GDT: x-CAR - CHI - Teamwork. It keeps our players gruntled.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Screenshot_20210506-231105_Reddit.jpg

She's just not that into you bro

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Nah. They've been profoundly great this year, and this was the first night I can remember this season thinking they were definitely gonna blow a lead they didn't deserve.

It's sort of amazing that it took until the end of the year, when the only goal left is the President's Trophy, before a game like that happened.

hockeynjune

CAT4 and RI TAKE SHELTER NOW
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
Nah. They've been profoundly great this year, and this was the first night I can remember this season thinking they were definitely gonna blow a lead they didn't deserve.

You could feel it coming. Some of Petr's saves were nothing short of miraculous. I am sure there will be lots of video coaching happening today.

Reactions: DaveG

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
It's sort of amazing that it took until the end of the year, when the only goal left is the President's Trophy, before a game like that happened.

I won't feel safe about the Division until I see that little "y" next to Carolina's name in the league standings. If TB wins tonight they're 3 points back but they hold the tie breaker. Tampa does have Florida twice, but Vasilevskiy is always a threat to steal a game. And we're playing 2 at Nashville, who will probably have a chip on their shoulder given what we've done to them so far this season.

I recognize how favorable a position we're in when it comes to the Division title but random chance (luck) factors into hockey much more than other sports. I'm hoping the Bolts lose in regulation tonight and ends any possibility of a last second Divisional let down that would be tremendously painful to Canes fans.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad