Maroon had great games. Them and McDavid needed it.

We were beat by an amazing play by Malkin and then a fluky unfortunate goal off Pouliot. Both goalies were great.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
has to be some type of caption for Pouliot. ...pucks bouncing and he comes down to the crease and tosses his blade out there

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
That was a win if we had Russell in the line up. Benning with turnovers leading to 2 goals and a couple penalties.

He was in over his head.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The effort level and compete were right. That type of play is conducive to long-term success. The results will take care of themselves going forward, we're playing the right way.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Thats simply not true. All 3 of our lines created point blank chances, we just failed to finish. Murray was excellent and so was Talbot. We lost this game on the luckiest of bounces.

Honestly felt like the McDavid line was the only dangerous line out there.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
has to be some type of caption for Pouliot. ...pucks bouncing and he comes down to the crease and tosses his blade out there

If that puck doesn't hit the 1 inch shaft of Shearys stick and bounce in that puck is in the corner and we are in OT right now. He didn't just "toss" his blade in the crease he took a full out whack at it and it was headed towards the corner.

Give me a break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad