GDT: XIV | Malkin Vs Draisaitl | The Re-Beginining | Oilers @ Pens | 5:00PM SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
When Davidson and Rusell are healthy can we cut both Gryba and Benning and keep Nurse in

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Last season it was a good fit...Maroon was plus 8 i think and a point shy of PPG. This should have been the go to trio from the beginning. Maroon looks better than last year
Jep, Maroon worked so well with McD. But i get the point of trying to get Lucic going with McD, too. We'll see who get's the LW spot on the 1st line. :popcorn:

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
If that puck doesn't hit the 1 inch shaft of Shearys stick and bounce in that puck is in the corner and we are in OT right now. He didn't just "toss" his blade in the crease he took a full out whack at it and it was headed towards the corner.

Give me a break

still swinging his stick in that area. Towards the defensive end. He took the risk and that opportunity of it ending up in the net was always there.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
davidson isn't supposed to be back until december or january though.... we're going to have to make due with one of benning or gryba, even after russel comes back (whenever the hell that is)

Where did you hear this? By my eye it looked like a shoulder separation (how severe I'm not sure), which in general would usually be a 4-6 week recovering, the exact injury Eberle suffered last year in training camp.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Jep, Maroon worked so well with McD. But i get the point of trying to get Lucic going with McD, too. We'll see who get's the LW spot on the 1st line. :popcorn:

I think its Maroon's to lose, they just work so well together. Lucic has had great offensive chemistry with Leon so I don't really see any reason to change that. That line obviously needs to be better defensively than they were tonight, but they created more than a couple high quality chances tonight. Its just growing pains with a young 21 y/o centre in Draisaitl, and an inexperienced NHL rookie in Pitlick (who has been great and exceeded expectations by a mile this year, btw).

Once Caggiula is healthy I really like Pitlick back on the 4th line. He looked tired at times tonight with the higher minutes, and when he's playing 4th line he's flying out there every shift and giving us some offence that we don't usually get from our 4th line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad