Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 - AIDEU TORONTO - FLORIDUH HERE WE COME - BRUINS 2 Toronto 1 F/OT - B's win series 4-3

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I didn't post much this series. To be honest, I hate playing the leafs. And the reason I hate them is the obnoxious Maple Leaf Square. Like, I understand if they only showed it during Game 7, or on the verge of winning the ECF or Stanley Cup. But after every goal, on series long, in the first round! Like, I remember them showing clips on towny bars in game 7 of the finals in 2011, and definitely during 04 for the Sox. But that was when there was something on the line. It goes back to the Hockey News cover and the obnoxious assumption that cups were deserved in Toronto. No, the are earned. You bleed for them. You leave part of your soul on the ice. You play with a punctured lung just to have a chance.

Anyways, I've been down on Swayman recently, even thinking they should trade his rights and keep Ullmark this off-season, because, as good as he's been, he's never had that moment where he's claimed the net, made it sure there is no doubt he has it in him. Too many goals that you can't really blame him for, but shouldn't go in. There was none of that this series. Not a single one. This is his net. He has arrived.
For you, leafs square

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff and nORRis8

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Toronto did a great job the last 3 games of playing like they were trying for the last minute tying goal.

2 guys into the puck corner
1 guy opposite corner so we couldn't switch it
1 guy at each point.
They were very effective at keeping the puck in.

In OT....as short as it was....they pulled back as if they were afraid to give up an odd man rush.

Not forcing our D was a big mistake

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
1714957218392.png

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Is McGowan directing this one too?
Nope but have his permission to make it. Also got some Canadian bands to support it and let us cover them. The others want to see the finished product first but it was really cool to have the Hip thumbs up it after Gord Downie was in the original. We have one scene left to film and a rough cut is already done. Post will be another 7 weeks and we will release it June 13th.

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
I didn't know that Maroon had scored a game 7 OT goal with St. Louis the year they won. That guy has a horseshoe up his ass, lol.

What a great season this turned out to be. After Bergy and DK retired I had pretty low expectations for the team. It is safe to already call this season a success in my eyes. But damn, now I want to win, ha! And you never know what can happen!

Go Bs!

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
I didn't know that Maroon had scored a game 7 OT goal with St. Louis the year they won. That guy has a horseshoe up his ass, lol.

What a great season this turned out to be. After Bergy and DK retired I had pretty low expectations for the team. It is safe to already call this season a success in my eyes. But damn, now I want to win, ha! And you never know what can happen!

Go Bs!
that was against monty's dallas team IIRC.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad