OT: Xbox 360| GM Connected -Sim only| Thread #1| NHL 14| Serious & long-term GM's only

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
So the trade talk rules in this thread..

Does that mean we can't post trading blocks or who is available, or just that we can't negotiate in here?

Do post trading block/interests/available players etc. Feel free it make it interesting with Mackenzie rumours etc.

No negotiating in thread.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
i'm interested in playing again. i haven't pre-ordered 14, but i should be getting it the day it comes out or shortly after.

i'd be interested in being either the coyotes or the sens (someone should take them because we're the sens board and so karlsson doesn't get sent through waivers :laugh:)

i can't decide, so if i get accepted, i'll let you decide, benny.

Mjtm77

Aug 31, 2013
could I grab the redwings? I will be very active...

gamertag- mjtm77

To the OP, why not create a Facebook group for those in the game to talk trade and such that way? Works well in my other league.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
could I grab the redwings? I will be very active...

gamertag- mjtm77

To the OP, why not create a Facebook group for those in the game to talk trade and such that way? Works well in my other league.

No interest in people using this as their 2nd or 3rd or 4th league.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I am the best gm in the world. :sarcasm:

On another subject that is a little off-topic, here is a custom erik karlsson nhl 14 cover photo that i found on the ea forums if anyone wants to use it.

uds3.jpg

Last edited:

Leafs For Life*

Nah, it will lead to trade talk before people even know all the overalls, potential etc.

And if we know the overalls+potentials?
-----
Saad (81 - 4*) - Toews (92 - 5*) - Kane (88 - 4.5*)
Bickell (80) - Sharp (88) - Hossa (89)
Shaw (80 - 3.5*)- Krueger (78 - 3.5*) - LeBlanc(72 - 3.5*)/Pirri/Teravainen
Hayes - Handzus (78) - Morin

Keith (90) - Hjalmarsson (85 - 4*)
Leddy (81 - 4*) - Seabrook (89)
Oduya (80) - Rozsival (81)

Peckham, D (77 - 3.5*), Brookbank, D (74), Winchester, LW (72), Bollig, LW (69 - 2.5*) <- lol

Crawford
Khabibulin

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
And if we know the overalls+potentials?
-----
Saad (81 - 4*) - Toews (92 - 5*) - Kane (88 - 4.5*)
Bickell (80) - Sharp (88) - Hossa (89)
Shaw (80 - 3.5*)- Krueger (78 - 3.5*) - LeBlanc(72 - 3.5*)/Pirri/Teravainen
Hayes - Handzus (78) - Morin

Keith (90) - Hjalmarsson (85 - 4*)
Leddy (81 - 4*) - Seabrook (89)
Oduya (80) - Rozsival (81)

Peckham, D (77 - 3.5*), Brookbank, D (74), Winchester, LW (72), Bollig, LW (69 - 2.5*) <- lol

Crawford
Khabibulin

One leaked overall mistake and it will lead to pages of arguing about how someone agreed before the game came out and backed out because an overall was different than the leaked.

Dont want a repeat from last year.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Unless they can patch it post-release it looks like we'll be playing in Divisions "A","B","C", and "D" haha. The updates to GM mode look pretty cool though. Player growth throughout the year, edit lines is beefed up to let you sort by stats, the salary trading aspect of the new CBA is added, and the computer can rotate goalies. A video posted by a lets play commentator will be posted below if anyone wants a quick rundown on the above mentioned features. Now I'll just have to wait until the early release at 1pm to see if prospect progression is any different.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Man, ea sure did screw up the sens lineups :laugh:

Michalek-Spezza-Ryan
Greening-Turris-MacArthur
O'brien-Zibanejad-Conacher
Condra-Smith-Neil

Methot-Karlsson
Phillips-Cowen
Gryba-Wiercoch

Anderson
Lehner

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Man, ea sure did screw up the sens lineups :laugh:

Michalek-Spezza-Ryan
Greening-Turris-MacArthur
O'brien-Zibanejad-Conacher
Condra-Smith-Neil

Methot-Karlsson
Phillips-Cowen
Gryba-Wiercoch

Anderson
Lehner

Haha yeah poor O'Brien won't even get to play let alone play on the third line. On the plus side Zibanejad finally isn't some generic euro.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Haha yeah poor O'Brien won't even get to play let alone play on the third line. On the plus side Zibanejad finally isn't some generic euro.

On the powerplay, they have phillips playing with karlsson. Ea is for sure going to have to update this roster come the start of the season.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Since the early release is out, all the player overalls are out. My lines will be something like this:

:stars

Jamie Benn (88) - Tyler Seguin (85) - Rich Peverley (83)
Ray Whitney (83) - Cody Eakin (81) - Erik Cole (84)
Antoinne Rousell (77) - Shawn Horcoff (82) - Alex Chaisson (78)
Lane McDermid (70) - Vernon Fiddler (78) - Tom Wandell (77)

Trevor Daley (85) - Alex Goligoski (83)
Stephane Robidas (84) - Brenden Dillon (80)
Sergei Gonchar (83) - Aaron Rome (76)

Kari Lehtonen (86)
Dan Ellis (75)

I'm not specifically looking to make any trades right now, but feel free to send me a proposal if you are interested.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Since the early release is out, all the player overalls are out. My lines will be something like this:

:stars

Jamie Benn (88) - Tyler Seguin (85) - Rich Peverley (83)
Ray Whitney (83) - Cody Eakin (81) - Erik Cole (84)
Antoinne Rousell (77) - Shawn Horcoff (82) - Alex Chaisson (78)
Lane McDermid (70) - Vernon Fiddler (78) - Tom Wandell (77)

Trevor Daley (85) - Alex Goligoski (83)
Stephane Robidas (84) - Brenden Dillon (80)
Sergei Gonchar (83) - Aaron Rome (76)

Kari Lehtonen (86)
Dan Ellis (75)

I'm not specifically looking to make any trades right now, but feel free to send me a proposal if you are interested.

Senguin and Peverly are still on the bruins in this game. Why hasn't ea properly updated the rosters?

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Senguin and Peverly are still on the bruins in this game. Why hasn't ea properly updated the rosters?

You're talking about 14 right? In 14 they're on Dallas:

You can also see them on Dallas in one of Domski2BC's videos on YouTube, he plays a shootout with them.

If you're talking about 13, EA never updates the rosters after the trade deadline.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
You're talking about 14 right? In 14 they're on Dallas:

You can also see them on Dallas in one of Domski2BC's videos on YouTube, he plays a shootout with them.

If you're talking about 13, EA never updates the rosters after the trade deadline.

I'm on nhl 14. I just went to play now and looked at the starting lineups for the bruins and seguin and peverly were still on their roster. I will check again though.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
lol. Pageau is 63 overall with 3 red stars. Phillips > Methot. Karlsson only 88. What a joke.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I'm on nhl 14. I just went to play now and looked at the starting lineups for the bruins and seguin and peverly were still on their roster. I will check again though.

I think you have to download a roster update.

lol. Pageau is 63 overall with 3 red stars. Phillips > Methot. Karlsson only 88. What a joke.

I raged when I saw Pageau's rating...... no logic involved

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I think you have to download a roster update.

I raged when I saw Pageau's rating...... no logic involved

I already downloaded the roster update. Its fixed now though. I know what happened being that it has been happening to me since nhl 13. I have to either play an online game or just search for an online game to get the updated rosters. If i just connect to the servers and go right to the option play now, it gives me the old rosters even if i downloaded the roster update. Its weird.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I already downloaded the roster update. Its fixed now though. I know what happened being that it has been happening to me since nhl 13. I have to either play an online game or just search for an online game to get the updated rosters. If i just connect to the servers and go right to the option play now, it gives me the old rosters even if i downloaded the roster update. Its weird.

Weird, my NHL 13 always loads the online rosters when I start it up.

I wish the game was just out already..... don't want to pay for "Season Ticket" :pout:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Weird, my NHL 13 always loads the online rosters when I start it up.

I wish the game was just out already..... don't want to pay for "Season Ticket" :pout:

I have no idea why it doesn't load for me.

Anyways, here is my lineup for the bruins:

Marchand (86)-Bergeron (89)-Eriksson (86)
Lucic (87)- Krejci (87)-Iginla (84)
Smith (73)-Kelly (80)-Paille (73)
Thornton (76)-Campbell (78)-Caron (76)

Chara (94)-Seidenberg (87)
Boychuk (85)-Hamilton (79)
Morrow (74)-Mcquaid (82)

Rask (87)
Hutchinson (73)

dasboot

Jajajaja
Sep 12, 2010
Enjoying the game so far.

Just played a drop-in. Guy bulls over my goalie so I fight him and knock him out. We're down 3-1 to start the 3rd, other team gets a game misconduct, 5 minute PP. We score 5 goals (3 by me) on that powerplay and win the game 6-3. 3 goals, 2 assists. Love it.

Hitting needs to be turned down still and once they do that it should fix the penalties, because there's a lot right now. Feels much more fluid than last game though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad