GDT: x-CAR - CHI - Teamwork. It keeps our players gruntled.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I have no problem with Trocheck trying to make it happen. Necas does it too. Your top players need to have swagger and Tro does, we wouldn’t be in the playoffs without him. If the move worked its game over, and it wasn’t the reason they scored. It’s not like he was last man back when he dangled.
Yeah, we've obviously had more rough times than good recently in OT, but we've been a much better team in OT than we used to be in recent years. Some of that is valuing the puck in OT, which has been lacking recently, but mostly it's our skilled guys making skilled plays. I'm not going to wish that away. I'm sure many of our dazzling OT winners the last few years were inches away from stupidity. It's how 3 on 3 goes.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
The loss stinks, at least we got a point. One more win and the division race is over, so that's good. Just disappointed we choked this one away like we did. And I have no words for playing Trocheck in OT. An ill advised turnover of his has directly led to the last 3 OT goals against us. At a certain point, you just can't put this man out there. He doesn't value possession in OT where it is so, so critical.

This team went through the motions tonight. After they got the SHG, they played for the point, not the win. They deserved to lose. I have no worry that they'll bounce back, but man, this stinks because it could have iced the division race and basically gotten us into a situation where home ice was looking certain. Now, we absolutely need Vegas to lose, possibly twice.
There’s no reason to over value possession in OT like that right now. We’re in the playoffs. It has no application to playoff games. Attack away. Again....the turnover was in the other end of the rink and the Hawks even took their sweet time getting over our blue line. It was a change of possession but it’s not like he did it at our blue line. We had all three guys back on that goal. It was a skilled shot.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
tonight did clinch home ice in the first round.

that might seem like a stupid thing to celebrate after a disappointing loss, but i'll take it. unless i'm forgetting something (rangers play-in last year doesn't count), canes haven't had home ice in the (real) playoffs since 2006.

Reactions: Discipline Daddy

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

that might seem like a stupid thing to celebrate after a disappointing loss, but i'll take it. unless i'm forgetting something (rangers play-in last year doesn't count), canes haven't had home ice in the (real) playoffs since 2006.

Correct, 2006 was the last playoff appearance this team had any kind of home ice advantage

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017

Last win clinched home ice for the 1st round. We owned the tie breaker over Florida

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

We clinched home ice last game.

Tonight's result just means that if we win one more game, we win the division. (or if Tampa loses one more in regulation) But it actually hurts us in the President's Trophy race as Vegas has the tiebreaker over us. We now need them to lose one more game than us from here on out.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Guys.... Guys
fg7mx38zklx61.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad